Diesels - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Diesels

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 05-24-2014, 08:46 AM   #1
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Diesels

This thread is a place for WK2 diesel descriptions, technical discussion, issues, and references to technical topics and modification threads. The advantages and disadvantages of one powerplant over another should be discussed in the main forum section as well a any common WK2 chassis and suspension components.

Technical Descriptions:

2011+ VM Motori V6 Diesel Engines

DEF and SCR FAQ

Discussion Topic Links:

At Banks for Tuning

Whats Better About Diesels

3.0L V6

DEF Injector Vulnerability

DEF Fluid Level on Delivery

The 2014 Ecodiesels Experience

Owners Reports

Ordering an Ecodiesel

ColdCase is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2014, 08:47 AM   #2
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Reserved
ColdCase is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2014, 09:43 PM   #3
dieseldoozy

Diesel Fuel

Anyone have suggestions, or tips on getting diesel fuel? I have a few locations that sell diesel, including a Kroger gas stop and shell station, but I wanted to make sure I was fully informed before just going to one down the street.

Thanks!
dieseldoozy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2014, 04:00 PM   #4
leonbmx
2014 WK 

Hi, I don't know if this is the right location for this question, so feel free to (re)move from this thread if not.

First off, this is my first Jeep/ off road capable vehicle and I am excited to go explore more. In the process, I am looking for some better off road tires than the Lattitudes that are stock on the DGC, and I came across a post about using the 2013-up Rubicon 17" wheels on a GC.

Now I know that the '14 DGC has the Heavy Duty (HD) brakes, but over the last few days, I have read conflicting stories about people being able to use the rubicon setup with minor adaptations. Another option I see a lot is the use of spacers, but I am a little concerned that the "aero" mode of the Quadra Lift Air Suspension may make the wheels rub.

My question is, does any DGC owner out here have first hand experience with running these particular wheels?
leonbmx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2014, 07:09 AM   #5
diverb

2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldoozy View Post
Anyone have suggestions, or tips on getting diesel fuel? I have a few locations that sell diesel, including a Kroger gas stop and shell station, but I wanted to make sure I was fully informed before just going to one down the street.

Thanks!
As a longtime diesel vehicle owner, I recommend only buying diesel from truck stops or gas stations that have high volume diesel sales. Reason being the less time diesel sits in the underground tanks, the less likely hood of water and other containments to form in the fuel.
Unread 08-26-2014, 09:37 PM   #6
chadg2
2014 WK 

Anyone putting in Power Service w/Cetane booster when filling up? Should boost MPG. Company says "it's safe for the new diesels" Used it in my 06' Ram 5.9L Cummins mixed with Mystery Oil. Blew lots of black smoke.
chadg2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2014, 10:04 AM   #7
NDSU_Bison
2014 WK 

Most people recommend going to a busy station since they are more likely to have fresh diesel. Algae can grow in diesel fuel although I' m not sure how long it has to sit before that happens.

When I'm out of town, I go to places near the freeways that are likely to be used by RVs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldoozy View Post

Thanks!
NDSU_Bison is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2014, 07:53 AM   #8
Jason911
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadg2 View Post
Anyone putting in Power Service w/Cetane booster when filling up? Should boost MPG. Company says "it's safe for the new diesels" Used it in my 06' Ram 5.9L Cummins mixed with Mystery Oil. Blew lots of black smoke.
Have been running it in mine for the last month - haven't seen any gains per say, but with the rapid temperature flux its hard to gauge.
Jason911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2014, 01:39 PM   #9
Bullheadbud
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadg2 View Post
I have had many diesel cars and trucks over the 50+ years I've driven. I have tried numerous diesel additives and have come to the conclusion, additives do not provide any measurable difference in mileage or performance. Does provide quieter running engine in some diesel engines. Some I've owned: Ford power stroke, v.w. (several), Peugeot, Mercedes, 2006 Jeep Libby.
Bullheadbud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2014, 01:22 PM   #10
DirtEmax-USMC

Fuel: great point mentioned above to picking up at truck stops. I have had a few diesels and my wife currently drives the ecodiesel while I drive my duramax. Pay the extra couple cents per gallon and make a difference.

Additive: I find the best thing is Amsoil additive. I put injector cleaner and cetain boost every third fill up. The cetain boost will give you a cleaner and more through burn and the injector cleaner keeps those expensive injectors working at peak performance. I would use it more frequently if I did a lot of city driving (every other fill up).

DEF: no need to pick up your DEF fluid from MOPAR. Blue Def works great. Wal-Mart sells it and so do a lot of local/national truck stops. Fill up at a diesel pump too if your truck stop has one. It's WAAAYYY cheaper.

Oil Changes on the VM motor:
Change it before it gets to 20%. I do 30% then I change her oil. Remember LOW SULFER EURO oil is the ticket. Filters are costly but do that with it of course. We have almost 18,000 mi on our jeep so we have done this a couple times. If you go the dealer route do your homework. 3 jeep dealers around here and 1 has done a jeep oil change (diesel) and still messed it up.

Fuel Filter: extremely important.
90% of fuel filters go by mileage. I would recommend changing the FF on these every 20k/mi

This is a labor of love and not a cheap one but if you do it right your diesel will last a whole (200k plus)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
DirtEmax-USMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2014, 10:16 PM   #11
volvite
1999 WJ 

My brother ordered a 2015 Diesel from the TX group buy. He just picked up his jeep on Friday evening and then drove it from TX to WA. He drove 2219 miles at 80+ MPH and averaged 27.9miles/gal. I'd say that's good considering the speed and the elevation climbs he made from TX to CO, and MT.
volvite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 11:16 PM   #12
10Xk
2010 XK Commander 

Some more links to discussions.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/...lemon-2880753/

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/...often-2786394/

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/...iable-2861801/
10Xk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.