Easter Eggs - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Easter Eggs

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #106
Fellows
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2002ti

maybe but then it would behind one of two rear wheels like in BMWs. Didnt Cjs or befre have batteries under the seat.

In an E30 BMw the battery was in the trunk for weight balance
Weight and balance from car to car can be different and require different battery placement although on an SUV this size, it's probably due to running out if space in the engine bay and not wanting to take up trunk space. Plus it keeps cooler and last longer if it's not getting cooked by the engine. I'm still curious of how you're supposed to replace it when your power seat doesn't work with a dead battery.

Fellows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 06:01 PM   #107
BobsWK2
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellows View Post
Weight and balance from car to car can be different and require different battery placement although on an SUV this size, it's probably due to running out if space in the engine bay and not wanting to take up trunk space. Plus it keeps cooler and last longer if it's not getting cooked by the engine. I'm still curious of how you're supposed to replace it when your power seat doesn't work with a dead battery.
Simple. Just pop the hood and attach a battery charger or jumper leads from another vehicle to the 2 posts under there. That is why the 2 posts are under the hood. And yes, if the vehicle is locked, you would have to pop the actual key out of the FOB to unlock the door.
BobsWK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #108
JeepJeep2012
2012 WK 

There is some great stuff in the Easter Eggs post!
JeepJeep2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 10:39 PM   #109
AZAltitude12
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Super Sexy Electric Speedo: If you have the 430N (might work with the other nav radio), if you touch the box that displays your speed (when on map) it will bring up another screen that shows an odometer, speedometer on the left, average moving speed, average speed (includes stopped), and fastest speed driven. - Luckrider
My Altitude has this...There is also an Altimeter in there. It's pretty cool.
AZAltitude12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 10:58 PM   #110
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

maybe but then it would behind one of two rear wheels like in BMWs. Didnt Cjs or befre have batteries under the seat.

In an E30 BMw the battery was in the trunk for weight balance
I guess BMW knows better than Mercedes...
Unread 09-13-2012, 04:31 PM   #111
padgett
2012 WK 

NP, remove four screws and two connectors and lift the whole seat out. Now does anyone know why there is a connector with seven wires going to a manual Laredo passenger seat without heater or ventilation ?

One of these is a turbo diesel.
Unread 09-13-2012, 07:43 PM   #112
dmac0923
2012 WK 

couple things ive noticed.

In the Navigation settings you can change your icon from the arrow to a wide variety of car icons. they have a challenger lookalike a wrangler and what looks like a GC.

my navigation screen was blindingly bright at night and I couldnt figure out why even when the auto color mode was selected it wouldnt dim. I found out that the dash dimmer next to the headlight switch was locked in the brightest setting. just an FYI if your nav isnt dimming at night.

finally did anyone notice the rear passenger lights can be turned on as map lights individually by pushing the lense in?
Unread 09-14-2012, 07:51 AM   #113
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by padgett
NP, remove four screws and two connectors and lift the whole seat out. Now does anyone know why there is a connector with seven wires going to a manual Laredo passenger seat without heater or ventilation ?

One of these is a turbo diesel.
Passenger air bag sensor wiring and active head restraint.
Unread 09-17-2012, 05:09 AM   #114
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

You can Add the Automatic Climate control to any Laredo that already has automatic headlights.

It's Plug and PLAY!!!
The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 10:19 PM   #115
AZAltitude12
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac0923 View Post
couple things ive noticed.

my navigation screen was blindingly bright at night and I couldnt figure out why even when the auto color mode was selected it wouldnt dim. I found out that the dash dimmer next to the headlight switch was locked in the brightest setting. just an FYI if your nav isnt dimming at night.
Thanks! I couldn't figure this one out. The night NAV screen looks really cool. I've had my jeep for 2 months and never seen it.

Not the first occasion where this Jeep thread had helped me. Thats why i'm a Jeep fourm supporter!

I also selected the Nav Icon that looks like a white GC with a big sunroof. Just like mine
AZAltitude12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 06:34 AM   #116
Pilgrim
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZAltitude12 View Post
Thanks! I couldn't figure this one out. The night NAV screen looks really cool. I've had my jeep for 2 months and never seen it.

Not the first occasion where this Jeep thread had helped me. Thats why i'm a Jeep fourm supporter!

I also selected the Nav Icon that looks like a white GC with a big sunroof. Just like mine
What radio do you have and how did make the icon change?
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 01:29 PM   #117
dmac0923
2012 WK 

430n with garmin nav.

Hit the Nav button
Then settings
Then map
Then vehicle

Scroll left or right to pick icon
Unread 09-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #118
Pilgrim
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac0923 View Post
430n with garmin nav.

Hit the Nav button
Then settings
Then map
Then vehicle

Scroll left or right to pick icon
I have the 730n RHR and don't seem to have the option to change the icon.

Thanks for the reply
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 09:09 AM   #119
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
I guess BMW knows better than Mercedes...
The number of BMWs that see track days to the number of Mercedes.
Its about 20 to 1.

BMWs usually are closer to 50/50 in their weight ditribution than Mercedes Heathy. Most Mercedes suck in their chassi dynamics at speed on the track.
Alwyas have. Even abck in the day the E30M3 was superior in balance and chassis dynamics to 190 16v

Would be interesting to see what the corner weights of the different GCs are along with how the V8 and V6 differ!
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 09:19 AM   #120
Fellows
2011 WK 

Quote:

The number of BMWs that see track days to the number of Mercedes.
Its about 20 to 1.

BMWs usually are closer to 50/50 in their weight ditribution than Mercedes Heathy. Most Mercedes suck in their chassi dynamics at speed on the track.
Alwyas have. Even abck in the day the E30M3 was superior in balance and chassis dynamics to 190 16v

Would be interesting to see what the corner weights of the different GCs are along with how the V8 and V6 differ!
JGC probably isn't going to see much track time. The battery location is for packaging more than the negligible weight distribution. Personally, I think BMW's obsession with weight distribution is a little over rated.
Fellows is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.