Good Bye Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Good Bye Jeep

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 08-14-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
Jerster

Good Bye Jeep

Well I gave Jeep a shot and it did not work for me. I had a 2011 JGC 70th Anniversary model. My issues are an oil leak that turned out to be a head gasket and soon after that leaking rear shock with less than 15K miles. I cannot take a chance long term on a vehicle that is having problems this early on. I do have to say Chrysler has treated me well under the circumstances. One more thing their dealerships need to learn how to treat their customers better after spending $40K plus on a vehicle along the lines of BMW & Lexus.

Jerster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2013, 06:57 PM   #2
97HMCS
2012 WK 

V6 or V8?
97HMCS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2013, 06:57 PM   #3
Dave2002ti
Web Wheeler
2012 WK 

obviously the education system is Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerster View Post
Well I gave Jeep a shot and it did not work for me. I had a 2011 JGC 70th Anniversary model. My issues are an oil leak that turned out to be a head gasket and soon after that leaking rear shock with less than 15K miles. I cannot take a chance long term on a vehicle that is having problems this early on. I do have to say Chrysler has treated me well under the circumstances. One more thing their dealerships need to learn how to treat their customers better after spending $40K plus on a vehicle along the lines of BMW & Lexus.
You have never had the BMW dealership experience where dealer claimed they repaired the rear subframe on my bro's E46 to BMWNA's specs but it wasnt even close. They wanted the cash from NA but didnt want to do the job correctly. I also owned a 3series and purchased it at the time from dealer know for customer service. The part manager and one of the techs were track day buddies but I still got treated like dog poop. Manassas Jeep has treated me way better than any BMW dealer.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #4
bullrider718

My 2011 overland won't even start.... part on national backorder (no known delivery date), $40,000+ car, dealership doesn't even offer loaners. Right there with you..
bullrider718 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2013, 10:12 PM   #5
RB145
2014 WK 

Quote:
Your comments make no sense. You say they treated you well and then in the very next sentence you say they need to learn how to treat their customers.
RB145 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2013, 11:00 PM   #6
Jerster

Chrsyler from the corporate level treated me well. Its the individual dealerships that need improvement.
Unread 08-14-2013, 11:01 PM   #7
Jerster

V6
Unread 08-14-2013, 11:03 PM   #8
Jerster

Sorry to hear that. BMW is the opposite for me
Unread 08-15-2013, 12:10 AM   #9
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. BMW is the opposite for me
Alot more issues with bmw's also.
Unread 08-15-2013, 02:11 AM   #10
kentman
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
a head gasket
That could sour anyone. However, those are not unique to Jeep. Any issues with overheating before the head gasket issue?

Quote:
leaking rear shock
Who cares about the shock? It is a good excuse to execute an upgrade. Head gasket and leaking shock are not worthy of mentioning in the same post. Shocks are a wear item and are easy to replace and cheap, especially if you are only doing one. Head gaskets are not. Hit any large potholes prior to the leaking shock?

Quote:
One more thing their dealerships need to learn how to treat their customers better after spending $40K plus on a vehicle along the lines of BMW & Lexus.
I won't argue with you there. I avoid the Jeep dealer like the plague. I actually avoid all dealers like the plague, and Jeep is no exception.
Unread 08-15-2013, 02:35 AM   #11
hobbie1
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrider718 View Post
My 2011 overland won't even start.... part on national backorder (no known delivery date), $40,000+ car, dealership doesn't even offer loaners. Right there with you..
Hi is this the TPIM issue -starts with a rough idle?

My post is here. They said the part will come sometime in September.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/.../#post15786590

Same issue? I've got an extended warranty - so they have given me a rental when the Jeep is in for the service

Any idea how many 2011's are having this problem? This is not good. Perhaps a little crowd sourcing / social postings will get them off of their butts.

Note - I have a new Mustang GT - no issues after 3 months and 2700 miles - did not even consider the Challenger given all of the issues I've had with our Jeep and RAM.

This is a couple of e-mails note I wrote to Mike Manley CEO of Jeep

I have removed my personal info.

----- Original Message -----
To: mike.manley@chrysler.com
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2013 12:02 AM
Subject: Re: 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2012 Ram 2500 Laramie CTD 4x4

I am sorry to contact you again.

Our 2011 Grand Cherokee is again having reliability issues.

The Jeep has developed a rough idle.

On a couple of occasions it has stalled out while waiting in traffic. On one occasion it would not start after a stall.

On Monday 8/12 Stead Jeep in Walnut Creek verified the condition and identified the problem as being a TPIM issue.

They have ordered the part but indicated it would be "sometime" in September before the part would be available.

