Easter Eggs - Page 19 - JeepForum.com

 9Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #271 of 429 Old 05-09-2014, 04:53 PM
petetherocker
Registered User
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 78
Easter eggs

There truly are no Easter eggs, EVERYTHING in this vehicle is by design.


2001 XJ Limited 4.0 Litre
2005 WK Limited 5.7 Litre
2012 WK2 Overland (current)
petetherocker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #272 of 429 Old 05-21-2014, 05:12 AM
EvilDeckster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sudbury
Posts: 5
I noticed something the other day. When I was putting groceries in the back of my 2014, another vehicle was backing up towards me. The door chime sounded the same way that the rear park assist will warn as you approach an object. It gave plenty of warning for me to move if the other vehicle was going to back into me.
EvilDeckster is offline  
post #273 of 429 Old 05-22-2014, 09:06 AM
Medpilot
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDeckster View Post
I noticed something the other day. When I was putting groceries in the back of my 2014, another vehicle was backing up towards me. The door chime sounded the same way that the rear park assist will warn as you approach an object. It gave plenty of warning for me to move if the other vehicle was going to back into me.
Interesting.
Medpilot is offline  
post #274 of 429 Old 05-23-2014, 07:47 AM
JABEACHFANZ
Registered User
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: winston-salem
Posts: 56
I've had my 2012 Grand Cherokee for 2 years now. I have always been annoyed that during the day if the lights are on that the cluster/radio lighting is too dim to see. I knew you could adjust the dimming of the lights with the wheel. When you move the wheel all the way up the dome lights come on. Now what I didn't know is there are two stops if you slide the dimmer up. If you slide the wheel up most of the time you only feel one, the first is very easy to just skip and turns the dome lights on, that first step up will actually turn the cluster/radio lights to full bright without the domes on, the top stop will turn the domes on. I drew a picture here.

After posting this I started going to read the latest few pages and saw this was already brought up. I'll leave this post b/c I drew a pretty picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Detail_zps44bdd70c.jpg  

2012 Laredo 4x4 V6, ORA1, Security and Convenience, Laredo E

Last edited by JABEACHFANZ; 05-23-2014 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Because I can.
JABEACHFANZ is offline  
post #275 of 429 Old 05-26-2014, 10:23 AM
bluegrassguitar
Registered User
2011 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Woodruff
Posts: 266
Thanks...I had overlooked that brightness stop, too! And it is a pretty picture.
bluegrassguitar is offline  
post #276 of 429 Old 05-27-2014, 02:28 PM
LibGrandCher
Registered User
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 612
So, got on the highway today.
Signaled left , at the same time my favorite tune came on.
I cranked it.
I didn't hear the alert.

All of a sudden "YOUR SIGNAL IS ON" shows up on the dash.

I didn't realize that feature was there.

I like it.
LibGrandCher is offline  
post #277 of 429 Old 06-02-2014, 12:14 AM
BobsWK2
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibGrandCher View Post
So, got on the highway today.
Signaled left , at the same time my favorite tune came on.
I cranked it.
I didn't hear the alert.

All of a sudden "YOUR SIGNAL IS ON" shows up on the dash.

I didn't realize that feature was there.

I like it.
Grand Cherokees have had a notification feature when you left the turn signal on for more than a mile since at least the WJ model.

2014 Summit 4X4 V8
BobsWK2 is offline  
post #278 of 429 Old 06-02-2014, 03:49 PM
Aquaforest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 144
I was washing the GC the other day with the Jeep off and I noticed that the directionals and I'm pretty sure the rear and parking lights came on. Is this a feature LOL or a malfunction LOL?
Aquaforest is offline  
post #279 of 429 Old 06-02-2014, 03:56 PM
Heath
Registered User
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Shreveport
Posts: 2,641
Take your key out of your pocket next time you wash it.

2013 JKU Rubicon
Heath is offline  
post #280 of 429 Old 06-02-2014, 03:59 PM
Heath
Registered User
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Shreveport
Posts: 2,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEACHFANZ
I've had my 2012 Grand Cherokee for 2 years now. I have always been annoyed that during the day if the lights are on that the cluster/radio lighting is too dim to see. I knew you could adjust the dimming of the lights with the wheel. When you move the wheel all the way up the dome lights come on. Now what I didn't know is there are two stops if you slide the dimmer up. If you slide the wheel up most of the time you only feel one, the first is very easy to just skip and turns the dome lights on, that first step up will actually turn the cluster/radio lights to full bright without the domes on, the top stop will turn the domes on. I drew a picture here. After posting this I started going to read the latest few pages and saw this was already brought up. I'll leave this post b/c I drew a pretty picture.
The 2014 dash is too damn dim no matter what you do.

BTW that first "click" will make your nav auto dim not work.

2013 JKU Rubicon
Heath is offline  
post #281 of 429 Old 06-02-2014, 05:44 PM
Aquaforest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
Take your key out of your pocket next time you wash it.
So your saying I accidentally set off the 'door open' with the keys in my pocket?
Aquaforest is offline  
post #282 of 429 Old 06-02-2014, 08:28 PM
Jackal01
Moderator
 
Jackal01's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaforest View Post

So your saying I accidentally set off the 'door open' with the keys in my pocket?
Yes. Anything can set it off.
Jackal01 is offline  
post #283 of 429 Old 06-02-2014, 08:43 PM
Heath
Registered User
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Shreveport
Posts: 2,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaforest
So your saying I accidentally set off the 'door open' with the keys in my pocket?
When the key is on your person, the water sets the door handle sensors off.

2013 JKU Rubicon
Heath is offline  
post #284 of 429 Old 06-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Aquaforest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
When the key is on your person, the water sets the door handle sensors off.
Is there any benefit to that in the real world or is it simply a side-function of the engineering.
Aquaforest is offline  
post #285 of 429 Old 06-02-2014, 09:35 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced
 
ColdCase's Avatar
2011 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 8,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaforest View Post
Is there any benefit to that in the real world or is it simply a side-function of the engineering.

Water conducts the RF energy much better than air. The washer fluid makes good enough connection between you and the door sensor that the vehicle thinks you touched the handle.

Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
ColdCase is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Jeep's Easter Jeep Safari Pic's kkuntz01 WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum 1 04-19-2011 03:14 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome