Front Tow hooks for 2017 GC Laredo -help!!!! - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By insomniac2

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 02-15-2017, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
insomniac2

Front Tow hooks for 2017 GC Laredo -help!!!!

Hello from Detroit everyone! My name is Adam I am new to Jeep and a proud owner of 2017 JGC. It's a Laredo with wheel and radio package, nothing fancy but I really like it. I went to get one in black but ended up with white, I thought the black and white contrast looked beautiful. I am very new to Jeep so plz pardon my noobness.

I just had a couple of questions about this car I hope you guys can guide me in the right direction.

I have done quite a bit of research on installing front hooks on WK2 but I wanted to make sure if the same front tow kit #82212095 works for 2017 models?

And is there a way to take off these tow covers without taking off the bumper or the lower fascia? Or do they have to be cut out on this particular model?

Thanks in advance !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 02-15-2017, 03:28 PM
GPSBob
2015 WK 

You'll need to remove the lower fascia to get access to install the tow hooks, but it's not difficult. Instructions come with the tow hook kit, although the instructions aren't the best. I think there was a post on here some time ago with photos of the install. If your 2017 is like my 2015 Limited, the covers just pop out of the fascia.

Welcome to the forum! You can learn a lot by hanging around here.
post #3 of 13 Old 02-15-2017, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
insomniac2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPSBob View Post
You'll need to remove the lower fascia to get access to install the tow hooks, but it's not difficult. Instructions come with the tow hook kit, although the instructions aren't the best. I think there was a post on here some time ago with photos of the install. If your 2017 is like my 2015 Limited, the covers just pop out of the fascia.

Welcome to the forum! You can learn a lot by hanging around here.

Hey Thank you ! Yes that's what I wanted to check if the cover pop off on 2017 models, because it looks like it's attached to the lower fascia and needs to be cut out.

Btw do they pop outwards or inwards ? And can I take them off without removing the fascia ?

post #4 of 13 Old 02-15-2017, 05:34 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

If you haven't seen it, you may want to watch the video in post 30 of this thread:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/...17/index2.html

The MOPAR performance catalog says part number 82212095 fits 2011 to 2017.

The Summit is the only model that needs cutting.

Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
post #5 of 13 Old 02-15-2017, 06:12 PM
jim_in_PA
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
And the MY15-16 High Altitude which utilizes the Summit fascias.

2012 JGC Summit Hemi
2016 Subaru Outback Limited
2011 Subaru Outback Limited
post #6 of 13 Old 02-15-2017, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
insomniac2

Quote:
If you haven't seen it, you may want to watch the video in post 30 of this thread:

The MOPAR performance catalog says part number 82212095 fits 2011 to 2017.

Thanks for the link, seems like a fairly simple install except pulling the fascia off the bumper, that part looks tricky, im afraid to break the connectors.

Any recommended seller/website with a good price for the tow Hook kit?
post #7 of 13 Old 02-15-2017, 07:24 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Seems that a couple of the forum sponsors usually provide the best prices and service, especially if the are offering a forum deal. moparonlineparts.com and JeepsAreUs.com are two of them. These are probably heavy, so your local dealer may have near the same price when shipping charges are considered. They list for ~$220 but there have been some 15% off coupons floating around.

post #8 of 13 Old 02-16-2017, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
insomniac2

Quote:
Seems that a couple of the forum sponsors usually provide the best prices and service, especially if the are offering a forum deal. moparonlineparts.com and JeepsAreUs.com are two of them. These are probably heavy, so your local dealer may have near the same price when shipping charges are considered. They list for ~$220 but there have been some 15% off coupons floating around.

Thanks! I'll check with my local dealer.

Is there a regional section on this forum? I'd like to find someone local in Metro Detroit area who can help me with the install, I rather pay a fellow forum member if possible.
post #9 of 13 Old 02-16-2017, 10:26 AM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

There is a Michigan forum http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f325/ in the wheeling neighborhood.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f18/

post #10 of 13 Old 02-17-2017, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
insomniac2

Thanks Mod ColdCase, you've been v helpful !! Ordered the kit from Amazon, $200 shipped. None of the local dealers had it in stock, it was on back order everywhere.
post #11 of 13 Old 02-25-2017, 03:54 PM
kyoboof

Garage
if you need help with the lower fascia, check out my video. I cover most of the install.

post #12 of 13 Old 02-25-2017, 05:37 PM
rjchez
2011 WK 

Did you get them installed yet? Post a pic when you're done as I'm interested to see how it came out.

I know you already bought them, but Rocky Road Outfitters has tow hooks as well. I was looking at purchasing some of those.

First Jeep: '98 Wrangler - TJ
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee - WK2
post #13 of 13 Old 03-25-2017, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
insomniac2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjchez View Post
Did you get them installed yet? Post a pic when you're done as I'm interested to see how it came out.

I know you already bought them, but Rocky Road Outfitters has tow hooks as well. I was looking at purchasing some of those.

Sorry for the delay, I was finally able to get the hooks installed with the help of a fellow forum member( Troy) such a great guy, everything went pretty smooth until we found out that the tow hook covers do not pop off in 2017 model, we had to cut the holes in the lower fascia for the hooks.

Thanks for all the help guys, its little over a month and I am loving it. Here is the latest picture:

brutusjeep likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.