JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/)
-   -   Diesels (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/diesels-2438921/)

ColdCase 05-24-2014 07:46 AM

Diesels

This thread is a place for WK2 diesel descriptions, technical discussion, issues, and references to technical topics and modification threads. The advantages and disadvantages of one powerplant over another should be discussed in the main forum section as well a any common WK2 chassis and suspension components.

Technical Descriptions:

2011+ VM Motori V6 Diesel Engines

DEF and SCR FAQ

Discussion Topic Links:

At Banks for Tuning

Whats Better About Diesels

3.0L V6

DEF Injector Vulnerability

DEF Fluid Level on Delivery

The 2014 Ecodiesels Experience

Owners Reports

Ordering an Ecodiesel

ColdCase 05-24-2014 07:47 AM

Reserved

dieseldoozy 06-30-2014 08:43 PM

Diesel Fuel

Anyone have suggestions, or tips on getting diesel fuel? I have a few locations that sell diesel, including a Kroger gas stop and shell station, but I wanted to make sure I was fully informed before just going to one down the street.

Thanks!

leonbmx 07-19-2014 03:00 PM

Hi, I don't know if this is the right location for this question, so feel free to (re)move from this thread if not.

First off, this is my first Jeep/ off road capable vehicle and I am excited to go explore more. In the process, I am looking for some better off road tires than the Lattitudes that are stock on the DGC, and I came across a post about using the 2013-up Rubicon 17" wheels on a GC.

Now I know that the '14 DGC has the Heavy Duty (HD) brakes, but over the last few days, I have read conflicting stories about people being able to use the rubicon setup with minor adaptations. Another option I see a lot is the use of spacers, but I am a little concerned that the "aero" mode of the Quadra Lift Air Suspension may make the wheels rub.

My question is, does any DGC owner out here have first hand experience with running these particular wheels?

diverb 07-22-2014 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieseldoozy (Post 23958186)
Anyone have suggestions, or tips on getting diesel fuel? I have a few locations that sell diesel, including a Kroger gas stop and shell station, but I wanted to make sure I was fully informed before just going to one down the street.

Thanks!

As a longtime diesel vehicle owner, I recommend only buying diesel from truck stops or gas stations that have high volume diesel sales. Reason being the less time diesel sits in the underground tanks, the less likely hood of water and other containments to form in the fuel.

chadg2 08-26-2014 08:37 PM

Anyone putting in Power Service w/Cetane booster when filling up? Should boost MPG. Company says "it's safe for the new diesels" Used it in my 06' Ram 5.9L Cummins mixed with Mystery Oil. Blew lots of black smoke.

NDSU_Bison 08-27-2014 09:04 AM

Most people recommend going to a busy station since they are more likely to have fresh diesel. Algae can grow in diesel fuel although I' m not sure how long it has to sit before that happens.

When I'm out of town, I go to places near the freeways that are likely to be used by RVs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieseldoozy (Post 23958186)

Thanks!

The time now is 03:18 PM.