Extended Warrenty - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Extended Warrenty

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! April Instant Rebate: Up to $75 off Flowmaster Products!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-06-2015, 11:02 AM   #1
matthewh

Extended Warrenty

Saw this.

http://www.chrysler.com/en/service_c.../new_vehicles/

Does it cover any problems with the sunroof such as leaks and damaged headliner etc?

About how much does it cost? Can I transfer when I sell the Jeep?

matthewh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2015, 11:08 AM   #2
DavidsCyclops
Jeepaholic

2014 WK 

Lifetime is only transferable if bought in NC or FL.

Sunroof leaks should be covered, but not sure about headliner.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/.../#post28846857
WK RADIATOR FOR SALE - NIB
ALL ITEMS FOR SALE
DavidsCyclops is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2015, 11:29 AM   #3
matthewh

I really do not want lifetime plan, likely will not have vehicle long enough. Was thinking something like 7/100K plan. Is that transferable? About how much is it?
matthewh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2015, 11:31 AM   #4
14summithemi
Web Wheeler
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh View Post
Saw this.

http://www.chrysler.com/en/service_c.../new_vehicles/

Does it cover any problems with the sunroof such as leaks and damaged headliner etc?

About how much does it cost? Can I transfer when I sell the Jeep?
Keep in mind that the factory 3 yr/36k is in first position and the extended "service" (not warranty) contract takes over when it expires.

So, the sunroof leak (and resulting headliner damage if any) would be covered under the factory 3/36 but NOT the extended service contract. Sunroof motor is covered under both.

This is the language from my Maxcare Lifetime Unlimited MVP Extended Service Contract:

COMPONENTS COVERED BY THE PLAN INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):

...LUXURY GROUP: Keyless Entry Sensors and Receiver/Module; Trip Computer; Message Center; Overhead Electronic Vehicle Information Center; Overhead Electronic Compass/Temperature; Power Sunroof Motor; Convertible Top Motor; Electric Mirror Motor and Controls; Cruise Control Servo; Headlight Door Motor; Concealed Headlamp Module; Park Assist Module; Park Assist Sensors; Back Up Assist Camera; Door Latches; Heated Seat Systems; Factory Installed Remote Start System; Heated Steering Wheel; In-Vehicle Wireless Charging Station; USB Outlets; 120V Outlets.
NOTE: REMOTE TRANSMITTERS ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY TIME....

THE PLAN WILL NOT COVER, OR APPLY TO LOSS OR EXPENSE RESULTING FROM:

...• Exterior - tires; body sheet metal; glass; plastic lenses; paint; bright metal; bumpers; side-view mirrors (glass/housing); wheel covers; steel wheels; aluminum wheels; rusted or frozen rims; weather strips; rust; water leaks; restricted drain tubes; wind noises; all outer body panels; spoilers; plastic and fiberglass body parts; vinyl tops; convertible top fabric; repairs or damage caused by environmental factors such as acid rain, tree sap, salt or ocean spray;
• Interior - trim; carpet; upholstery; dash pad; door and window handles; knobs; buttons; moldings; arm rests and head liner; cargo cover;...
14summithemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2015, 01:13 PM   #5
DavidsCyclops
Jeepaholic

2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh View Post
I really do not want lifetime plan, likely will not have vehicle long enough. Was thinking something like 7/100K plan. Is that transferable? About how much is it?
Call Ray and he will give you a quote, it was the cheapest around that I found.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/.../#post28846857
WK RADIATOR FOR SALE - NIB
ALL ITEMS FOR SALE
DavidsCyclops is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2015, 08:58 PM   #6
rmcalis
2011 WK 

I recently traded in my '11 Overland that had a Chrysler MaxCare policy. Called the Chrysler people, they said I had the option to cancel the policy and get a pro-rated refund or transfer it to the new owner for a $50 fee. I cancelled and am receiving a check.
rmcalis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2015, 08:28 AM   #7
Sondra3
2014 WK 

On the subject of free rental cars with the Lifetime warranty:

I was recently told by a Chrysler/Jeep service adviser that the Chrysler extended (Lifetime) warranty does not provide free rental cars for a vehicle once it reaches 100,000 miles on it. Even with the Lifetime warranty. Is this accurate? I was wondering if this reflects a recent revision to the lifetime policy.
Unread 04-09-2015, 08:39 AM   #8
14summithemi
Web Wheeler
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sondra3 View Post
On the subject of free rental cars with the Lifetime warranty:

I was recently told by a Chrysler/Jeep service adviser that the Chrysler extended (Lifetime) warranty does not provide free rental cars for a vehicle once it reaches 100,000 miles on it. Even with the Lifetime warranty. Is this accurate? I was wondering if this reflects a recent revision to the lifetime policy.
Can't speak to it having just changed but my policy issued 11/13 says 7yr/100k from original in service date.
14summithemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.