Exhaust options - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Exhaust options

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 11-30-2010, 09:48 PM   #1
chrisbradley_20
2011 WK 

Exhaust options

Just have a few questions about the new GC's. Ive noticed that full catback systems are a little on the expensive side (at least in my book anyway). I was wondering if you can just put new mufflers on the GC's or is the way the exhaust is ran prevent that option. I've always had trucks before and just cut the factory mufflers off and put a flowmaster in their place. I don't want anything ridiculous lout b/c I bought it for the wife but I would like to be able to hear it when i use the remote start. As a side note, I really don't see how Jeep was able to quiet these hemis down so much anyway. They are much quieter than the stock rams

Thanks for any suggestions.

chrisbradley_20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2010, 10:45 PM   #2
SPL170db

YouTube - 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Magnaflow Dual Exhaust 16929

YouTube - CORSA Performance: 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 PN 14457
SPL170db is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2010, 12:17 AM   #3
Eurosport

you can always go with custom exhaust, or just spring for a catback system.
i like a system because there's minimal cuts and welding points, and tips that look like they belong on the vehicle...
Eurosport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #4
illuzions
2011 WK 

that corsa sounds sick...
Unread 01-12-2011, 06:55 AM   #5
mrpositraction

Check performancepeddler(dot)com for your exhaust. The Magnaflow MSRP's at like $1200 but this website sells them for like $850. I have bought my last 3 exhausts from them, excellent communication and excellent service.
Unread 01-12-2011, 07:00 PM   #6
getoutandplay
2011 WK 

I am not 100% sure but if you have, or plan on adding, skid plates I do not think that aftermarket exhausts will fit.
getoutandplay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2011, 08:41 PM   #7
jmcdonal
2011 WK 

Don't go with the Magnaflow Cat Back. I did and I hate it. Not loud at all and a horrible drone and highway speeds. Borla's should be out this month, wait for that.
jmcdonal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2011, 11:06 AM   #8
anagabrielag
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcdonal View Post
Don't go with the Magnaflow Cat Back. I did and I hate it. Not loud at all and a horrible drone and highway speeds. Borla's should be out this month, wait for that.
The Borla is going to be the best option for me but I'm still not sure!

Do you guys know if Mopar will come out with an exhaust soon?
anagabrielag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2011, 02:34 PM   #9
Rook247
2011 WK 

I wonder if the hemi being so quite has anything to do with the 30 less horspower it has less then the same engine in the other vehicles like the ram. Id rather have 30 horsepower then an engine i cant hear haha
Unread 02-23-2011, 11:16 AM   #10
srt8bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcdonal View Post
chances are- your going to get a drone with any aftermarket setup due to the MDS (when your hemi goes to 4 cylinders). Unless you get a tune (like Diablo when it comes out) that cancels MDS.
srt8bmw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #11
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt8bmw View Post
chances are- your going to get a drone with any aftermarket setup due to the MDS (when your hemi goes to 4 cylinders). Unless you get a tune (like Diablo when it comes out) that cancels MDS.
Or you can change to a heavier weight oil which will provided better protection for the motor, and cancel out the MDS on its own
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2011, 04:35 PM   #12
birds1969
2007 JK Wrangler 

Has anyone purchased the Borla Exhaust for the 5.7 yet? If so what are your reviews on it and how does it sound from inside? Is it to loud or is it manageable??
Unread 03-31-2011, 04:26 PM   #13
77rednecktruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Or you can change to a heavier weight oil which will provided better protection for the motor, and cancel out the MDS on its own
or run around in tow/haul mode, or move the shifter to the left and drive in "5" all the time.

I haven't even crawled under to look at the exhaust yet, is it 2 separate mufflers or 1 big one like some cars?

I would like to hear our exhaust with the mufflers removed but the resonators still in place. I wonder if it would be loud enough and still not have the drone???
77rednecktruck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2011, 05:14 PM   #14
silver04
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Yep, just put some gear oil in there .
silver04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2011, 05:26 PM   #15
2011Hemi
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77rednecktruck View Post
or run around in tow/haul mode, or move the shifter to the left and drive in "5" all the time.

I haven't even crawled under to look at the exhaust yet, is it 2 separate mufflers or 1 big one like some cars?

I would like to hear our exhaust with the mufflers removed but the resonators still in place. I wonder if it would be loud enough and still not have the drone???
Two resonators > one two camber cat. < two mufflers at the tail.

One muffler can be unbolted at the muffler, the other one is welded to the pipe going to the cat.
2011Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.