Good Bye Jeep - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Good Bye Jeep

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 08-15-2013, 10:09 AM   #16
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentman View Post
that could sour anyone. However, those are not unique to jeep. Any issues with overheating before the head gasket issue?

Who cares about the shock? It is a good excuse to execute an upgrade. Head gasket and leaking shock are not worthy of mentioning in the same post. Shocks are a wear item and are easy to replace and cheap, especially if you are only doing one. Head gaskets are not. Hit any large potholes prior to the leaking shock?

I won't argue with you there. I avoid the jeep dealer like the plague. I actually avoid all dealers like the plague, and jeep is no exception.

'12 Laredo V6 ORA1|Terra Grappler 265-70-17|MB TKO 17x8.5|Silverstar Ultra low beams|Mopar Front and Rear WK2 slush mats|RRO 2.5" lift
BWoody extended sway bar links|K&N 77 Series Intake|Gibson Exhaust | Viair OBA | RRO Combo Winch mount| Q9000S winch
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #17
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerster View Post
One more thing their dealerships need to learn how to treat their customers better after spending $40K plus on a vehicle along the lines of BMW & Lexus.
Who pays only $40k for a BMW these days?

$60k is the new $40k
Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #18
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

BMW engine specs vs dyno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev M View Post
Who pays only $40k for a BMW these days?

$60k is the new $40k
Is going after the lower end of their market with cheaper 3 series with less powerful engines etc. They need the volume at the lower end
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 11:30 AM   #19
Butterjeep
2012 JK Wrangler 

I've never had service that has blown me away at a dealership. It's mediocre at best and usually, they try to tack on some extra service. They are a profit center and not a charity, I understand that, but when they recommend services that aren't even listed in the manual, it does put a bad impression on the whole thing.
Unread 08-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #20
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

Especially

Throttlebody cleaning. Jeep specifically recommends not having this done at least on V6.

My current dealer isnt too bad but they just sold out to a larger chain. Shame family owned dealers are disappearing.
Unread 08-19-2013, 12:44 AM   #21
hobbie1
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkreit01 View Post
You really think the CEO is going to read your emails? IF they ever get read, it will be by an Executive Admin with an associates degree or HS diploma. Oh well, if it makes you feel better....

My Jeep recently had its torque converter replaced. It was in the shop for a week (under warranty). We had a base Liberty as a donor (horrible compared to WK2, but it drove). I don't think this is reason to give up on a brand. Buying a new car is a crapshoot. You can get a good or bad one (and everything in between) no matter what brand you decide.
First, I would not bother writing a note if I did not think someone who could help would read the e-mail. So, actually someone is reading the e-mail. I got a call from Chrysler Friday morning while on my way to the Pebble Beach Concours. Will call them back Monday morning.
2013 Ford Mustang GT and 1966 Ford Mustang 289 5-SPD 289
hobbie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #22
aedubber
2012 WK 

I have owned BMWs and Mercedes vehicles , about the best service you will get and thats why you pay $$$ for service lol . I always had a great experience with them , i do agree that Jeep needs to bump up their service especially since some jeeps run up to 50k . I never had a issue with my jeep or my jeep dealer , they treat me good , and im able to get a loaner if i get it setup in advance . As for the head gasket , that DEF should be covered under warranty and so should a rear shock since it was only at 15k . I have 30k miles clocked in and my Jeep is going strong.
aedubber is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 08:16 AM   #23
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

Really???

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
I have owned BMWs and Mercedes vehicles , about the best service you will get and thats why you pay $$$ for service lol . I always had a great experience with them , i do agree that Jeep needs to bump up their service especially since some jeeps run up to 50k . I never had a issue with my jeep or my jeep dealer , they treat me good , and im able to get a loaner if i get it setup in advance . As for the head gasket , that DEF should be covered under warranty and so should a rear shock since it was only at 15k . I have 30k miles clocked in and my Jeep is going strong.
Def wont be covered under warranty. At least in DC area BMW dealers suck. Mercedes dealers are the same. Now if they think you are important you might get better service. Its all about making money since their costs are so high. Service keeps a dealer in the black not new car sales. I have gotten better service at my Manassas Jeep than I ever got from a BMW dealer or any of my girlfriends got from the Mercedes dealer. There is only one decent
Mercedes dealer in the DC area and one average BMW dealer. I dont think any Jeep dealer would defraud Chrysler Corp by taking money for warranty work and then not doing it to spec. A BMW dealer did this to my bro on his 3 series with the rear subframe until he called him on it when his independent mechanic said they didnt do the work correctly.
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:04 AM   #24
aedubber
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2002ti View Post
Def wont be covered under warranty. At least in DC area BMW dealers suck. Mercedes dealers are the same. Now if they think you are important you might get better service. Its all about making money since their costs are so high. Service keeps a dealer in the black not new car sales. I have gotten better service at my Manassas Jeep than I ever got from a BMW dealer or any of my girlfriends got from the Mercedes dealer. There is only one decent
Mercedes dealer in the DC area and one average BMW dealer. I dont think any Jeep dealer would defraud Chrysler Corp by taking money for warranty work and then not doing it to spec. A BMW dealer did this to my bro on his 3 series with the rear subframe until he called him on it when his independent mechanic said they didnt do the work correctly.
Then i guess your dealers truly suck lol .. The dealers i went to here for my BMW and Mercedes they treated me great , always had a loaner too with no need to make an advance schedule ahead of time for just a loaner. I recall i brought in my mercedes for just an oil change, i got to drive around a brand new 60k SUV with only 4k miles on it as a loaner. Even with BMW , they would give me a loaner right on the spot , and the loaners were all new cars .. But thats like with everything tho in life , you get the good and bad regardless ..
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:36 AM   #25
bullrider718

