To front license or not to front license, that is the question - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > To front license or not to front license, that is the question

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 03-09-2012, 07:56 AM   #16
Hookem_Overland
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
Not putting a front plate on a Jeep because of a style thing is probably not going to go over as well
+1, It's a Jeep, it looks fine with a front plate.

Unread 03-09-2012, 08:08 AM   #17
Nonaspirin
2012 WK 

What about paying a tint shop to make a photo replica of your front plate on 3m film and attach it to your front bumper?

Could satisfy all issues
Nonaspirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #18
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonaspirin
What about paying a tint shop to make a photo replica of your front plate on 3m film and attach it to your front bumper?

Could satisfy all issues
I imagine that could be consider forgery, depending on the state, or whatever law there is about copying an official government document. Same issue if you were to photo copy your DL and carry that with you. It would also have to be reflective. Intriguing.

'12 Laredo V6 ORA1|Terra Grappler 265-70-17|MB TKO 17x8.5|Silverstar Ultra low beams|Mopar Front and Rear WK2 slush mats|RRO 2.5" lift
BWoody extended sway bar links|K&N 77 Series Intake|Gibson Exhaust | Viair OBA | RRO Combo Winch mount| Q9000S winch| KC ProSport HID Hilites

Items for sale. See my thread for pictures. PM for details.

K&N 77 series cold air intake

Cobra 75 CB radio
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #19
TNJeeeper
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Tj

No such laws like that here in TN.
TNJeeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 09:59 AM   #20
alan93
2011 WK 

Ohio = yes law, but..
I didn't have one on my old ZJ because it came from Indiana. Never put one on and never got hassled. Never got a ticket it in either.

Debating leaving it off my new one.

Anybody in Ohio have a bad experience with NFP?
alan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #21
2MchFun
2011 WK 

Required in VA. I've never had one on my other car and have been pulled over for other reasons and the LEO mentioned it, but did not give me a ticket for that. I do have one on my GC.
Unread 03-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #22
Bedwell
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Just check your local law but its just a front license plate on a jeep (not a big deal in my opinion) and not a high end sports car. My buddy in his tacoma had his in his windshield for about a year displayed due to a new front bumper he put on, cost him around $90 bucks cause he didnt want to put it back on the bumper.
Bedwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 10:46 AM   #23
fang_x
1998 TJ Wrangler 

If its the law, it has ot be followed, any good officer will know this. Lukily here we are only required to have the rear plates. But if it was mandatory id slap it on just to get them off my back.

Hell on my Tj, i kept the plate real low on the back bumper, i even used a hammer to bend the province's slogan underneath the bumper, to minimize the size of the plate. They never gave me problems. It how ever did cause a problem when i went offroading, i found my plate all mangled at the end lol.
fang_x is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.