Easter Eggs - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Easter Eggs

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #61
BobsWK2
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeprenzag View Post
Super simple; probably stupid for posting this, but just discovered that there is a gas cap hanger on the gas cap door (so you don't have to let the gas cap dangle when filling up). See pic.
Never tried it that way. I always hang it on the hook by the retaining cable. When I had the old 05 Magnum RT, the owners manual illustrated to hang the cap by the cable.

BobsWK2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2012, 08:44 AM   #62
Jdsmitty10

Once we are talking about fueling up. I used the hook first time I fueled it. But I thought the nozzle comes dangerously close to the paint when fueling not liking that. Even if it has rubber on it, multiple fueling and rubbing that paint is gonna cause wear.. Anyone else notice this? As if the angle of the filler hole coulda been angled up more so the handle of the nozzle doesn't sit on the paint?
Jdsmitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #63
padgett
2012 WK 

Was wondering about the USB connection in the glove box and just tried plugging in a thumb drive I had added a "Music" directory and a few ripped albums. The 130 "media center" identified as soon as I had ejected the CD and selected CD/Aux (UC1) and started playing so no need for an iPlod.

Only downside is you lose the clock entirely but I have a 10 " Android Tablet with Torque velcroed over the instruments now and one of the 17 parameters displayed (including RPM/MPH/Coolant Temp/Fuel Level) is a clock.

One of these is a diesel.
Unread 04-10-2012, 09:35 PM   #64
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider
Post up those Easter Egg touches that Jeep claims you will find as you own the vehicle. I can continually edit the first post so that there is one easy to see list for all right at the top... I will even give you the credit. Alright, let's start:

Headlights: You will see a Jeep emblem molded into the headlight. Jeep states this in the sales brochure and I think that is where they talk about the little touches - Luckrider

Sun Visors: When you unclip them (to swing towards the window) they also slide out to get into position where you need them so that light isn't coming between the door and visor. - Luckrider

Rear Window Switches: With the lights on, they get lit up. If you lock the rear windows so that the rear passengers can't operate them, the light goes out.

Center Console: There is a little cubby in the lid. It looks like it would be a great place to hide papers or something like a small map (or maybe some hidden emergency cash). The actual purpose is to house a small package of tissues - Luckrider (Thanks to Justal13 for the exact use).

Front Windows: You can roll them down with the remote. Just unlock the Jeep, let go of the button, and them immediately push the button and hold. It takes about 2 seconds before they start going down, and then they go until you release the button (not everyone knows this). - Luckrider

Rear Glass Latch: Just because you don't have the fancy auto glass and hatch doesn't mean you can't unlock just the hatch. If you take the remote apart and click (2x) the lower left button with the black part that is normally used to contact one of the other buttons, the latch will pop and you can open it without unlocking the Jeep. That would be useful when dropping stuff off... now if only you could find the rubber skin to make it work without taking the remote apart (I am sure you can actually do that). Found that out while waiting in the Jeep bored playing with everything I could.-Luckrider

Super Sexy Electric Speedo: If you have the 430N (might work with the other nav radio), if you touch the box that displays your speed (when on map) it will bring up another screen that shows an odometer, speedometer on the left, average moving speed, average speed (includes stopped), and fastest speed driven. - Luckrider

Massive Hidden Cargo Bin: There is a huge cargo compartment under the driver's seat. Same size as the battery compartment under the passenger side, and the lid even has instruction for changing the battery (which isn't in that compartment). - Luckrider

Spare Cover Flap Hook: There is a sweet hook in the lid for the spare tire that can be used to hold it up when you need to get stuff in the cargo area there, or for getting the spare out. You guys know there are 2 cargo bins there right? - Luckrider

Rewind the Radio: On the 430N while listening to the radio... Hit The rewind button ie '<<'. You have to hit the button marked replay before this will work though. - Celly

Headrest Adjustments: That headrest does more than just go up and down, you know. It has the ability to tilt forward and back too. - plynn7
Quote:
Originally Posted by atinari
Anyone look at their headlights?
Very first part of very first post by the original poster.
Unread 04-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #65
pschofie
2012 WK 

Have you noticed when the Daylight running lights on you turn on an indicator and the DLR on the side of that indicator switches off
pschofie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2012, 04:12 AM   #66
gtanty

No cargo compartment under driver or passenger in a '12 GC. Wish there was because I could use more storage compartments.
gtanty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2012, 05:40 AM   #67
Jdsmitty10

don't know if this was covered but the M7 fuse under the hood is switchable from a always on rear cargo outlet or a ignition switched outlet..just read about that the other day somewhere...just move the fuse over to the plug next to where it is installed at the factory and that outlet is always on..
Jdsmitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2012, 06:42 AM   #68
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtanty
No cargo compartment under driver or passenger in a '12 GC. Wish there was because I could use more storage compartments.
Yes there is. You have a battery, you have the compartment.
Unread 04-27-2012, 06:53 AM   #69
fljeepleo
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtanty
Gotto look a little harder. It's a covered compartment.
2005 Grand Cherokee Limited, 5.7, QD2
fljeepleo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2012, 09:17 AM   #70
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

There is a panel that you have to lift up to get to the cargo bin. The passenger side has the battery in it so that one is not useable, but the driver side may or may not be clear depending on what options you have.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2012, 09:36 AM   #71
bowlzilla

Wait, so the car battery is under the passenger seat? WTH?!?
bowlzilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #72
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlzilla
Wait, so the car battery is under the passenger seat? WTH?!?
Weight balance. It's also a sealed AGM Absorbed Glass Mat (often incorrectly referred to as "gel cell") battery that can not fume to the passenger compartment. You do have a jumper/charger point under the hood though.
Unread 04-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #73
gtanty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
Yes there is. You have a battery, you have the compartment.
My bad. when I read "compartment under the seat", I thought like the drawer under the seat on my old Audi. So I pried the lid up and saw a hole but there is also a lot of electronics down there so not really a convenient place to store stuff.

But thanks for pointing that out to me.

George
gtanty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #74
JMP8562

This is a LiL lame but if you have your ventilation system off you don't have to hit the power button you can hit the temp up or down and it turns it on
89 lifted wrangler to 95 lifted cherokee to 01 GC now 07 JK 4 DOOR X WITH HIGH ROCK FRONT WINCH BUMPER APPROACH ROLLERS/WARN 9.5TI WINCH WITH UNDER THE HOOD CUT-OFF SWITCH/2.5" SS lift/1"M.O.R.E BL/33" BFG KM2 ON STOCK 17"/RIVER RAIDER ROCKER GUARDS-SLIDERS/OFF ROAD HEROS FASTBACK SOFT TOP/GIBSON DUEL EXHAUST/CUSTOM MADE TRUNK/HELLA FF300/HELLA500 W-WINDSHIELD MOUNTS/DELTA SKYBAR/CARBON FIBER DASH KIT/DUEL AND SINGLE GUAGE PODS WITH VOLT-OIL PRESSURE-OIL TEMP GUAGES/COBRA 75 CB/AND A LOT OF RECOVERY GEAR
JMP8562 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2012, 02:59 PM   #75
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP8562
This is a LiL lame but if you have your ventilation system off you don't have to hit the power button you can hit the temp up or down and it turns it on
In other news, did you know that you don't have to push the car, it has an engine!!!

J/K seriously though, all cars with automatic climate control are that way. Adjust the fan speed, adjust the temp, even hit the "off" button and it comes on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.