I actually got the parts about two months ago and once I started it still took a month to get the installation finished but I'm very happy with the results.
- Very sturdy and high quality construction
- They look great on the vehicle
- The installation was a pain until I ignored the instructions
- The rails stick out a bit further than I expected so my leg pushes against it as I'm getting in.
I found out that prepping for the installation was VERY important. When I was prepping the nuts and bolts I found three nuts that had welding flash on them (see the pic). Filing that off up front was far better than finding it in the middle of the installation. The rear (inside) bolts also thread into nuts welded to the rail. I found that those threads were pretty rough and getting the bolts in and out once cleaned them up nicely.
For the installation itself everything was pretty much on track until I tried to bolt the front (outside) of the rail to the body. The instructions say to bolt the back of the rail on BEFORE the front. There was NO WAY that the front could be attached when following those instructions. The picture with my hand in it shows that the outside top of the rail was at least an inch away from the body and nowhere close to slipping over the very short bolts.
I took the rail down and walked away from it. For quite a while. But that was mostly due to other responsibilities getting in the way.
Finally I came back to the install and this time I put the front on first. The bolts snapped right into place and the front installation worked perfectly. Getting the nuts on the short bolts was very easy. Moving to the back (inside) of the rail I had to use my floor jack to push the rail up to where the bolt holes lined up but that was just awkward, not impossible.
So I bolted everything up with plenty of threadlocker and I'm done! I still need to spray some flat black paint over the scuffed nuts but that doesn't count
Next is the winch mount!! That may take me some time to build up to