Extended Warranty - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 04-14-2016, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
GDPirie
2015 WK 

Extended Warranty

I have a new 2015 Grand Cherokee Summit 4WD with a diesel engine. It is now 2 months old with 1050 miles. I checked with my local dealer in Puyallup, WA on the price of an 8 year 120,000 mile extended warranty. They quoted me a Waa Gold 8 year 125,000 miles, $100 deductible for $5891.00 I talked to a Ziegler rep and she said $2220.00 for 8 year 120,000 mile, $100 deductible. Both of these are supposed to be Mopar warranties and Ziegler's is the Maxcare warranty. The local dealers quote just says Waa Gold, but they assure me it is a Mopar warranty. I really can't believe there can be such a huge price difference for what is supposedly the same product. Has anyone else experienced this wide variation in extended warranty price quotes or am I dealing with two different warranties.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-14-2016, 07:38 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

On zeiglers web page ( http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com ) it will show you the MSRP and discount. Sometimes when you show the page to the local dealer they match the price. The MSRP is 3320 which is discounted to 2220.

You can get more info on all the plans Jeep offers here: http://www.jeep.com/en/service_contracts/maximum_care/

The Gold plan sounds like something sold in Canada thats equivalent to maxicare. Doesn't sound like a US Jeep/MOPAR plan.

Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
post #3 of 3 Old 04-14-2016, 09:38 PM
dhasselbacher
2015 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDPirie View Post
I have a new 2015 Grand Cherokee Summit 4WD with a diesel engine. It is now 2 months old with 1050 miles. I checked with my local dealer in Puyallup, WA on the price of an 8 year 120,000 mile extended warranty. They quoted me a Waa Gold 8 year 125,000 miles, $100 deductible for $5891.00 I talked to a Ziegler rep and she said $2220.00 for 8 year 120,000 mile, $100 deductible. Both of these are supposed to be Mopar warranties and Ziegler's is the Maxcare warranty. The local dealers quote just says Waa Gold, but they assure me it is a Mopar warranty. I really can't believe there can be such a huge price difference for what is supposedly the same product. Has anyone else experienced this wide variation in extended warranty price quotes or am I dealing with two different warranties.
Looks like "Waa Gold" is an aftermarket contract to me and I'd run like heck from any aftermarket contracts that aren't Mopar. The local dealers are always higher and that's why it pays to check with Ziegler and Zeller Motors too. Both will quote prices way lower than local dealers and both are authorized to sell Mopar contracts in all 50 states.

I just bought MaxCare lifetime along with the 7 year road hazard from Clay Robbins at Zeller Motors for my 2015 Summit V6. The contracts both showed up in My Mopar online account the next day and I received the hard docs in the mail in just over a week. I won't tell you exactly what I paid but my lifetime price was pretty close to what you have from Ziegler on the 8 year plan.

2015 Summit V6 in Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearlcoat/Black Interior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.