Easter Eggs - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Easter Eggs

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 06-02-2014, 09:40 PM   #286
14summithemi
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaforest View Post
Is there any benefit to that in the real world or is it simply a side-function of the engineering.
I guess it could use a daytime cutoff loop in it's logic/code.

14summithemi is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2014, 10:48 PM   #287
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

It's not washer fluid. It's not the RF.

The water from the water hose he washing the Jeep with "tricks" the sensor in the actual door handle into thinking a hand is touching it.

As for a "benefit", I'm not sure I understand the question.
Unread 06-02-2014, 10:50 PM   #288
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14summithemi
I guess it could use a daytime cutoff loop in it's logic/code.
Huh?
Unread 06-03-2014, 04:09 AM   #289
14summithemi
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
Huh?
He quoted the water setoff thing and asked if there was any real world benefit so I just took him literally and of course there is no real world benefit ro lights coming onnduring day so I made my suggestion....that's all
Unread 06-03-2014, 07:58 AM   #290
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
It's not washer fluid. It's not the RF.

The water from the water hose he washing the Jeep with "tricks" the sensor in the actual door handle into thinking a hand is touching it.
So why is it only when the key FOB is in your pocket while spraying does the vehicle think you are touching the handle ? .... unless thats something else changed in 2014... Think about it, has to be more to it than simply water touching the inside of the handle, otherwise every time it rains the lights would flash and doors unlock
Unread 06-03-2014, 08:10 AM   #291
Aquaforest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
So why is it only when the key FOB is in your pocket while spraying does the vehicle think you are touching the handle ? .... unless thats something else changed in 2014... Think about it, has to be more to it than simply water touching the inside of the handle, otherwise every time it rains the lights would flash and doors unlock
I agree. The reason I asked if it was a 'benefit' was it designed to possibly be a touch alertness type reaction (not a human hand, but any object), but I never read anything about that.

Also yes if I'm in the city and a guy comes up to the car with a squeegee to clean the windshield I don't want the doors unlocking
Aquaforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2014, 09:12 AM   #292
14summithemi
2014 WK 

Quote:

Its your proximity to the non running vehicle, it assumes you intend to drive it do it gives you lighting.
Unread 06-03-2014, 10:36 AM   #293
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14summithemi View Post
Its your proximity to the non running vehicle, it assumes you intend to drive it do it gives you lighting.
True, but the point was that Heath said there was no RF involved, but there is.

I've either turned my approach lights off or don't have the feature. I just have the light flash for unlocking, whether the doors are locked or not.

"The smart key allows the driver to keep the key fob in their pocket when unlocking, locking and starting the vehicle. The key is identified via one of several antennas in the car's bodywork and a radio pulse generator in the key housing. Depending on the system, the vehicle is automatically unlocked when a button or sensor on the door handle or trunk release is pressed."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyless_Go#Keyless_Go
Unread 07-06-2014, 09:39 AM   #294
DUHockey9

Really dumb question. How the heck do you open the storage bin under the driver's seat? I can't find a latch or anything anywhere.
DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2014, 09:48 AM   #295
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Its not a storage bin technically, there is no latch. If you have a fully optioned vehicle the area is full of modules.

Motor your seat all the way forward. Lift under the rear edge of the cover and it should "pop" right up. It is not a place you want to store anything you need to get at frequently or in a hurry, but some find it a useful hide away.
Unread 07-14-2014, 07:45 AM   #296
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
My BMW with comfort access would do this as well. The car has proximity sensors telling it where the key is. If the key is close to the car (5-10 ft) and you grab the door handle, it'll unlock or lock, depending on what you're trying to do. It very well might do it with rain, but the key has to be close to the car. I always left the keys in the garage when I washed my car in the driveway to prevent this.

The BMW would only start with the key inside the car and would warn you if the key left the car when it was running. It knew when it was in the trunk because then the trunk doesn't latch to prevent you from locking the keys in there.
Unread 07-17-2014, 01:53 PM   #297
ScottyNorq
2014 WK 

I cant get the windows to roll down using the fob.
ScottyNorq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2014, 02:58 PM   #298
2kg4u
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyNorq View Post
I cant get the windows to roll down using the fob.
That feature does not work on the 2014.
2kg4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2014, 03:27 PM   #299
Muzzy73
2013 WK 

How to reset "Oil Change Due" message

Found this on another Jeep site and tried it on my ride that was giving message much before the due mileage.

"Turn the ignition switch to ON (do not start) and fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly 3 times within 10 seconds and then turn the ignition switch to OFF, then start the Jeep. The message should be cleared."
Muzzy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2014, 04:44 PM   #300
14summithemi
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzy73 View Post
How to reset "Oil Change Due" message

Found this on another Jeep site and tried it on my ride that was giving message much before the due mileage.

"Turn the ignition switch to ON (do not start) and fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly 3 times within 10 seconds and then turn the ignition switch to OFF, then start the Jeep. The message should be cleared."
Sorry, easter egg denied! Its on page 99 of your User Guide

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.