Good Bye Jeep - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Good Bye Jeep

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 11-30-2013, 07:09 PM   #31
Jpiwonski
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoney12
No issues here with MB or BMW service in DC area. I'm a little worried about Jeep but saw you mentioned Manassas which is where I bought my GC so perhaps I'll be alright. Gotta bring it in next week so we'll see!
I bought my GC from a bmw dealership in DC. Love the GC but they didn't have me sign all of the necessary forms and it was a huge hassle getting the title sent to me.

Jpiwonski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #32
ourlee
2001 TJ Wrangler 

My cx-5 has zero issues, what is fiat thinking? I want a diesel but not sure about this awful quality.
Unread 12-06-2013, 10:53 PM   #33
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2013 JK Wrangler 

Sounds like you had some bad luck and bailed over warranty issues. We just added a 3rd Jeep to the family, because these vehicles take a beating and keep going. So many old Jeeps on the road after 150K+ miles of abuse ... Jeep for life here and plenty of people just like me.

Good bye. How is Jeep keeping up with demand; especially the JK/JKU .. double shifts at the plant?
DangFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 11:23 PM   #34
Jerster

I did not bail over warranty issues. I bailed over quality issues. I spent $40K on a vehicle and have major problems at 13K miles. Not to mention it will probably be in the shop more than on the road and without a loaner car. I took a chance on an American vehicle and it did not work out. I noticed many non American produced parts on the Jeep maybe that has something to do with lack of reliability. I am back in a BMW and could not be more happy with the quality and performance.
Jerster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #35
loveracing1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerster View Post
I did not bail over warranty issues. I bailed over quality issues. I spent $40K on a vehicle and have major problems at 13K miles. Not to mention it will probably be in the shop more than on the road and without a loaner car. I took a chance on an American vehicle and it did not work out. I noticed many non American produced parts on the Jeep maybe that has something to do with lack of reliability. I am back in a BMW and could not be more happy with the quality and performance.
Good, have fun overpaying for everything. Plenty of people have issues with BMW's as well as every other manufacturer.
loveracing1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #36
Jerster

I have been driving BMW's for 30 years and have not had any major issues with any of my BMW's and if I did it was covered by CPO or maintenance warranty no questions asked and a free loaner car. You are right any vehicle can have issues I just did not want to continue with a Jeep Happy Holidays!
Jerster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 11:53 AM   #37
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

Quote:
I have been driving BMW's for 30 years and have not had any major issues with any of my BMW's and if I did it was covered by CPO or maintenance warranty no questions asked and a free loaner car. You are right any vehicle can have issues I just did not want to continue with a Jeep Happy Holidays!
Hope you dont need to car off road with your BMW since it cant.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #38
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
I like BMWs policy that replacing all suspension components as well as the transmission at 100,000 miles is considered routine maintenance Two of ours fell apart about that time. You have to really love how they drive to put up with all the expense, and nothing wrong with that. My buddy that runs a shop inflates his labor ~ 75% when working on BMW and Mercedes, etc as those owners think its disrespectful if they don't get price gouged nor is it "quality" service.... He loves working on them, the owners just pay and leave happy. There are quite a few BMW enthusiasts that do their own work, however. Its a great driving car.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.