Extended warranty question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Extended warranty question

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 05-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
boyvan
2012 WK 

Question Extended warranty question

When buying an extended warranty just curious to know if the rates change depending on things that were previously fixed on your GC? I called one local dealership and they asked for my VIN # before they could give me a quote.

I am thinking this must be true to a certain degree based on my conversation with this guy on the other end of the phone. He said that he is unable to give me a rough estimate without entering VIN # in their system.

Unread 05-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #2
eibyer

I bought online (email communication first) and didn't provide my VIN until we had agreed on price. Not sure how it works in CA though.
eibyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 11:39 AM   #3
boyvan
2012 WK 

He probably was trying to tie me down somehow then. Unless warranty is treated differently in Canada.
Unread 05-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #4
bilbo_28
2014 WK 

A lot of dealers are now asking for the VIN# to verify the actual vehicle you have rather than have someone give that they think is the correct information. I am sure the warranty varies depending on the trim level you have, so they might just be making sure you have the correct price.
bilbo_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #5
jacko15
2014 WK 

I have a Max Care Lifetime warranty. When I was shopping for a price sellers wouldn't give me a firm quote unless I gave them a vin. They would give me a figure without it, but said they needed a vin to be sure of exact model and options for a firm, binding quote.
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 05:05 PM   #6
TAWS600

Got quotes but ultimately needed to provide my vin for exact quote and obviously the paperwork.
TAWS600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #7
bdesmp
2011 WK 

I got an extended warranty from a Canadian dealer - I didn't have to give my VIN # and they gave me the costs on various packages for my type of vehicle.
bdesmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 09:50 PM   #8
boyvan
2012 WK 

My apologies about reviving this old thread but couldn't find answers to the Canadian Extended warranty.

I was quoted $4,100 on Plan Code # 418 – 5 Years or 160,000 KMs. This is on the Manufacturer’s Warranty.

Can you please let me know how much were you able to get it for? I was hoping to get Max Care or lifetime (similar to US) but I don't think we have anything like that unless you pay over $5,000.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.