Does install of brake controller activate the trailer charging circuit?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Does install of brake controller activate the trailer charging circuit??

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 06-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #1
gowestwardho

Does install of brake controller activate the trailer charging circuit??

I have a 2012 GC Overland with the HD Trailer Tow Pkg IV.

I am getting a brake controller for the new travel trailer I bought.

Does installing this automatically activate the charging circuit which is one of the lines running to the 7 prong plug on the bumper? Or do I also need to run a line for that somewhere/somehow?

Basically I want to know that if I installed the brake controller myself will I then have the charge circuit wiring to charge the trailer batteries while I am running? Or do I also need to have someone run this wiring? (In which case I might as well have a trailer jockey do the entire install for me?

Thank you.

gowestwardho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 01:03 AM   #2
loveracing1988

The charging circuit should work automatically whether you have the brake controller or not. Installing a brake controller would have no affect on that, they are 2 different circuits.
loveracing1988 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.