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbie1 View Post
First, I would not bother writing a note if I did not think someone who could help would read the e-mail. So, actually someone is reading the e-mail. I got a call from Chrysler Friday morning while on my way to the Pebble Beach Concours. Will call them back Monday morning.
Hobbie-

Interested as to what you heard from chrylser (if anything).
bullrider718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 10:45 PM   #26
hobbie1
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrider718 View Post
Hobbie-

Interested as to what you heard from chrylser (if anything).
Someone called Friday I called back - 3 times still unable to connect. Everyone with the problem should send a note also sounds like its time to reactivate the Jeep issues twitter account and get social about the lack of parts.
2013 Ford Mustang GT and 1966 Ford Mustang 289 5-SPD 289
hobbie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 07:00 AM   #27
ColdCase

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
The dealers i went to here for my BMW and Mercedes they treated me great , always had a loaner too with no need to make an advance schedule ahead of time for just a loaner. I recall i brought in my mercedes for just an oil change, i got to drive around a brand new 60k SUV with only 4k miles on it as a loaner. Even with BMW , they would give me a loaner right on the spot , and the loaners were all new cars

You must have paid extra for those vehicles, or perhaps are related to to the owners? No BMW and Mercedes dealers here loan cars for warranty or repair work, let alone oil changes, unless you paid for the $$$ special service up front (some dealers throw that extra cost into the sale without mentioning it). I spent many hours at a mercedes dealer while they tried to fix a rattle in the front suspension. First they claim they don't hear it, then they can't find it, after several trips they find a loose bolt on the steering tie rod, a tie rod that failed at 50,000 miles and out of warranty.... no love there. What you experienced is a specific dealer, not a rule of thumb. Now, Ferrari dealers do seem to treat us well here, but then nothing's free.
Unread 08-23-2013, 08:47 AM   #28
aedubber
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
You must have paid extra for those vehicles, or perhaps are related to to the owners? No BMW and Mercedes dealers here loan cars for warranty or repair work, let alone oil changes, unless you paid for the $$$ special service up front (some dealers throw that extra cost into the sale without mentioning it). I spent many hours at a mercedes dealer while they tried to fix a rattle in the front suspension. First they claim they don't hear it, then they can't find it, after several trips they find a loose bolt on the steering tie rod, a tie rod that failed at 50,000 miles and out of warranty.... no love there. What you experienced is a specific dealer, not a rule of thumb. Now, Ferrari dealers do seem to treat us well here, but then nothing's free.
Nope , actually didnt even buy the car from the dealers , got them elsewhere so i never paid into the sale . Your right , it could be " specific " dealers so i guess its hit or miss .My oil changes cost me 160 bucks so no they were not free.
Unread 11-29-2013, 01:06 PM   #29
Gunny7
2014 WK 

I will tell you.
The dealer who has a
Understanding, Helpful, Service Writer, Service Manager and let's you talk or visit with the Technician and gives you a Loaner
Can Smooth out Ruffled Feathers.
Thing is, the Dealer --Service Reputation --- gets first priority with me.
Why try to save 2-3K then have the Royal Red *** for years cause you went to the lowest Bidder.
Gunny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2013, 06:28 AM   #30
bmoney12
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2002ti
Def wont be covered under warranty. At least in DC area BMW dealers suck. Mercedes dealers are the same. Now if they think you are important you might get better service. Its all about making money since their costs are so high. Service keeps a dealer in the black not new car sales. I have gotten better service at my Manassas Jeep than I ever got from a BMW dealer or any of my girlfriends got from the Mercedes dealer. There is only one decent Mercedes dealer in the DC area and one average BMW dealer. I dont think any Jeep dealer would defraud Chrysler Corp by taking money for warranty work and then not doing it to spec. A BMW dealer did this to my bro on his 3 series with the rear subframe until he called him on it when his independent mechanic said they didnt do the work correctly.
No issues here with MB or BMW service in DC area. I'm a little worried about Jeep but saw you mentioned Manassas which is where I bought my GC so perhaps I'll be alright. Gotta bring it in next week so we'll see!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.