Easter Eggs - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Easter Eggs

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 02-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #46
dryfly
2011 WK 

What is the 1" wide strap with the hook that is behind the rear center armrest for?

For rearward facing infant seats secured in the center seat position with the vehicle seat belts, the rear center seat position has an armrest tether that secures the arm rest in the upward position. To access the center seat arm rest tether first lower the arm rest. The tether is located behind the armrest and hooked onto the plastic seat backing.

Pull down on the tether to unhook it from the plastic seat backing, then raise the armrest and attach the tether hook to the strap located on the front of the arm rest.

dryfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #47
2MchFun
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsWK2 View Post

The compartment under the drivers seat in my 12 Overland has a few modules, etc. in there so I'm not going to put anything in it.
Mine too - full of electronics!
Unread 02-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #48
Justal13
2012 WK 

That strap is awfully strange. I was finally able to get the hook to release from the indent (it felt like it was "stuck" there, I carefully pried it loose). That's when I noticed the strap was elastic material. I suspected it may have had something to do with a child seat at some point. But to use this strap to hook to the armrest leather grip/strap to keep it in the closed position? That is ridiculous for two reasons:

* The leather cross-strap/grip on the front of the armrest when in the closed/stored position has a fair amount of "give to it". When I hook the elatstic strap to it, it deforms and eventually would "stretch" it out permanently.

* If somebody thinks that the armrest would open and do harm to a child sitting in a booster or rear-facing child seat seems a little far-fetched and must have been designed by some safety engineer who is extremely over-zealous.

Good thing there will never be a child or booster seat on my leather back seats. And to those who do, how many use this or even knew this strap existed? It is not part of the tether/latch design. Try it yourself and see how questionable this design is. (Sorry, I am a Mechanical Design Engineer by training and have quite a bit of experience with consumer safety and ergo design).
Justal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 06:17 AM   #49
padgett
2012 WK 

Laredo is empty so is not the flight recorder. That said everything seems really well thought out. Only real disappointment is the lack of an available service manual or wiring diagram and that is management and not engineering.
padgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 06:58 AM   #50
Fellows
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepOrvis97 View Post
Just to confirm this since I've seen it talked about on another thread but this feather does not exist in 2012 WK2s.
Man that sucks. Kinda weird what they strip and don't strip from year to year. You'd only assume the 2012's would have even more bells and whistles. I'm not sure if that really saves Jeep any manufacturing cost. The remote features are all software related.
Fellows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 07:58 AM   #51
padgett
2012 WK 

As I said, it would not be an engineering decision. More likely it was to make it easier to upsell from the Laredo to the Laredo X.

Keep in mind there was a directive to lower the base price of the 2012 WK2 by 10% and the easiest/cheapest way was simply a program change to remove some features.

This is my first Jeep but I have been tinkering with cars and reprogramming them for a long time. Being a GMI grad, I stuck with GM until their cars diverged too much from the three Fs. Have a lot of 3800 parts anyway & understand them.

However, my son drives the TranSport & I needed something to replace it for trips and towing. Was looking at 3600 lb 2.5 liter things (Terrain, CX-7&9) since there are no suitable turbo-diesels available in this country but frankly they all seemed tinny. GF put me onto the GC and despite (or perhaps because of) the 4400 lb weight seems really solid.

Have only driven it about 120 miles now but is getting better mpg (18.6 in town) than the reprogrammed Reattae which was quite a surprise (had seen dismal reports about the Enclave/Denali which are a similar size). To me, Pontiac is gone and Buicks look oriental. May sound strange from an engineer but I like the GC steering wheel better than anything from GM.

Getting far afield (is there a newbie intro thread ?) my feeling is that the Laredo was deliberately "decontented" to meet a price point (always felt GM devisions had an "ugly" stylist for low lines) but that Chrysler kind of missed the mark since I have always liked clean lines, minimal chrome, and the very dark plastic hides the imitation woodgrain. Have a few changes planned (Katzskins, side step rails, sill plates, bed liner) but frequent passenger likes the chrome grille so the SRT option is out.

