Front licence plate holder - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Front licence plate holder

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 03-19-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
bilbo_28
2014 WK 

Front licence plate holder

This is a more general question than 2014 specific.....

I bought my 2014 in PA where they don't have front licence plates, but live in NJ where they do.

As this is my first ever new car purchase, can anyone who comes from a front plate state tell me if the holder was on the jeep when they bought it or if it was packaged in the car somewhere?

Just want to make sure the dealer is not pocketing them before I order one (not that I can find them on the web anywhere at the moment!)

Thanks.

bilbo_28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #2
bdesmp
2011 WK 

My front license was screwed into the bumper when I picked it up. I looked at my build sheet and I should have been provided a bracket. I showed this to the dealer and he got one ordered in and put on.

Look for "MDAS Front License Plate Bracket" on your build sheet.
bdesmp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #3
bilbo_28
2014 WK 

Thanks - I'll check the build sheet when I get home.
Unread 03-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #4
jacko15
2014 WK 

Most cars ship from the factory with the front plate holder in a bag. In states where no front plate is required, buyers usually don't want the holes drilled in their front bumper for the plate. I'm letting my dealer know that drilling holes in my front bumper will make me very unhappy, just before my new JGC is to be delivered. I've had this happen before, with the dealer putting their dealer ad plate in it. I was not a happy camper! Just let your dealer know you will need it, as you are in NJ. I'm sure he'll have one for you.
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 07:04 PM   #5
MrSpeed
2012 WK 

Front plates are required in Texas and the bracket was mounted on my factory ordered JGCO when I picked it up.
MrSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #6
jim_in_PA
2012 WK 

Well, I'm sorry I threw out the one that (unfortunately) was on my Jeep at delivery (it came from Long Island in a dealer trade) or I would have gladly just given it to you. But jacko15is correct, it should have come with your vehicle. Contact the dealer you purchased from and ask them for it. You should be able to get it for no charge. In the mean time, I've had to deal with creating some plugs for the darn holes in my bumper...
Unread 03-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #7
C0mbatChris
2011 WK 

Look under the spare tire. That's where mine was.
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][CENTER][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Upgraded to 430N RHB MyGig }{ 3.6L V6 Laredo X }{ Off-Road Adventure I }{ Trail Rated }{ QTII }{ Selec-Terrain }{ OEM Skid Plate Group }{ Flex Fuel[/FONT][/CENTER][/COLOR]
C0mbatChris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 08:24 AM   #8
bilbo_28
2014 WK 

Well I called the dealer yesterday afternoon to find out the cost of a new one and they are on back order, but the parts guy said "let me check somewhere else.... oh yes, I can get one, it's $26 and change." Then I called my salesman, who said... "Oh you need a front plate holder, yeah we have those, come in anytime and I'll give you one".

So I guess I was right, they take them out of the cars as they are not needed in PA and sell them to anyone who needs one.
Unread 10-20-2014, 01:04 PM   #9
JonUSN

I just got '12 GC Overland that I purchased in the god forsaken state of Mississippi, but i'm a WA state resident and am trying to find the OEM front bracket, when i was at my local dealer he looked it up by VIN and said all it listed was the correct bolts to stick through the bumper, but not a bracket.

...now i know there is an OEM bracket available, why his database was not showing it was beyond me,

I'm thinking its part # 68102165AA
JonUSN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2014, 01:31 PM   #10
JeepGC73
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0mbatChris View Post
Look under the spare tire. That's where mine was.
Mine as well.
Unread 10-20-2014, 01:34 PM   #11
Shub45

MY 14 was listed under accessories not parts. Took the dealer a while to realize that.
Shub45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.