Engine light on, ECO sign no longer displays - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Engine light on, ECO sign no longer displays

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 02-24-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
nyrhockey23

Engine light on, ECO sign no longer displays

Had that happen on the way home last night. I think (and hope) it's because the oil change is due? had never seen this before.

nyrhockey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 11:14 PM   #2
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

The check engine light does not come on when the oil change is due. You will get a text notice in the EVIC display area.

Could be something as simple as a loose gas cap, but can't tell without the fault code. You need to swing by an auto parts store and have them read the code, buy or borrow a ODB reader, or swing by the dealer.
Unread 12-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #3
2cobras

I have a 2013 Hemi with 14,000 miles on it and I am having the same issue.
I heard my check engine light come on last night & noticed the ECO sign no longer displays.
Any word on what the problem was with yours?
Jeff
2cobras is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #4
OverlandSummitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cobras View Post
I have a 2013 Hemi with 14,000 miles on it and I am having the same issue.
I heard my check engine light come on last night & noticed the ECO sign no longer displays.
Any word on what the problem was with yours?
Jeff
There is an option in the Setup menu that can deactivate the ECO symbol from being displayed. Check that out first.
OverlandSummitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #5
2cobras

Thanks, I will check it out but I never turned it off. It went off when the check engine light came on & the gas mileage has dropped.
Unread 12-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #6
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

What is the error code that is setting the check engine light? I'm not surprised that something wrong in the engine disables ECO mode, the check enging indicator means something is wrong..... unless I'm miss-reading the question.... .
Unread 12-11-2013, 06:54 AM   #7
2kg4u
2014 WK 

If your check engine light is on you need to have the vehicle scanned to see what the problem is. Any other symptoms you are experiencing are secondary, and quite possibly caused by the condition that is setting the CEL. I am new to Chrylser products and not sure what the onboard diagnostice capabilities are. I thought you could read DTC's (diagnositic trouble codes) yourself without a scanner, but if that is not the case take your vehicle to Autozone. They will scan if for free. Post the DTC's and there are all sorts of people on the forum that can tell you if they are critical or not, and suggest possible fixes.
2kg4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #8
steveinaz
2011 WK 

Try re-tightening the gas cap first, but it takes a few days to extinguish the check engine light---speaking from personal experience 1 week ago.
Tow package
steveinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 08:48 AM   #9
nyrhockey23

This was due to the cylinder head issue that's not uncommon to '12 JGC's. Had it fixed, then reappeared a few days later and had it replaced. Been fine since.
nyrhockey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #10
WvTaco
2011 WK 

i had a air leak in the filler neck its self, on my only c/e light.

but c/e light = no eco light.

for reference your oil change at 6 months on mine( 11 v6) will not display, but at the mileage it will tell you this with a chime.( i usually hit time before mileage )
WvTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #11
2cobras

Well I dropped it off at the dealer this morning and I am waiting for a call to let me know the status.
I hope it isn't anything major.
Unread 12-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #12
2cobras

Well I just picked up my Jeep and they couldn't find anything wrong, they think it was just a glitch.
They reprogramed the PCM and A/C control module per TSB's.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.