Glove Box Removal WK2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Glove Box Removal WK2

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitLong Arm kits for all JK models from Clayton Off RoadFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-03-2014, 08:41 AM   #1
nubby105
2011 WK 

Glove Box Removal WK2

I removed the glove box to change the Cabin Filter. The cable that holds the glove box came undone from somewhere, but I don't know where the cable should be attached or how. (not the side that attaches to the glove box itself)
Thanks in advance

nubby105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2014, 09:17 AM   #2
97HMCS
2012 WK 

The cable would attach to the damper mechanism located behind the slot that is visible just below the filter. I have no idea how to reattach the cable to the damper.
97HMCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2014, 06:49 PM   #3
BobsWK2
2014 WK 

The damper mechanism is removeable. You will see to slots which the damper attaches to. Just slide the damper to the side and it pops off. Put the glove box door cable back on the damper and then reattach the damper.
Unread 04-04-2014, 10:04 AM   #4
97HMCS
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsWK2 View Post
The damper mechanism is removeable. You will see to slots which the damper attaches to. Just slide the damper to the side and it pops off. Put the glove box door cable back on the damper and then reattach the damper.
That's good information. Thanks for sharing.
97HMCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2014, 03:43 PM   #5
bocajrs
2012 WK 

I replaced the cabin filter on my wk2 without any issues - I found this site and YouTube helpful

http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/J...acement-Guide/
bocajrs is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.