Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Engine Noise 5.7L

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Robert_B 
#1 ·
I picked up a used 2014 Summit about a month ago. I have a slight knocking sound coming from underneath the car. I brought it to the dealer today and the first said they could not hear anything wrong and then they said they where looking into the noise. Well 7 hours later the said the noise was normal for the car which I find hard to believe but they replaced the water pump and thermostat because the said they found it making abnormal noise.

Please listen to the video and let me know what you think!

#4 ·
Hard to tell. I hear some wind noise. A trick I learned in mechanic school is to take a really long screw driver and I mean a really long one and touch it to say the engine block and put your ear on the handle and you can hear where the sound is coming from. It sounds weird but it does work. Its hard to judge what the sound is from a video because of the other noises that may or may not be from the jeep.

#5 ·
I hear the knock, but not sure if its normal. At first glance I thought it may be exhaust related, but now I'm not so sure. I'll have to get under mine and take a listen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.