Easter Eggs - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Easter Eggs

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 10-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #121
BobsWK2
2014 WK 

I noticed when using ACC, if you are following a vehicle that slows down and use the left turn signal to pass it, the ACC accelerates the vehicle automatically. I just now noticed it states this in the OM.

BobsWK2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2012, 08:11 PM   #122
jonrissman
2012 WK 

Manual shift

Sometimes when I accelerate after a rolling stop, or a quick turn the Grand Cherokee kind of bogs down like it didn't shift down far enough. I just "tap" the shift lever to left twice (first tap takes it out of drive, the second tap shifts the tranny down a gear). BOOM! It's like hitting the nitro switch. I'm out-a-there! Keep my eye on the RPM's and tap the shift lever right to manually shift up and eventually back to drive. I love it!
jonrissman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2012, 04:26 PM   #123
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Not really an Easter Egg. That is an inherent function of a manual gear shifter.

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #124
GreekGhost
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJoshxx View Post
You can Add the Automatic Climate control to any Laredo that already has automatic headlights.

It's Plug and PLAY!!!
How do you go about doing this?
GreekGhost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #125
C0mbatChris
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJoshxx View Post
You can Add the Automatic Climate control to any Laredo that already has automatic headlights.

It's Plug and PLAY!!!
By auto headlights do you mean DLR's?
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][CENTER][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Upgraded to 430N RHB MyGig }{ 3.6L V6 Laredo X }{ Off-Road Adventure I }{ Trail Rated }{ QTII }{ Selec-Terrain }{ OEM Skid Plate Group }{ Flex Fuel[/FONT][/CENTER][/COLOR]
C0mbatChris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #126
yellj

In the 2013s no tissue box in console and the remote window roll down does not work. In the Overland, no room in compartment under driver seat.
04 Unlimited RE SF 4.5", 1" MORE BL and MML, ARB Bull Bar, AR23 15x8, 35x12.5 MTRs, Jeep Medic Engine and T/F Skid, Shrockworks Rockers, Warn 9.5ti, AA SYE, ARBs, 4.88s and Alloy USA Shafts, HPD30 w JJs 1967 M416

www.midatlanticjeepers.com
yellj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2012, 12:59 AM   #127
BobsWK2
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellj View Post
In the 2013s no tissue box in console and the remote window roll down does not work. In the Overland, no room in compartment under driver seat.
Remote window rolldown also disabled for the 2012's.
Unread 10-14-2012, 03:57 PM   #128
C0mbatChris
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGhost View Post
How do you go about doing this?
Here is the write up Add Auto HVAC
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][CENTER][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Upgraded to 430N RHB MyGig }{ 3.6L V6 Laredo X }{ Off-Road Adventure I }{ Trail Rated }{ QTII }{ Selec-Terrain }{ OEM Skid Plate Group }{ Flex Fuel[/FONT][/CENTER][/COLOR]
C0mbatChris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #129
AZAltitude12
2012 WK 

I found that my temperature readout remembers the temperature it was when you last shut the car off. So if you drive to work in the morning and it is 60 degrees it will still say 60 when you start the Jeep at lunch. Then it goes up to the current Temp. over the next few Min. Kind of cool actually. Anyone else notice this?
AZAltitude12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2012, 07:18 PM   #130
Webb
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justal13 View Post
Thought we should start posting photos of the Easter Eggs, so it is easier to visualize what they are and how they work. I will start with (2) that seen to come into question:

* Small compartment in the lid of the armrest. It is a kleenex dispenser. You can get the small plastic-wrapped packages at Target, Walmart, Walgreens, etc. You open the "slit" in one side of the package to allow for dispensing, and then insert it into the compartment. You will have to squeeze the package in there, you cannot hurt it. Do the bottom 1st, then the top - now "smooth" everything out and - volia - handy kleenex dispensing.

* Hidden compartment under the driver's seat. Some people question how to access it, other say they have components mounted on the lid or inside the compartment. I have a Laredo X with Q1. There is nothing mounted on the lid or inside the compartment. To access, motor the driver's seat all the way forward, pull back your left rear seat floor mat, grab the "rounded" rear edge/handle on the cover and lift up. There are two plastic tabs that will "snap" open and closed. After the rear edge is pulled up, the front edge will "snap" open or use it like a hinge. In my photo, I left the seat in my normal driving position, so motored all the way forward the lid will open even further. I can reach in and place items just fine without moving the lid. The compartment is plastic-lined.
So just squeeze in there ? I don't get it,how do we put the Kleenex box in there ? What size is it ?

Thanks
Unread 10-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #131
2MchFun
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
So just squeeze in there ? I don't get it,how do we put the Kleenex box in there ? What size is it ?

Thanks
Not a "box" - just one of those little travel-sized packages with a plastic bag as a container.
Unread 11-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #132
padgett
2012 WK 

With the rear seats folded forward, you can lift the hinged cover behind them and there is quite a bit of small or soft storage behind the seats and under the rear floor. In fact it looks fairly easy to remove the whole plastic carpeted "load floor" and spare tire compartment. (If you need height for a Great Dane or a spare Hemi).

One of these is a turbo diesel.
Unread 11-06-2012, 05:59 PM   #133
BobsWK2
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by padgett View Post
With the rear seats folded forward, you can lift the hinged cover behind them and there is quite a bit of small or soft storage behind the seats and under the rear floor. In fact it looks fairly easy to remove the whole plastic carpeted "load floor" and spare tire compartment. (If you need height for a Great Dane or a spare Hemi).]
In my Overland V8, there is a tank mounted there for the air suspension.
Unread 11-07-2012, 10:55 PM   #134
jd31

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but today I learned that if you're running low on gas, the remote start won't work. At first I thought something was wrong...turned out I was running on empty. Nice feature so you don't inadvertently run out of gas trying to warm up your car.
jd31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2012, 03:06 AM   #135
PDX-TJ

I can't believe nobody has mentioned these yet...

Open up the center console all the way (so you can see the deep portion). There is a little notch out of lip of the storage area, on the passenger side. When the lid is closed, this notch leaves a small opening into the otherwise sealed storage area. I couldn't figure out why Jeep left this small hole there. Then it occurred to me... it's about he same diameter as a coiled up phone charger cord. So now my iPhone charger is always connected to the 12v jack inside and dangling from this hole. When I need some juice, I just reach over to grab the cord (usually hanging between the center console and the passenger seat) and plug it in. No fumbling with cords to plug them in, etc.

Here's another one. The first time I turned on my brights, I noticed a message that said, "Auto High Beams On." My first thought was, "Does that mean what I think it means?" Sure enough, the first car that came along and the Jeep automatically switched them off. When the car had passed, the high beams went right back on. AMAZING!!

Sometimes it's the little things that make you appreciate a vehicle. These two features, plus the "favorites" settings in my 730N radio, are my favorite Easter Eggs.
ORA2
PDX-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.