Easter Eggs - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Easter Eggs

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 12-09-2011, 04:10 PM   #31
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Damn, that is sad. It is a pretty neat feature, and it is something that I know other Lux Brands have. Did this happen to be a new inventory vehicle, or something that already went through the PDI?

JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2011, 04:12 PM   #32
JeepOrvis97
1997 ZJ 

Ya, all Jeeps are PDIed before I take them. Only once that I gotten my hands on were the Fiats we just got, they were annoying to handle without being PDIed, like nothing worked except basic driving operation of the vehicle.
JeepOrvis97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2011, 06:56 PM   #33
aussboy
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepOrvis97 View Post
Ya, I'm sure, I tried it several times. It was a loaded up limited. I'll keep checking every time I drive one of the new '12 WKs.
I have a 2012 Larado and tried it last night and it did NOT work. Must have been taken out.
aussboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2011, 08:53 PM   #34
67rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepOrvis97 View Post
Ya, I'm sure, I tried it several times. It was a loaded up limited. I'll keep checking every time I drive one of the new '12 WKs.
I can confirm that as well. The day I got my Jeep, I stood on my sidewalk pressing and repressing the unlock buttons, making the horn beep about 10 times while my neighbors kept looking out their windows. I still can't figure out why they removed the feature.
67rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2011, 08:27 AM   #35
bdesmp
2011 WK 

The back seats recline.
bdesmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #36
marathon mark

Push the blinker stalk a little ( don't turn on the blinker, just enought to gt it started) it will blink the turn signal 3 times, then off. Great for lane changes
marathon mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #37
mike76CJ5

1976 CJ5 

wakes me up at night with a strong urge to take her for a spin
mike76CJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #38
Justal13
2012 WK 

Thought we should start posting photos of the Easter Eggs, so it is easier to visualize what they are and how they work. I will start with (2) that seen to come into question:

* Small compartment in the lid of the armrest. It is a kleenex dispenser. You can get the small plastic-wrapped packages at Target, Walmart, Walgreens, etc. You open the "slit" in one side of the package to allow for dispensing, and then insert it into the compartment. You will have to squeeze the package in there, you cannot hurt it. Do the bottom 1st, then the top - now "smooth" everything out and - volia - handy kleenex dispensing.

* Hidden compartment under the driver's seat. Some people question how to access it, other say they have components mounted on the lid or inside the compartment. I have a Laredo X with Q1. There is nothing mounted on the lid or inside the compartment. To access, motor the driver's seat all the way forward, pull back your left rear seat floor mat, grab the "rounded" rear edge/handle on the cover and lift up. There are two plastic tabs that will "snap" open and closed. After the rear edge is pulled up, the front edge will "snap" open or use it like a hinge. In my photo, I left the seat in my normal driving position, so motored all the way forward the lid will open even further. I can reach in and place items just fine without moving the lid. The compartment is plastic-lined.
dsci0399.jpg   dsci0400.jpg   dsci0401.jpg  
Justal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #39
padgett
2012 WK 

Flipper Glass Button

I have a new WK2 Laredo V-6 with the towing package & spent about 20 minutes trying to figure out how to open the flipper glass on the tailgate. Owners Manual just says "push the button on the liftgate". After a call to the dealer a black rubber button was found on the outside of the lift gate under the chrome strip and next to the license plate light. Cannot see unless very short. Is there any way from inside the cabin or a manual release anywhere ?

BTW can confirm the the windows do not lower with the remote.
padgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 09:16 AM   #40
henrysko
2011 WK 

Wow!

Kudos to Justal13 for the good catch re: the tissue holder and concealed compartment.
Unread 02-02-2012, 10:07 AM   #41
rustyosaurus
2012 WK 

how the hell did you know that was a kleenex dispenser??? i saw that little compartment but it seemed like it was there to fit over a protrusion on the underside.
rustyosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #42
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Justal13, I pointed it out somewhere in this thread. It is cool to know that tissues are supposed to go in there. I guess I will make sure a box of them gets in there at some point.

In one of Jeep's press releases, they specifically mentioned that there are little features and touches that the vehicle has that people will notice over time. Little treasures that they get to discover over the life of ownership. Something I think is pretty cool honestly.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #43
BobsWK2
2014 WK 

When I got my 2000 WJ, the owners manual pointed out the tissue holder on the underside of the center armrest. I guess Jeep forgot to mention it for the WK2.

The compartment under the drivers seat in my 12 Overland has a few modules, etc. in there so I'm not going to put anything in it.
BobsWK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #44
Justal13
2012 WK 

Another mini Easter Egg I discovered while sitting in the carwash earlier today. Maybe everyone else already knows this.

On the front/rear wiper stalk, for activation of the rear wiper: To run the rear window washer you can rotate the switch down - hold for length of desired wash - release and the wiper cycles 3 times and stops. Or you can rotate the switch all the way up past the constant rear wiper run position - hold for length of desired wash - release and the wiper continues until you manually rotate the switch back to the stop position.

So I did not know that the rear washer works two different ways.

And a question: What is the 1" wide strap with the hook that is behind the rear center armrest for? The strap appears to go up under the adjustable center headrest, but raising the headrest did not change anything and I could not get the hook removed from the slot it goes into (but I did not want to force it much either, not knowing what it was for). Took a quick look in the owners manual and did not find anything about it there either, unless I missed it in there. Thanks.
Justal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 06:17 AM   #45
skoshere
2011 WK 

the strap on the rear center armrest I believe is for a tether strap for a car seat. I flips out then you close the seat.
skoshere is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.