Meanwhile back at the thread, it does seem surprising that part of the overall decontenting would be a safety related item such as the tire pressure readout. IMNSHO.
padgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #52
JMP8562

To everyone that spent time looking for ths stuff thanks
89 lifted wrangler to 95 lifted cherokee to 01 GC now 07 JK 4 DOOR X WITH HIGH ROCK FRONT WINCH BUMPER APPROACH ROLLERS/WARN 9.5TI WINCH WITH UNDER THE HOOD CUT-OFF SWITCH/2.5" SS lift/1"M.O.R.E BL/33" BFG KM2 ON STOCK 17"/RIVER RAIDER ROCKER GUARDS-SLIDERS/OFF ROAD HEROS FASTBACK SOFT TOP/GIBSON DUEL EXHAUST/CUSTOM MADE TRUNK/HELLA FF300/HELLA500 W-WINDSHIELD MOUNTS/DELTA SKYBAR/CARBON FIBER DASH KIT/DUEL AND SINGLE GUAGE PODS WITH VOLT-OIL PRESSURE-OIL TEMP GUAGES/COBRA 75 CB/AND A LOT OF RECOVERY GEAR
JMP8562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #53
JDR
2012 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP8562 View Post
To everyone that spent time looking for ths stuff thanks
I second that thought! Love all the great tips and secrets.
JDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 10:03 PM   #54
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniele767676
Apologies if this is more of a "negative" easter egg:
At night the controls for the electric windows on the driver's door are illuminated, but the controls for the elctric mirrors aren't......Why?

Daniele

PS: love the sun visors, after decades of poor sunvisor engineering, somebody has finally come up with the most basic yet pratical solution!
Sliding visors have been in cars for half a century literally. I think Cadillac invented it in the 50s.
Unread 03-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #55
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by padgett
Flipper Glass Button

I have a new WK2 Laredo V-6 with the towing package & spent about 20 minutes trying to figure out how to open the flipper glass on the tailgate. Owners Manual just says "push the button on the liftgate". After a call to the dealer a black rubber button was found on the outside of the lift gate under the chrome strip and next to the license plate light. Cannot see unless very short. Is there any way from inside the cabin or a manual release anywhere ?

BTW can confirm the the windows do not lower with the remote.
99.9% of SUVs have the glass button under the chrome.
Unread 03-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #56
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrysko
Wow!

Kudos to Justal13 for the good catch re: the tissue holder and concealed compartment.
Tons of vehicles have those tissue holders.

Dang people, is this everyone's first car?

Thanks to all that contributed though. Some cool stuff I'd have never guessed!
Unread 03-02-2012, 06:08 AM   #57
padgett
2012 WK 

Nope but first SAV/Jeep/Chrysler other than rentals. Mini-van does not have flipper and on station wagon window was power.

Still looking for a way to open either from inside the vehicle (do not have power option).

BTW second tank of mixed driving was 20.1 MPG.

One of these is a diesel.
Unread 03-02-2012, 06:21 AM   #58
wildstar
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepOrvis97 View Post
Just to confirm this since I've seen it talked about on another thread but this feather does not exist in 2012 WK2s.
I had a VW GTI before my Jeep. You coule program the remote to open the windows and sunroof by pressing and holding the unlock button or the opposite to close them all. There is a huge market and tools to do this kind of programming for VWs though
I dont know enough about Jeeps to say the same.
wildstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #59
jeeprenzag
2012 WK 

Super simple; probably stupid for posting this, but just discovered that there is a gas cap hanger on the gas cap door (so you don't have to let the gas cap dangle when filling up). See pic.
2012-04-08_14-53-50_714.jpg  
jeeprenzag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #60
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yup yup, not exactly perfect, but it does the job. Keeps the cap from attacking the paint below the filler.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.