Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Easter Eggs

516K views 481 replies 216 participants last post by  stevegern1 
#1 ·
Post up those Easter Egg touches that Jeep claims you will find as you own the vehicle. I can continually edit the first post so that there is one easy to see list for all right at the top... I will even give you the credit. Alright, let's start:

Headlights: You will see a Jeep emblem molded into the headlight. Jeep states this in the sales brochure and I think that is where they talk about the little touches - Luckrider

Sun Visors: When you unclip them (to swing towards the window) they also slide out to get into position where you need them so that light isn't coming between the door and visor. - Luckrider

Rear Window Switches: With the lights on, they get lit up. If you lock the rear windows so that the rear passengers can't operate them, the light goes out.

Center Console: There is a little cubby in the lid. It looks like it would be a great place to hide papers or something like a small map (or maybe some hidden emergency cash). The actual purpose is to house a small package of tissues - Luckrider (Thanks to Justal13 for the exact use).

Front Windows: You can roll them down with the remote. Just unlock the Jeep, let go of the button, and them immediately push the button and hold. It takes about 2 seconds before they start going down, and then they go until you release the button (not everyone knows this). - Luckrider

Rear Glass Latch: Just because you don't have the fancy auto glass and hatch doesn't mean you can't unlock just the hatch. If you take the remote apart and click (2x) the lower left button with the black part that is normally used to contact one of the other buttons, the latch will pop and you can open it without unlocking the Jeep. That would be useful when dropping stuff off... now if only you could find the rubber skin to make it work without taking the remote apart (I am sure you can actually do that). Found that out while waiting in the Jeep bored playing with everything I could.-Luckrider

Super Sexy Electric Speedo: If you have the 430N (might work with the other nav radio), if you touch the box that displays your speed (when on map) it will bring up another screen that shows an odometer, speedometer on the left, average moving speed, average speed (includes stopped), and fastest speed driven. - Luckrider

Massive Hidden Cargo Bin: There is a huge cargo compartment under the driver's seat. Same size as the battery compartment under the passenger side, and the lid even has instruction for changing the battery (which isn't in that compartment). - Luckrider

Spare Cover Flap Hook: There is a sweet hook in the lid for the spare tire that can be used to hold it up when you need to get stuff in the cargo area there, or for getting the spare out. You guys know there are 2 cargo bins there right? - Luckrider

Rewind the Radio: On the 430N while listening to the radio... Hit The rewind button ie '<<'. You have to hit the button marked replay before this will work though. - Celly

Headrest Adjustments: That headrest does more than just go up and down, you know. It has the ability to tilt forward and back too. - plynn7

See less See more
#2 ·
Bump... nobody has anything to add to this?

Anyway, I found these two when vacuuming the Jeep the other day.

1. There is a huge cargo compartment under the driver's seat. Same size as the battery compartment under the passenger side, and the lid even has instruction for changing the battery (which isn't in that compartment).

2. There is a sweet hook in the lid for the spare tire that can be used to hold it up when you need to get stuff in the cargo area there, or for getting the spare out. You guys know there are 2 cargo bins there right?

Editing the first post to include this stuff.

#3 ·
1. There is a huge cargo compartment under the driver's seat. Same size as the battery compartment under the passenger side, and the lid even has instruction for changing the battery (which isn't in that compartment).
I found that compartment when dismantling the car looking for the battery...Mine has some kind of electronic module in there, whats that for?

#4 ·
Hmmm... didn't know the compartment was used for anything. Do you have the QL? According to the pic below, it looks like a control module for it:

#5 ·
No QL, I went to get a closer look at it. Has two wire bundles connected and is about the size of a hard drive, although much lighter than one. I took the numbers off it. Best i could find is it is the transfer case control module 56029423AE in the parts manual. The module I have says P56029423AH.

#8 ·
Please... do describe how to make that work and I will put that in there. I am putting in things that are easter eggs, or just features that people might not know about.

#10 ·
Added. I will have to try that when I get a chance :thumbsup:

#16 ·
I am curious to see if ours does. I have seen the cutout in the top of the seat before like it could.

#19 ·
Apologies if this is more of a "negative" easter egg:
At night the controls for the electric windows on the driver's door are illuminated, but the controls for the elctric mirrors aren't......Why?

Daniele

PS: love the sun visors, after decades of poor sunvisor engineering, somebody has finally come up with the most basic yet pratical solution! :thumbsup:

#20 ·
Don't know if this is an Easter egg or a case of RTFM but ... While in fuel economy mode on the evic hold the select button(arrow) on steering wheel for 3-4 secs and the DTE resets. Found this out by accident on the freeway. 50+ mpg with 5.7 eat that prius. Obv. It went down to 15 mpg after a few miles.

Attachments

#21 ·
It doesn't reset the DTE, it resets the average.

#25 ·
Here's another, if you press the unlock button twice on the key fob and hold the button down on the second press the front window will go down. Good for rolling the windows down on a hot day before you reach your jeep.

Edit: Sorry did not see this was already posted.

#26 ·
Here's another, if you press the unlock button twice on the key fob and hold the button down on the second press the front window will go down. Good for rolling the windows down on a hot day before you reach your jeep.
Just to confirm this since I've seen it talked about on another thread but this feature does not exist in 2012 WK2s.

#27 ·
Are you sure? It is odd that they would strip out that option.

#30 ·
Ya, I'm sure, I tried it several times. It was a loaded up limited. I'll keep checking every time I drive one of the new '12 WKs.

#482 ·
Snowmants,
Thanx for the post!
We bought this 2011 JGC and in all these years and miles,93K, we never knew about about the flashlite or front window feathers.
These features and many others are not on my wifes 2023 JGC. To name a few- flip up rear window, skid plate, frt. hooks, and more stuff I can't remember. (I'm old) Only to be replaced by hundreds of electronic doodads.

My wife loves her new car. Both happy in Jeep Land!

#29 ·
I read about the tab in the book, but I didn't see it the one time I looked. I would believe that it was farther down than I was looking though.

#31 ·
Damn, that is sad. It is a pretty neat feature, and it is something that I know other Lux Brands have. Did this happen to be a new inventory vehicle, or something that already went through the PDI?

#32 ·
Ya, all Jeeps are PDIed before I take them. Only once that I gotten my hands on were the Fiats we just got, they were annoying to handle without being PDIed, like nothing worked except basic driving operation of the vehicle.