This makes no sense that again a critical part is unavailable.

We need support from Chrysler to get our Jeep running reliably.

Additionally our 2012 RAM's front end issue has still not been resolved.

A Chrysler field rep has verified the problem and has tried several repairs to no avail.

While the problem is getting worse it is difficult to reproduce on demand during the warm summer months.

At this point we plan to return the truck when cooler weather returns.

Help in resolving these issues would be appreciated.

Regards,

To: mike.manley@chrysler.com
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2013 11:14 PM
Subject: 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2012 Ram 2500 Laramie CTD 4x4

Mike,

I have written you in the past regarding an issue with our 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 - purchase in Oct of 2010.

In Feb of 2012 we purchased a new 2012 RAM Laramie Crew Cab 2500 CTD 4x4.

I wanted to share with you issues we are having with both vehicles.

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 5.7 Quadra Drive / Quadra Lift VIN

This last weekend while having the oil changed a leak was noticed around the water pump. The reserve water reservoir was nearly empty. During the inspection it was also noted that the left front CV Boot has failed and greased has sprayed everywhere. I called Jose at Stead Jeep in Walnut Creek Calif. They attempted to order a water pump only to find out that no water pumps are available. I was told to park the Jeep and not to drive it. I called Stead on Monday 4/8 and was told none are available at this time. I then called Hoblit Jeep in Woodland California where both vehicles were purchased. They did some research and found that more than 40 water pumps are on back order at this time. As of today there is no ETA on when our Jeep could be repaired.

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab CTD 4x4 - VIN

We have had an on going problem with a clicking sound in the steering assembly. This started at around 4000 miles. Stead Motors Walnut Creek CA tighten things up in the front end and the problem was gone. It reappeared at around 16000 miles. Our RAM has been to Stead Motors several times. Chrysler (STAR?) has been involved. Numerous hours have been spent trying to repair the problem. Several parts have been replaced. Stead Motors can duplicate the problem and has done their best to try and solve the problem. Most recently they replaced the center steering shaft. This took care of the problem for one day and then it reappeared. They are pretty much at loss at this point. In the process of changing the center shaft it now seems that the steering is no longer solid and actually has an odd vibrating feeling from time to time when turning to the left or right at freeway speeds.

Our family has been loyal to Chrysler brands for a number of years. If fact we have purchased 5 Grand Cherokees - 1 a 2001 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 4x4 still driven by my daughter with more than 160,000 miles, 94 RAM, driven by my brother's son, a 99 Dakota RT driven by my son, a 2006 RAM 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4x4 and now our 2012 RAM 2500 CTD.

At this point I'm hoping after spending more than $100K on these 2 vehicles that somebody could help us get our 2 new vehicles operating correctly.

Your help would be most appreciated,

Kind regards,
2013 Ford Mustang GT and 1966 Ford Mustang 289 5-SPD 289
hobbie1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #12
hemispin
2014 WK 

Quote:
Head gasket is certainly covered under warranty.

I would be disappointed to have a leaky shock at 15k miles, but it wouldn't be enough to make me jump ship.
hemispin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2013, 08:48 AM   #13
GTOnJeep

Quote:
You're exactly right about the last part, Jerster. I just got back from the dealership this morning. The service manager tried to get me to change my spark plugs (2011 v6) at 32,000 miles. We had a mini-argument comparing the dealer's service schedule to the schedule B maintenance required by Jeep. My wife has an Acura and they, for the most part, follow the service schedule in the manual and there are rarely any surprises. I wish Chrysler would get their act together now that they actually have vehicles that appeal to more informed buyers.
GTOnJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2013, 08:49 AM   #14
Jerster

I jumped ship because who knows what would go wrong next and I did not want to take a chance and my dealer where I bought the Jeep treated me like crap. I have owned BMW's since 1999 and I have never had any major problems with them especially under 15,000 miles like the Jeep and the dealer has always taken care of me when in for oil changes or services such as a loaner car no questions asked. Jeep we do not offer loaner cars even thought my Jeep was there for a week. The whole Jeep experience is the reason I left.
Unread 08-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #15
kkreit01

You really think the CEO is going to read your emails? IF they ever get read, it will be by an Executive Admin with an associates degree or HS diploma. Oh well, if it makes you feel better....

My Jeep recently had its torque converter replaced. It was in the shop for a week (under warranty). We had a base Liberty as a donor (horrible compared to WK2, but it drove). I don't think this is reason to give up on a brand. Buying a new car is a crapshoot. You can get a good or bad one (and everything in between) no matter what brand you decide.
kkreit01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.