Easter Eggs - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Easter Eggs

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippHuge Soft top Sale

Unread 04-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #76
Justal13
2012 WK 

I like the space in the foam insert inside the spare tire that is there for storing your trailer hitch ball mount. I picked one up today and will take a photo to post tomorrow.

Justal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #77
txwest
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justal13
I like the space in the foam insert inside the spare tire that is there for storing your trailer hitch ball mount. I picked one up today and will take a photo to post tomorrow.
That's where mine rides since the first week I got her.

Past Jeeps:
'80 CJ-7 I6 4x4 Std
'86 Comanchee I4 4x4 Std
'99 WJ Laredo 4.0 4x4 AWD
txwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 01:29 AM   #78
JasonJasoff
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by padgett View Post
Flipper Glass Button

I have a new WK2 Laredo V-6 with the towing package & spent about 20 minutes trying to figure out how to open the flipper glass on the tailgate. Owners Manual just says "push the button on the liftgate". After a call to the dealer a black rubber button was found on the outside of the lift gate under the chrome strip and next to the license plate light. Cannot see unless very short. Is there any way from inside the cabin or a manual release anywhere ?

BTW can confirm the the windows do not lower with the remote.
Thats awesome. Had no idea I had a "flipper glass door." Thanks for the post!
JasonJasoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 03:31 AM   #79
nigelh
2012 WK 

Wk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepOrvis97 View Post
Just to confirm this since I've seen it talked about on another thread but this feature does not exist in 2012 WK2s.
I can confirm that this feature is still there, only the contact is missing from under the rubber button in the fob.

I pulled my fob apart and used one of the others to press the button and the rear glass opened, so all you need is to take apart an old computer keyboard or mouse take out one of the contacts and glue it onto the under side of the fob to make it work..

There are two other contacts on the fob as well, one seams to do nothing and the other, just flashes the lights.

Does any one else konw what they are for, the remote start feature, if instaled must be one of them??
True Blue, Saddle Trim
Hemi 5.7 V8
Tow Pack
=====================
nigelh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 07:02 AM   #80
bowlzilla

This doesn't work on our 2012 JGCL 4x2 Base:
Front Windows: You can roll them down with the remote. Just unlock the Jeep, let go of the button, and them immediately push the button and hold. It takes about 2 seconds before they start going down, and then they go until you release the button (not everyone knows this)
bowlzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #81
KC135flyboy
2008 WK 

I tried the procedure to lower windows with key fob and had no success. Anyone else make it work ? This was a feature Honda had and I would greatly appreciate it.
KC135flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #82
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Works on my 2011 Summit
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:42 AM   #83
KC135flyboy
2008 WK 

Tried both key fobs on 2012 limited no luck. Thx for responding
KC135flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #84
bowlzilla

Maybe it's a 2011 only thing since the models dropped $3000 between 2011 and 2012.
Unread 04-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #85
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelh View Post
I can confirm that this feature is still there, only the contact is missing from under the rubber button in the fob.

I pulled my fob apart and used one of the others to press the button and the rear glass opened, so all you need is to take apart an old computer keyboard or mouse take out one of the contacts and glue it onto the under side of the fob to make it work.

There are two other contacts on the fob as well, one seams to do nothing and the other, just flashes the lights.

Does any one else konw what they are for, the remote start feature, if instaled must be one of them??
Can you elaborate more on how you made your 2012 fob window feature enabled? I did not really understand the above. I looked in the fob and have no idea what I am looking for if it is even possible.

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #86
Justal13
2012 WK 

The 2X push to lower front windows feature was dropped for all 2012 GC models. There is no way to activate the feature on the 2012's.

To activate the flipper glass 2X push button on your 2012 Fob, purchase a 2011 Fob off eBay and swap the rubber insert only. This is much cheaper than purchasing a new Fob and having to have the dealer program it.

There are several Fob button styles out there, so you have to search for the correct one. You cannot buy just the rubber insert at the dealer (you have to buy the entire Fob, and it is not cheap).

The other (2) pushbuttons are for the power opening rear hatch (only if you have the option) and the power folding 3rd seats (Durango Only).
2011afob.jpg  
2011fob.jpg

Justal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #87
plynn7
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post
Can you elaborate more on how you made your 2012 fob window feature enabled? I did not really understand the above. I looked in the fob and have no idea what I am looking for if it is even possible.
I beleive nigelh is talking about the rear flipper glass and how to open it from the fob. If you are talking about rolling down the two front windows with the fob, it does not work on the 2012's.
plynn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #88
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckmv

Weight balance? Really
Yeah. Weight balance. A battery here, a ECM there. Hanging a heavy *** AGM battery at hood height toward the front of the vehicle, vs setting it low in the floor and centered, makes a tremendous difference in handling. And before someone chimes in with some "it's not a sports car" nonsense, handling is about safety more than performance.
Unread 04-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #89
bowlzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckmv View Post
Weight balance? Really
Wow, the ignorance is strong in this one.
Unread 04-29-2012, 05:10 PM   #90
Ungerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by plynn7

I beleive nigelh is talking about the rear flipper glass and how to open it from the fob. If you are talking about rolling down the two front windows with the fob, it does not work on the 2012's.
So you can unlock the flipper glass & then open it by lifting it up . By using the fob ?
Ungerer is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.