Easter Eggs - Page 11 - JeepForum.com

 10Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #151 of 430 Old 12-17-2012, 11:43 AM
WvTaco
Registered User
2011 WK 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Logan
Posts: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeprenzag View Post
The SIDE mirrors dim automatically at night when headlights from other cars shine at you from behind. Its fun to watch the mirrors change...pretty amazing actually. (By the way, I'm not talking about the rear view mirror...we all know that one dims automatically).
My larado x doesn't have that option.

WvTaco is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #152 of 430 Old 12-17-2012, 10:18 PM
Tephlon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Longview
Posts: 3
I'm not sure what package they're a part of, but i can confirm that my '12 Overland Summit DOES have the auto-dimming side mirrors.

Current Jeeps:
'90 YJ I6
'02 KJ V6 Limited 4x4
'12 WK2 V8 Overland Summit 4x4
Tephlon is offline  
post #153 of 430 Old 12-18-2012, 08:12 AM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced
 
ColdCase's Avatar
2011 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 8,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by WvTaco View Post
My larado x doesn't have that option.
Option packages that vary with year give you either drivers side or both. At one time both sides were standard on all overlands, now only the drivers side I think. The sensor in the rear view mirror controls all mirrors.

Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
ColdCase is online now  
post #154 of 430 Old 12-18-2012, 11:05 PM
shekshishekki
Registered User
2013 WK 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Germantown
Posts: 270
My '13 overland has auto dimming side and rear view mirrors.
shekshishekki is offline  
post #155 of 430 Old 12-20-2012, 09:40 AM
n0bread
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Poughkeepsie
Posts: 14
For 13 limited and up has dimming side view mirrors.
n0bread is offline  
post #156 of 430 Old 12-22-2012, 11:01 PM
jgc4ever
Registered User
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Omaha
Posts: 385
When I drive to work in the morning the sun shines through just above the rear view mirror. I discovered if I leave the sunglass holder open it blocks the sun. Very happy to have found a solution to this problem I was having with the sunlight. It blocks most of the rear view mirror but just enough of the mirror still is available to see behind.
Mike-Mike likes this.
jgc4ever is offline  
post #157 of 430 Old 12-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Heath
Registered User
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Shreveport
Posts: 2,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgc4ever
When I drive to work in the morning the sun shines through just above the rear view mirror. I discovered if I leave the sunglass holder open it blocks the sun. Very happy to have found a solution to this problem I was having with the sunlight. It blocks most of the rear view mirror but just enough of the mirror still is available to see behind.
Not an Easter egg per se, but smart and a handy hint! Thanks!

2013 JKU Rubicon
Heath is offline  
post #158 of 430 Old 12-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Jackal01
Moderator
 
Jackal01's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
Not an Easter egg per se, but smart and a handy hint! Thanks!
fify

2011 Billet JKUS


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jackal01 is offline  
post #159 of 430 Old 01-01-2013, 09:22 AM
Fellows
Registered User
2011 WK 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Summerville
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase

Option packages that vary with year give you either drivers side or both. At one time both sides were standard on all overlands, now only the drivers side I think. The sensor in the rear view mirror controls all mirrors.
Downside to the way the side mirrors work, is if you don't have any glare on the rear view mirror sensor ( like when someone has bright lights hitting your side mirror from the lane next to you) they won't dim. They really need a sensor for each mirror.
Fellows is offline  
post #160 of 430 Old 01-07-2013, 09:15 PM
jeepowner13
Registered User
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: atlanta
Posts: 6
key fob

2012 fob still has rear glass pop up. The soft key (lower left) just isn't connected
jeepowner13 is offline  
post #161 of 430 Old 01-16-2013, 11:29 PM
Froggy32701
Registered User
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Redmond
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepJeep2012 View Post
My Sig P938 fits in that top cubby perfectly!
Glock 26 fits in the top compartment lol
Froggy32701 is offline  
post #162 of 430 Old 01-22-2013, 09:46 AM
TonyD315
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Maspeth
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd31
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but today I learned that if you're running low on gas, the remote start won't work. At first I thought something was wrong...turned out I was running on empty. Nice feature so you don't inadvertently run out of gas trying to warm up your car.
How low on gas? This morning I went out and tried to auto start my jeep and it wouldn't. Also when I got to the car, the fob wouldn't even unlock it. Nor would it unlock by me grabbing the door handle. The only thing that worked was pushing the button on the handle. It was also 19 degrees out. I am wondering if the cold somehow affected the fob. Anyone have this problem?
TonyD315 is offline  
post #163 of 430 Old 01-22-2013, 11:25 AM
McCombLV
Registered User
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD315

How low on gas? This morning I went out and tried to auto start my jeep and it wouldn't. Also when I got to the car, the fob wouldn't even unlock it. Nor would it unlock by me grabbing the door handle. The only thing that worked was pushing the button on the handle. It was also 19 degrees out. I am wondering if the cold somehow affected the fob. Anyone have this problem?
That sounds like a remote problem. The Jeep, at least mine, will still start until the computer sends out the "low fuel" warning, then it turns off. Only about 10 seconds.
McCombLV is offline  
post #164 of 430 Old 01-22-2013, 11:37 AM
TonyD315
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Maspeth
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCombLV

That sounds like a remote problem. The Jeep, at least mine, will still start until the computer sends out the "low fuel" warning, then it turns off. Only about 10 seconds.
Any chance it was just because it was so cold out? It's still about 21 degrees out. I'm going to give it another shot. I'm hoping it was just because it was so cold out this morning and not a faulty key fob.
TonyD315 is offline  
post #165 of 430 Old 01-22-2013, 12:37 PM
RumUNT
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD315 View Post
Any chance it was just because it was so cold out? It's still about 21 degrees out. I'm going to give it another shot. I'm hoping it was just because it was so cold out this morning and not a faulty key fob.
I just picked up my 2013 Limited yesterday and the dealer told me that below 1/4 tank the remote start does not work.
RumUNT is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Jeep's Easter Jeep Safari Pic's kkuntz01 WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum 1 04-19-2011 04:14 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome