Grand Cherokee 2013 CRD limited turbo failure - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Grand Cherokee 2013 CRD limited turbo failure

Official Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Headlight Pair

Unread 05-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #1
stoffa86

Grand Cherokee 2013 CRD limited turbo failure

Has anyone had any problems with the turbo failing on the 2013 CRD V6 3.OL diesels? I just bought it on Friday and it didn't even last a day when it started making a loud whine in the cab when under acceleration.. Not long after the electronic throttle control lamp (red lightning bolt) came on and also the engine light. It went back to the dealers today and they believe the turbo has failed but couldn't tell me how bad yet...

stoffa86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #2
mpuzach
2012 WK 

You have a 2013 diesel? What part of the world are you in?
mpuzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 08:50 AM   #3
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

it happens. most likely just a bad one from the mfg. once replaced, you should be fine.
pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #4
stoffa86

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpuzach
You have a 2013 diesel? What part of the world are you in?
QLD, Austraila!
stoffa86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 10:32 PM   #5
lionel
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffa86 View Post
Has anyone had any problems with the turbo failing on the 2013 CRD V6 3.OL diesels? I just bought it on Friday and it didn't even last a day when it started making a loud whine in the cab when under acceleration.. Not long after the electronic throttle control lamp (red lightning bolt) came on and also the engine light. It went back to the dealers today and they believe the turbo has failed but couldn't tell me how bad yet...
yes i have had failure in the turbo pipe work dump pipe it was blowing soot all over the firewall the dealer could not workout how to get to it they have to remove the false firewall i have had this car 6 months it has been to date 7 weeks in the dealers due to excess diesel fume in the cabin and noe the manifold gasket has **** itself with another EGR valve its in its 4th week waiting for these parts .This company has a lot to answer for in regards to part supply to its customers i know of several very dissatisfied customers with these JGCs i have another person who has also diesel fumes in the cabin .I intend to take very public action on these issues Chrysler has not even given me any sort of priority after spending $83 k its not on .If your problem is the Turbo you will be waiting off the road at least 4 to 5 weeks .
lionel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 10:35 PM   #6
lionel
2012 WK 

Quote:
yes i have had failure in the turbo pipe work dump pipe it was blowing soot all over the firewall the dealer could not workout how to get to it they have to remove the false firewall i have had this car 6 months it has been to date 7 weeks in the dealers due to excess diesel fume in the cabin and noe the manifold gasket has **** itself with another EGR valve its in its 4th week waiting for these parts .This company has a lot to answer for in regards to part supply to its customers i know of several very dissatisfied customers with these JGCs i have another person who has also diesel fumes in the cabin .I intend to take very public action on these issues Chrysler has not even given me any sort of priority after spending $83 k its not on .If your problem is the Turbo you will be waiting off the road at least 4 to 5 weeks .
Unread 08-17-2013, 04:43 AM   #7
lionel
2012 WK 

Quote:
QLD, Austraila!
You maybe in for a very unpleasent surprise big job to replace the Turbo.
Unread 08-17-2013, 04:44 AM   #8
lionel
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentastarguy View Post
it happens. most likely just a bad one from the mfg. once replaced, you should be fine.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.