Gobi Jeep Grand Cherokee Stealth Roof Rack W/LED Lights, Ladder & Wind Deflector. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Gobi Jeep Grand Cherokee Stealth Roof Rack W/LED Lights, Ladder & Wind Deflector.

Save on Selected Skyjacker Shocks!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineORS Recovery Rope

Unread 02-09-2015, 07:36 AM   #1
vytec
2014 WK 

Gobi Jeep Grand Cherokee Stealth Roof Rack W/LED Lights, Ladder & Wind Deflector.

Here's some pictures of the rack, lights and ladder.

img_1572.jpg   img_1573.jpg   img_1580a.jpg   img_46741.jpg   img_1581.jpg  

img_1579.jpg   img_1575.jpg   img_1576.jpg   img_1578.jpg   img_1577.jpg  

Last edited by vytec; 02-20-2015 at 06:33 PM..
vytec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2015, 09:50 AM   #2
PMHSLight

Love the rack! Not interested in purchasing at this time, but a few questions should I purchase this or a similar on in the future:
1. Did you need to drill into the vehicle at all and if so, for what piece? How difficult was this to install?
2. How did you route wires for lights and where was switch installed?

Im basically wondering what if any holes do i need to put in the jeep, or if the rack somehow attaches via the rails already in the jeep?

Any damage to jeep when you removed it?

thx!
Unread 02-09-2015, 10:25 AM   #3
BiLLyb0b
2014 WK 

this would block my bad *** panoramic sunroof!!!
BiLLyb0b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2015, 11:28 AM   #4
ubengineer
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Agreed about blocking the sunroof Plus I don't think I would ever drill into my new GC like that. (as it appears you have to especially for the ladder.)
Where did you run the power cord to for the lights?
ubengineer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2015, 05:38 PM   #5
vytec
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMHSLight View Post
Love the rack! Not interested in purchasing at this time, but a few questions should I purchase this or a similar on in the future:
1. Did you need to drill into the vehicle at all and if so, for what piece? How difficult was this to install?
2. How did you route wires for lights and where was switch installed?

Im basically wondering what if any holes do i need to put in the jeep, or if the rack somehow attaches via the rails already in the jeep?

Any damage to jeep when you removed it?

thx!
No holes needed other than how you install the switches. I drilled to small round holes in the console by the gearshift for the lights. One for forward and one for the back lights.

No drilling to run the wires from the rack to the console. I ran them along the passenger side window and frame and tucked them into the crevice and then covered the 2 wires up with black silicone. Couldn't tell they were there at all. When I removed everything, no marks on the roof or tailgate but of course there were the 2 switches in the console. I left those in there. Just disconnected the power to them.
Unread 02-09-2015, 05:41 PM   #6
vytec
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubengineer View Post
Agreed about blocking the sunroof Plus I don't think I would ever drill into my new GC like that. (as it appears you have to especially for the ladder.)
Where did you run the power cord to for the lights?
if you are selling this on here you may be better off putting it in the classified section of the forum.
No drilling required for the ladder. It slips over the top of the tailgate with a bracket and you install a piece of metal with double sided sticky tape and you mount a lower bracket to the tailgate with set screws against that metal. So no damage to the vehicle at all. They make sure that your truck is protected from all points of contact. No rattles or shaking. Very solid. I would highly recommend them for anyone interested in adding one.

There is a open spot for the sunroof, the primary opening anyway. Yes the pano is covered in the back with the grate, but you can still see out unless of course you have stuff up there.
Unread 02-10-2015, 04:39 AM   #7
ubengineer
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Can you send pictures of where you ran the wires?
ubengineer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2015, 10:06 AM   #8
vytec
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubengineer View Post
Can you send pictures of where you ran the wires?
Sorry I can't. I traded my GC in back in November so I no longer have it and I didn't take any pics of the wires. You can tuck them under the strip of rubber/plastic ontop of the roof and then run them down the windshield and using a screwdriver or plastic puddy knife, you can press them into the side. Then just use some black silicone to seal them in there. I ran a bead from top to bottom and then smoothed it out like you would do if you caulked your tub. worked perfectly. You can run the wires into the engine bay through a small opening near the hinge area so no drilling needed. Then I found a wire harness going into the cab that I pulled two wires through for the switches.
Unread 02-11-2015, 02:40 AM   #9
ccie-ar
2014 WK 

Do you have any additional photos that aren't close up shots. I'd really like to see how this rack looks from a distance and out in the wild.
ccie-ar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2015, 12:09 PM   #10
vytec
2014 WK 

Here's some additional Pics of the rack on my Jeep from afar as requested.
img_0786.jpg   img_0797.jpg   img_0783.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.