Ecodiesel Block Heater - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Ecodiesel Block Heater

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough**Flash Weekend Sale** Rockridge4wd.com Only!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 02-15-2015, 01:48 PM   #1
meoge
2008 WK 

Ecodiesel Block Heater

I just installed the block heater cable on my 2014 Ecodiesel yesterday. I had it plugged in all night last night. When I started it the temperature was -8 and the oil temperature was 14.

I fear that I may not have gotten the cord plugged all the way in. Is this a normal temperature for having it plugged in all night?

Also, I could not for the life of me find a write up on how to install the cord. Would anyone be interested in me trying to get some pictures and type it up?

meoge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2015, 02:00 PM   #2
2014RedHemiGC
2014 WK 

I have it on my V8. When plugged in overnight the oil temp is around 80F and coolant a little over 100F.
2014RedHemiGC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2015, 03:16 PM   #3
meoge
2008 WK 

That's closer to what I expected it to be. Could that be caused by not having plugged in all the way? It feels like it is plugged all the way in but since I cant actually see it I'm a little paranoid. I would think it would either work or it wouldn't.
Unread 02-16-2015, 01:07 AM   #4
meoge
2008 WK 

I also found my tester and found that at the wall outlet it's only drawing 407 watts. At 110v that is only 3.7 amps where it should be closer to 6, is that correct?
Unread 02-16-2015, 09:03 AM   #5
diverb
2014 WK 

Lots of pictures and info here

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/...ation-1815426/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.