Easter Eggs - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Easter Eggs

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 12-29-2013, 09:37 PM   #211
gooberphx420

Yes, my Jeep is dirty as hell.

gooberphx420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2013, 09:44 PM   #212
gooberphx420

Also FYI gents, if you don't have remote start but DO HAVE the receptacle shown above, the PTS button is dealer cost of $13 and works for 75% of CDJ vehicles.
Unread 12-29-2013, 10:07 PM   #213
LJameson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

That does NOT charge the battery in your key fob. Nothing does as a matter of fact, when it dies you replace the battery.

Also, the button is only removable on Chryslers a with a WIN module (2011-2013 wk2s for example). The newer KIN module (2014+ wk2s) do NOT have a removable button.
Unread 12-29-2013, 11:09 PM   #214
gooberphx420

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJameson View Post
That does NOT charge the battery in your key fob. Nothing does as a matter of fact, when it dies you replace the battery.

Also, the button is only removable on Chryslers a with a WIN module (2011-2013 wk2s for example). The newer KIN module (2014+ wk2s) do NOT have a removable button.
That's odd. I worked at a CDJ dealer for a year and the Chrysler rep taught me that......
Unread 12-29-2013, 11:41 PM   #215
NickPsy
2013 WK 

This week I've had my JGC (13' Overland) in the mountains for the first time. We are in Mammoth Lakes, Ca and while the snow is lousy, it's cold in the AM and PM. I've used my remote start feature and the seat heaters and steering wheel heater are both on when I get in the car. Either I'm mistaken or these two heat comfort items must be activated by the remote start if the temp is cold enough.

Also spent a bit of time in a new Chevy Tahoe and the comparison between in the overall ride quality was clearly noted by my wife and grown kids. The Chevy has some noticeable shakes, shimmies and vibrations. My jeep is like buttah.
NickPsy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2013, 08:08 AM   #216
XJ2WK2
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ2WK2 View Post
wot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post
I believe we all know what you are talking about regarding removal of the push button. Your first post just didn't make sense. You used "our" instead of "or" and it reads poorly. This is just my guess why he said "wot?".

However, I did not know the fob is charged while in the ignition. Have a source for that? My understanding is that the battery is not rechargeable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJameson View Post

Sorry the "wot" is old habit. We all know you can remove the start/stop button, but I don't believe the battery charges in the remote, it's a 2032 battery I believe, I have replaced it a couple of times now.
XJ2WK2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2013, 03:55 PM   #217
Deep18
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickPsy View Post
This week I've had my JGC (13' Overland) in the mountains for the first time. We are in Mammoth Lakes, Ca and while the snow is lousy, it's cold in the AM and PM. I've used my remote start feature and the seat heaters and steering wheel heater are both on when I get in the car. Either I'm mistaken or these two heat comfort items must be activated by the remote start if the temp is cold enough.

Also spent a bit of time in a new Chevy Tahoe and the comparison between in the overall ride quality was clearly noted by my wife and grown kids. The Chevy has some noticeable shakes, shimmies and vibrations. My jeep is like buttah.
I believe its when the outside temp is 40 or below, the heated seat and steering wheel is automatically activated. Not a bad feature.

Looking forward to the purchase next year
Unread 12-31-2013, 07:46 AM   #218
nubby105
2011 WK 

Change Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazards280 View Post
Found this easteregg on my 11' Overland Summit. On the lip of the lower center console you will find a indent for Chapstick. Perfect for these winter months!
I use that spot for change
nubby105 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2014, 02:44 PM   #219
wwhiskey75

Might not be an egg. I own an 11' summit and tried lowering the suspension to entry/ exit while moving at 20mph. I quickly pressed the button and it said was not available or whatever it says, but then I pressed and held the button down for a few seconds and released. It then said entry/ exit mode all while continuing at 20mph. I slowed down to 5 or whatever the minimum speed is to begin to lower approximately 1-2 minutes after I held the button and the jeep began to lower as I came to a stop in my driveway.
It was like it delayed the lowering height until the speed was reduced. Is this an Easter egg or should I have searched the forum more. Just FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
wwhiskey75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2014, 10:31 AM   #220
Justal13
2012 WK 

Nope, the fob batteries are non-rechargable # CR2032. I always keep a spare in the glovebox because these "active" (always on & broadcasting) fobs go through batteries faster than the old-style "passive" (have to press a button) fobs. Batteries typically last a year or so. I replace the batteries in all my wifes and my fobs every spring when I do my home smoke-detector batteries as a reminder. The batteries are inexpensive (less than $1 each), I buy multi-packs from Amazon (Energizer or Duracell) and they have a long shelf-life. When the batteries start getting low, the door handle and start push-buttons start "acting up" requiring multiple pushes to work.
Justal13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2014, 11:02 PM   #221
pyroholtz
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justal13 View Post
Nope, the fob batteries are non-rechargable # CR2032. I always keep a spare in the glovebox because these "active" (always on & broadcasting) fobs go through batteries faster than the old-style "passive" (have to press a button) fobs. Batteries typically last a year or so. I replace the batteries in all my wifes and my fobs every spring when I do my home smoke-detector batteries as a reminder. The batteries are inexpensive (less than $1 each), I buy multi-packs from Amazon (Energizer or Duracell) and they have a long shelf-life. When the batteries start getting low, the door handle and start push-buttons start "acting up" requiring multiple pushes to work.
I was under the impression that these new fobs use passive RFID technology to allow the "always on & broadcasting" features to work. This passive tech means that the key fob isn't using its battery power to signal to the vehicle, but instead the vehicle is sending a signal out and that energizes the key fob, allowing the fob to authorize itself (or not, if matched incorrectly.) I haven't: had my '14 long enough to verify how the fob batteries last though, I guess we'll see. One additional comment about purchasing coin cells on Amazon, I've heard many a vendor will sell outdated batteries and they just dont last as long in devices as they should. I can attest to this though, I've purchased a few different types of coin cells batteries from a few different suppliers and most of then just don't seem to last as long as other batteries purchased from more reputable places.
pyroholtz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 09:13 AM   #222
Erikasjgc

When I got my '11WK2X I read the owners manual on CD, and I believe it was in there that the fob recharge instructions may have been stated; not 100% sure though. Anyways, I did try to recharge my low fob battery that way on a few occasions to give it plenty of a chance and it did not work. Just had to buy a new battery.
Erikasjgc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 10:31 AM   #223
chickdr
2014 WK 

I was told by my dealer(not sure if it is accurate) if the battery in the fob is dead you can still get enough juice to start the car by placing it directly over the PTS button. This should get the car started until you can replace the battery.
chickdr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2014, 08:54 AM   #224
2kg4u
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdr View Post
I was told by my dealer(not sure if it is accurate) if the battery in the fob is dead you can still get enough juice to start the car by placing it directly over the PTS button. This should get the car started until you can replace the battery.
That is correct, and is mentioned in the owner's manual. The specific part that needs to be close to the PTS button is the head of the removable key, right where the key ring attaches. I believe this will start the vheicle even if the battery in the FOB is completely dead.
2kg4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2014, 07:07 AM   #225
StaticFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamoleh View Post
Found a new one:-

If you press both buttons in picture at the same time for about 6-7 seconds the Head unit will reboot.

Update: Found engineering mode and dealer mode in the Head Unit (Diff. sequence of buttons)
this should NOT ever be needed... if you are rebooting it because you are having issues like the unit is blacking out, freezing up, etc you need to have your radio replaced. The reboot is for the engineering mode you discovered (which btw - be VERY VERY cautious in there! You can really mess it up! lol) - so if changes are made - the radio would need to be rebooted.
StaticFX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.