Going in for TIPM recall - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Going in for TIPM recall

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinNEW KOR LED Lights from KrawlOff-Road.comWIN a Mammoth Lift Kit for your Wrangler at ExtremeTerrain

Unread 01-15-2015, 11:56 AM   #1
jaiasmit
2011 WK 

Going in for TIPM recall

I'm taking my 11 JGC Overland Summit in for the fuel pump relay recall on Monday. I'd prefer to have the entire TIPM replaced if the replacements have been redesigned to fix the problems. I'm wondering what I need to tell the dealer to get them to replace the entire TIPM instead of just putting in a new relay.

I've noticed that a few times recently that my driver's side heated seat will not stay on. I can turn it on and about 2 seconds later it shuts back off. If I shut off the car and open the door and then restart the car again it will work just fine. It hasn't happened for the passenger side, but I don't use it nearly as much.

I've also noticed that it seems to take forever for the driver's side seat to heat up if I use the remote start. I can let it run for 15 minutes when it's cold outside. The seat heater has been turned on according the switch by the remote start, but when I get in the seat is still ice cold.

I'm wondering if these things might be related to the TIPM and be enough to warrant replacing the whole thing.

I'm definitely having the intermittent no-start issues that the fuel pump relay is supposed to fix.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

jaiasmit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2015, 04:11 PM   #2
jaiasmit
2011 WK 

Anyone?
Unread 01-15-2015, 04:19 PM   #3
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

You need to demonstrate the issues you have and let the dealer figure it out. They will only fix the Fuel Pump relay as part of the recall. They are not going to replace the TIPM unless other issues can be attributed to it.

I know, little help, but there were threads here a few months ago about getting the TIPM fixed before the recall as sometimes one got lucky and got a new TIPM. How well do you know the service advisor? Some are cool, others are by the book.
Unread 01-15-2015, 06:32 PM   #4
jaiasmit
2011 WK 

Unfortunately, I don't know the service advisor at all. So far the entire crew has been very nice. I might just ask a few questions when I take it in and see what they have to say. At a minimum, getting the relay fixed will be a step forward. Thanks for the input.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.