Electric fan noise help!!!!!!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Electric fan noise help!!!!!!!!!

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 07-26-2014, 10:39 PM   #1
jmc2995

Electric fan noise help!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, uk the electric fan that comes on when you have ac on & to cool the radiator? That loud fan sound you hear from the front of the car? Well at different times recently and more than usual(summer just started) ill hear that fan going hard at full speed while just cruising. Ive noticed this with the a/c both on and off. Ive had this car for alittle over a year now and havent really used the a/c since last summer. This sound id very recent & im not sure if something is wrong or if i just havent heard the fan in so long im not used to it. Thanks everyone!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

jmc2995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2014, 12:18 AM   #2
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Perhaps a fan blade is damaged, and now you hear it more?
Unread 07-27-2014, 01:44 AM   #3
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Wifey complains of the same thing. It IS a very loud fan at full speed. Nothing to worry about and it does shut off when it's ready.

Quote from a friend:
"How many jeeps do you actually want?
That however was a silly question because we already know the answer is all of them!"
gazzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2014, 04:53 AM   #4
smljeep
2014 WK 

I don't hear anything...
What engine do you have?

Building high performance custom homes at Smith Mt. lake, VA!
www.PDandM.com
smljeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2014, 08:22 AM   #5
jmc2995

I have the hemi & it just worried me alittle because ive had 2 other cars with the hemi & this fan sound i just started noticing while driving so i was wondering if something possibly broke & now the fan is working harder at different times

Unread 07-28-2014, 10:49 AM   #6
jmc2995

Not sure its just always on which also worries me, when i have the a/c on lowest setting & am cruising at 60 in cruise control i hear that fan working away so hard lol

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.