discount on extended warranty from Chrysler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > discount on extended warranty from Chrysler

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 02-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
JDR
2012 XJ Cherokee 

discount on extended warranty from Chrysler

I purchased a Chrysler extended warranty for my JGC last month. I know most people don't believe in extended warranties, neither do I, but I keep vehicles to well past 150,000 miles and have consistently noted that after 100,000 miles things start to go wrong. My last vehicle needed a computer module and a/c repair after 100,000 miles that cost a lot more to repair than the new extended warranty cost.

So I purchased the unlimited miles/unlimited time factory warranty for $1386 less than what my dealer offered it ($1900 for what my dealer offered at $3286). Now, 1 month later, there is a $205 discount. Of course there is -- because it is too late for me!

So, if you are considering an extended warranty, here is the information for the discount. Offer ends February 7, 2012

"Simply visit www.ChryslerWarrantys.com and use PROMO CODE L49226 and $205 will be deducted from any plan you choose. This is a real Chrysler backed extended warranty, honored by every Chrysler dealer in the country. You can be covered up to 100,000 miles, with the most extensive coverage available. Save hundreds $$$$ over regular dealer pricing. We sell in volume and pass the savings on to you. "

JDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #2
rockit
2012 WK 

Usually when you get a quote from any warranty co including Chryslerwarranty.com and you stall for a week or three they email you with a discounted price code try to call them you have nothing to loose.
rockit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
JDR
2012 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockit View Post
Usually when you get a quote from any warranty co including Chryslerwarranty.com and you stall for a week or three they email you with a discounted price code try to call them you have nothing to loose.
I was thinking about trying that. You are right, not a thing to lose
Unread 02-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #4
MonteJeep
2012 WK 

Which extended warranty did you get? the max care?
Unread 02-02-2012, 02:00 PM   #5
rustyosaurus
2012 WK 

1900 is the cheapest that you can get it for. I also got my dealer to match that price. If you go onto the chryslerwarranty.com site and enter that promo code you'll see the price is still like $2040 even with the $205 discount.

i think you got the best price. i assume this was for lifetime max care.
rustyosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #6
JDR
2012 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyosaurus View Post
1900 is the cheapest that you can get it for. I also got my dealer to match that price. If you go onto the chryslerwarranty.com site and enter that promo code you'll see the price is still like $2040 even with the $205 discount.

i think you got the best price. i assume this was for lifetime max care.
Yes, it was for the lifetime max care. They must have had a price increase since I bought in January
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:00 AM   #7
RichP
2011 WK 

Thank you for posting this, I'm picking up my 2011 this afternoon and plan to buy and ext plan
RichP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2012, 04:43 PM   #8
mbwd
2008 JK Wrangler 

Whatever you do, do NOT buy it from Chrysler Factory Plans (i.e., Howard Ziegler). I bought mine in December 2011. They never issued the policy, despite charging my card immediately. Despite numerous emails (some very angry!), they did not respond at all. I had to challenge the charge with my credit card company. Unbelievable!
mbwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #9
MrSpeed
2012 WK 

Thanks for the warning, mbwd.
MrSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #10
LouisC9999

We recently bought a new 2011 WK2 Limited and got the Chrysler Max Care (unlimited time/miles, everything covered) 'thrown in' for $1486.

I was wondering if I'd gotten a good deal and, after reading this and other similar threads, I'm very happy with the deal that we got

I keep logging into the warranty section at www.jeep.com just to make sure that it still reads "Max Care" (yep, still does).
Unread 03-18-2012, 04:24 AM   #11
rockit
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisC9999 View Post
We recently bought a new 2011 WK2 Limited and got the Chrysler Max Care (unlimited time/miles, everything covered) 'thrown in' for $1486.

I was wondering if I'd gotten a good deal and, after reading this and other similar threads, I'm very happy with the deal that we got

I keep logging into the warranty section at www.jeep.com just to make sure that it still reads "Max Care" (yep, still does).
How long after your purchase do you have to buy a Max care plan before price increases?
rockit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 05:44 AM   #12
JDR
2012 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbwd View Post
Whatever you do, do NOT buy it from Chrysler Factory Plans (i.e., Howard Ziegler). I bought mine in December 2011. They never issued the policy, despite charging my card immediately. Despite numerous emails (some very angry!), they did not respond at all. I had to challenge the charge with my credit card company. Unbelievable!
Wow, you had an unfortunate experience. I bought from them and everything went very smoothly. I got the paperwork in the mail within a week. And it was exactly the same as the paperwork I received from the extended warranty sold by my dealership for $1400 more, that I subsequently cancelled.
Unread 03-18-2012, 05:47 AM   #13
JDR
2012 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisC9999 View Post

I was wondering if I'd gotten a good deal and, after reading this and other similar threads, I'm very happy with the deal that we got .
You got a great deal, congrats. Keep in mind that in most states, you can transfer the warranty to the next owner. In Florida, there is a $50 fee to transfer to a new owner. I figure that makes the vehicle worth more when selling.
Unread 03-18-2012, 07:29 AM   #14
HackFabrication
1976 CJ5 

Current best price on http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com for the lifetime with $100 deduct on a 2011 GC under 5K miles and 6 months age is $2065. Promotion code 71555.
Unread 03-18-2012, 08:03 AM   #15
Redboots
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I don't understand spending money on an extended warranty when it's covered anyway for 3 / 36. Who knows what will happen in 3 years? Most people won't own the car anyway in spite of what they think on the day of purchase. Usually, as you get towards the end of the 3 / 36 warranty, you're contacted and solicited to purchase a warranty extension. Why not make the decision then? What are you getting out of the extended warranty anyway while it's covered by the factory warranty, besides a payment, and a giant PITA if you have to try and use it from what I've seen posted.
Redboots is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.