Does anyone make slip-on towing mirrors for 2014 Grand Cherokee? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Does anyone make slip-on towing mirrors for 2014 Grand Cherokee?

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Jeep Forum Discount is ON!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 06-01-2015, 02:09 PM   #1
scooper77515

Does anyone make slip-on towing mirrors for 2014 Grand Cherokee?

I have searched ebay and did google searches, but it seems like nobody is making them yet.

I am looking for something like this...

scooper77515 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2015, 06:51 AM   #2
mfonseca
2015 WK 

I was not able to find anything that slips on. I purchase a set of JR Grand Aero Towing Mirrors and I love them. They simply clamp on and you can adjust how far they extend out. They have worked great so far.
mfonseca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2015, 07:04 AM   #3
mfonseca
2015 WK 

Here are a couple of pics...

attach]2157858[/attach]

img_20150516_171502256.jpg
img_20150516_171450283.jpg  

Last edited by mfonseca; 06-02-2015 at 09:52 AM..
mfonseca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2015, 10:21 AM   #4
scooper77515

Hey! Those look great!

Do they vibrate in the wind at all?
Unread 06-02-2015, 11:59 AM   #5
mfonseca
2015 WK 

They vibrate a little bit at higher speeds but you can still see clearly. The vibration is only a small amount and not enough to make them feel unsecure. They also have a smaller version that is a tear drop shape but I chose the larger ones. They are pricey but worth it.
Unread 06-02-2015, 05:00 PM   #6
scooper77515

If you could choose again, would you go for the tear drops, or stick with the bigger rectangular ones?
Unread 06-02-2015, 06:40 PM   #7
mfonseca
2015 WK 

I would stick with the large ones. These allow me to rotate them to the vertical position so that I can see from the trailer tires all the way up the side. I wanted to be able to see as much as possible.
Unread 06-03-2015, 05:16 AM   #8
scooper77515

Oh, good point.

Well I purchased a set of the square ones yesterday. I read the website and they boast being wind-tested to 240 mph for vibration and stability, so...when I drive 220 they should be fine.

I saw several others for $20-$50 but you know how they say...get what you pay for.

Thanks for your help!
Unread 06-04-2015, 07:12 PM   #9
scooper77515

Ordered them on the 2nd, and estimated delivery was Wednesday the 10th. We got them TODAY on the 4th!!! Free shipping!

Talk about great service!!!

We bought them from ebay from seller sales4lesstou, if anybody wants to do business with them.
Unread 06-21-2015, 11:46 AM   #10
scooper77515

From another thread where someone asked me to post on how well these worked out for me...

OK, got motivated to do it this morning. Mounted one on the jeep, and the other on my truck. Test drove with the truck. First position I did not like as much, but that is the position I made the short video of. There is a little bit of vibration, but not so much that the mirrors are rendered useless. I think if i pulled them closer to the original mirror I would lose some of the vibe.

After i got back home, I moved them a couple more times, and found a position I liked better. I might even cut off some of the pole so I can bring them in a little closer, but not until I have tried this while actually towing the trailer first, and I find that I can live without the extra couple inches.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.