Is the Durango going away? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Is the Durango going away?

Tactical Recovery Equipment Soft Shackles!!!50% Off Sale at KrawlOff-Road.com50" LED CREE Light Bar Pair With Wiring Kit

Unread 03-22-2015, 10:57 AM   #1
WaterDoc
2012 WK 

Is the Durango going away?

Anyone know?

WaterDoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2015, 12:36 PM   #2
Morax
One Life. Live it!

2014 WK 

In 2017, Dodge will release an SRT version of the new Journey and a new Durango. So I guess they plan to keep it around for a few years! Well, these are rumours and scoops!
Morax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2015, 04:36 PM   #3
wyat72
2011 WK 

No, not anytime soon.
Unread 03-22-2015, 05:30 PM   #4
kkuty
2011 WK 

I thought I read the Durango was gone after 2015? Rumors that Jeep was bringing back a Commander equivalent to compete with 3rd row of seating?
kkuty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2015, 05:44 PM   #5
jim_in_PA
2012 WK 

Jeep is currently planning on a Grand Wagoneer vehicle that will bring the third row capability to the Jeep lineup. If I'm remembering clearly, that's in the 2017-2018 timeframe. I'm not sure about the future status of Durango at this point because the Dodge nameplate is currently planned to be the "performance" brand for Chrysler going forward in addition to providing mainstream vehicles. (All the SRTs move there with the exception of the JGC SRT, which happens to be the best selling SRT and is being left alone because of it) Articles I've read on Dodge roadmap have not indicated it's going away right now. Given that FCA plans on a brand new platform for JGC for the MY18 production, it will be interesting if they continue Durango at that point since it's built on the same line with most of the same parts as JGC.
Unread 03-23-2015, 12:37 PM   #6
marko138
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_in_PA View Post
Jeep is currently planning on a Grand Wagoneer vehicle that will bring the third row capability to the Jeep lineup. If I'm remembering clearly, that's in the 2017-2018 timeframe. I'm not sure about the future status of Durango at this point because the Dodge nameplate is currently planned to be the "performance" brand for Chrysler going forward in addition to providing mainstream vehicles. (All the SRTs move there with the exception of the JGC SRT, which happens to be the best selling SRT and is being left alone because of it) Articles I've read on Dodge roadmap have not indicated it's going away right now. Given that FCA plans on a brand new platform for JGC for the MY18 production, it will be interesting if they continue Durango at that point since it's built on the same line with most of the same parts as JGC.
If that's true I hope it's awesome. Might keep me in a Jeep a while longer.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2015, 01:06 PM   #7
BlckWK2
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_in_PA View Post
it will be interesting if they continue Durango at that point since it's built on the same line with most of the same parts as JGC.
Rumors may have it that the Grand Wagoneer will replace the Durango on the same line as the JGC. But that is all it was, rumors.
BlckWK2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2015, 02:13 PM   #8
jim_in_PA
2012 WK 

Yea, it's still too soon to see what the impact on Durango will be once the Grand Waggie is back in the picture, but the latter is on the current published roadmaps for Jeep from FCA. I don't think the timing for GW is coincidence relative to the platform change for JGC for MY18, either.
Unread 03-24-2015, 08:27 PM   #9
Reswob
1998 ZJ 

Word is the Durango, which is selling very well, will be axed to make way for the Grand Wagoneer, which was a total flop the last time they tried it (as the Commander). Way to go Fiat...
Unread 03-24-2015, 10:48 PM   #10
wyat72
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reswob View Post
Word is the Durango, which is selling very well, will be axed to make way for the Grand Wagoneer, which was a total flop the last time they tried it (as the Commander). Way to go Fiat...
Don't spread Internet rumors. Durango is going to be around for at least 5 more years.

Btw, without FIAT there would be no Durango to have rumors about.
Unread 03-25-2015, 05:30 AM   #11
BlckWK2
2014 WK 

Quote:
The Commander (XK) was designed and built well before Fiat's time. It was axed just after Fiat's initial acquisition with Chrysler (2009) and the last model year for the Commander was 2010. That same year the newly redesigned Durango took the Commanders place alongside the Jeep Grand Cherokee production line.

For 2015/16, Fiat has begun to produce its luxury SUV, the Maserati Levante. This gem will arrive to Maserati dealerships in the US this year and should be a great option for those already looking at Porsche, BMW X6, or Range Rover.

I wouldn't hold my breath that the Grand Wagoneer will be a huge seller. It will be a low production, luxury SUV. Who knows though, things change. I remember seeing the Jeep Gladiator Truck concept and rumors indicating it would be a 2014 MY truck from Jeep (this was back in 2008/9).
BlckWK2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 06:26 PM   #12
GreatDaneLvr
2011 WK 

Quote:
Fiat really? You must REALLY hate Ferrari, Alfa, and Maserati as well? Geez!

BTW, the Grand Wagoneer will be quite upmarket from the Durango. Jeep is reportedly targeting the GL, MDX, and other luxury 3 rowers. It is said to have the a completely separate interior and Jeep is already confirmed to receive the new 400hp+ Turbo Pentastar.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.