JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/)
-   -   Diesel US Availability (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/diesel-us-availability-1525708/)

bill-chicago 05-19-2013 11:19 PM

Diesel US Availability

When will Jeep start delivering the ecodiesel engine in the US. Sorry if this has already been posted, I searched but could not find it.

Jason911 05-20-2013 07:38 PM

good question - I too am waiting. Have heard rumors of the launch being pushed back yet again - might not see them until July is the latest rumor

jim_in_PA 05-20-2013 07:57 PM

Production has now slipped into third quarter for North American bound CRD models, according to a well-informed source on another Jeep forum.

Medpilot 05-21-2013 01:09 AM

My local dealer (Phoenix) is saying arrival looks like the end of July.

jaje 05-21-2013 06:51 AM

The name for the WK2 diesel option is EcoDiesel. It is no longer called the CRD (they only used that designation when they were using the mercedes benz 3.0 CRD engine).

Jason911 05-21-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaje
The name for the WK2 diesel option is EcoDiesel. It is no longer called the CRD (they only used that designation when they were using the mercedes benz 3.0 CRD engine).

Purely semantics - Ecodiesel / CRD / diesel = all equal the same thing. And in Australia the 2013 models are called a CRD. Actually, all current non-us jeeps with the Diesel engine are CRD's. Jeep even advertises it on their corporate websites for the respective countries.

gabbagabba 05-21-2013 02:27 PM

Hopefully they will eventually pair it up with a Laredo with ORA I and QD II. + RRO lift, + nice tires and rockrails. and/or Trailhawk with diesel would be great

Jason911 05-21-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabbagabba
Hopefully they will eventually pair it up with a Laredo with ORA I and QD II. + RRO lift, + nice tires and rockrails. and/or Trailhawk with diesel would be great

I would tend to agree with your assessment, if I could acquire a 2014 or 2015 without the Quadra lift air suspension and in a Trailhawk package I would sign and then drive. The Quadra lift is the only limiting factor I can see at least for me. From a longevity standpoint I would like just coils, ORA I & QD II, and 17"/18" wheels - something that has more sidewall, and offers up a better tread pattern. I loved the suede/leather interior that the '13 had, and maybe a couple of different paint options - I'm not one for all the dark metallics of late.

jaje 05-22-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason911 (Post 15461917)
Purely semantics - Ecodiesel / CRD / diesel = all equal the same thing. And in Australia the 2013 models are called a CRD. Actually, all current non-us jeeps with the Diesel engine are CRD's. Jeep even advertises it on their corporate websites for the respective countries.

Shows how much I know! I guess in the US we have to put Eco in all engine names now.

jim_in_PA 05-22-2013 12:47 PM

Latest intelligence on another site also indicates the EPA has not yet approved the JGC diesel for sale in the US. They are pumping them out in large numbers for non-US sales, but until that chit is signed, production cannot ramp up for domestic units.

MickinNY 05-23-2013 08:14 AM

Not yet approved by the EPA? Wouldn't that be one of the first things done before all the hype & marketing? Talk about getting your ducks in order.
I would hope that isn't true.

Dave2002ti 05-23-2013 08:42 AM

Sequester

Not sure how the EPA is being effected but why would you bust your butt if you are a Fed and facing a furlough or furloughed. You just do what you can in your normal workday no more or no less. The tax payers and Congress dont deserve it. Sergio The magnificent can wait.

Texasreb 05-23-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave2002ti (Post 15470378)
Not sure how the EPA is being effected but why would you bust your butt if you are a Fed and facing a furlough or furloughed. You just do what you can in your normal workday no more or no less. The tax payers and Congress dont deserve it. Sergio The magnificent can wait.

The tax payers, you know, the people that he/she is supposed to work FOR don't deserve it? That is truly a sad attitude. The "Fed" should be thankful they have a job unlike many who lost their job and have never recovered their standard of living. There are a lot of people out there who would bust their butt for a decent paycheck and BENEFITS.

Back to diesel talk, I would think they would have gotten approval prior to announcing it's introduction into a model year lineup.

Dave2002ti 05-23-2013 10:38 AM

Fellow taxpayer

Lets see havent had a pay raise in 3 years, Congress and tax payer all think we are lazy and do nothing all day. Just a bunch if file clerks. Back when times were good and the folks in private industry were getting pay raises of 10%+ Feds werent. We got around 3%. Health insurance premiums keep going up.

Tax payers and Congress get what they deserve. Rush Limbaugh should be experienceing Federal employees on a daily basis but no the drug addict is walking free. He should still be doing time and he would if he was african American or Latino. No you all dont deserve it but most of us still bust our butts becuase we care about the country.

Someone at Fiat/Chrylser dropped the ball and did not take ownership of getting the diesel approved for sale. Or this is smoke and mirrors by Sergio to blame the EPA rather than give the real reasons. All Jeep has to is call their Congress person and the approval will sale through EPA in less than 72 hours. Its called a Congressional! But maybe the EPA is too busy investigating the admin's enemies. Those polluters.

Jason911 05-23-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave2002ti
Lets see havent had a pay raise in 3 years, Congress and tax payer all think we are lazy and do nothing all day. Just a bunch if file clerks. Back when times were good and the folks in private industry were getting pay raises of 10%+ Feds werent. We got around 3%. Health insurance premiums keep going up.

Tax payers and Congress get what they deserve. Rush Limbaugh should be experienceing Federal employees on a daily basis but no the drug addict is walking free. He should still be doing time and he would if he was african American or Latino. No you all dont deserve it but most of us still bust our butts becuase we care about the country.

Someone at Fiat/Chrylser dropped the ball and did not take ownership of getting the diesel approved for sale. Or this is smoke and mirrors by Sergio to blame the EPA rather than give the real reasons. All Jeep has to is call their Congress person and the approval will sale through EPA in less than 72 hours. Its called a Congressional! But maybe the EPA is too busy investigating the admin's enemies. Those polluters.

Here we go - the opinionated Dave2002ti is going to ruin yet another thread with his worthless tirade of non-sensical rhetoric and opinions.

The time now is 08:15 AM.