Decision to make?!? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Decision to make?!?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 06-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #16
tdbmd

Thanks. I will look at that. Can they get that at any Jeep dealer?

tdbmd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2013, 04:38 PM   #17
tdbmd

How does the Tread Lightly thing work? I see Jeep is a official partner, but otherwise what is the deal with purchasing at a discount?
Unread 06-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #18
Dave2002ti
Web Wheeler
2012 WK 

Go to their website

You have to join for 3 years and be a member for 30 days and you get the vehicle in stock or special order at 1% under invoice plus any rebates etc.
I dont think most dealers check if you have been a member for 30 days mine didnt. You get a number or something from Tread Lightly that you give to your dealer. Its a good starting point for negotiations. With rebates my 2012 which I purchased last april was about 4% under invoice.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #19
gabbagabba
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabitz View Post
Keep in mind that if you don't get the navigation option now on the 14, you can't add it later. You cannot even add an aftermarket unit to the 14.
That is misleading and more true (just as true and then some) for the 11-13 GC. Example, if you buy a '14 ltd and dont buy the nav it is nav ready and can be added at anytime. That simply is not avail on the '11-13. I looked at a Trailhawk '13 which had everything on my list except nav, it would need a whole new head unit.

So I dont get how you criticize or single out the '14 for that??

OP: find a volume dealer who will do invoice minus holdback. That will be there pants down price. I drove about an hour to find that but will service locally.

Find the damn biggest Jeep dealer you can and chances are they are a volume dealer, they wont make money on the Jeep, they make money on the numbers, add-ons, service
gabbagabba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2013, 07:00 PM   #20
tdbmd

I don't really care about navigation as I have a dash mount Garmin that I use so with or without is not a big deal.

Holdback is usually about 3%, correct?

I may have my answer as the dealer who has the '13 Limited is only willing to go down to $35900 and is $5000 under the other dealer for the CTS trade. So, that looks to make the '14 the better deal. I don't like the Goodyear Fortura tires that are on the Laredo, maybe I can get them to switch for a AT tire like the Firestone Destination AT?
Unread 06-20-2013, 08:08 PM   #21
greytlovers
2014 WK 

If I had to choose between the two I would take the 2014 Laredo (And we just bought the 2014 4x4 GC Limited with all the bells and whistles, MSRP: $46,125)
greytlovers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 05:03 AM   #22
gabbagabba
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdbmd View Post
I don't really care about navigation as I have a dash mount Garmin that I use so with or without is not a big deal.

Holdback is usually about 3%, correct?

I may have my answer as the dealer who has the '13 Limited is only willing to go down to $35900 and is $5000 under the other dealer for the CTS trade. So, that looks to make the '14 the better deal. I don't like the Goodyear Fortura tires that are on the Laredo, maybe I can get them to switch for a AT tire like the Firestone Destination AT?
I used the consumer reports price service which allows you to build your specific model with the options you want, and it will tell you invoice, hold back, etc. to the exact dollar. You can also use it to send a purchase request and dealers will email you with competing offers. Used it several times.

My 14 ltd with ORA II (which includes QL and towing pckg) was 37,999. I added nav to that which was 600, and also added 7 yrs max care.
Unread 06-21-2013, 07:43 AM   #23
tdbmd

Thanks for all the information.

One thing that I have noticed is that many of the Laredo models have QT1 for a 4wd system. Is there much functional difference between the QT1 and QT2 for someone like me, who basically uses 4wd for commuting in bad weather plus hunting, fishing and camping? So, most of my true "off roading" are in the form of muddy or snowy dirt roads and fields to get to campsites or hunting grounds.
Unread 06-21-2013, 07:52 AM   #24
Dabitz

I have owned both system, in my opinion, if you off-road definitively get QT2. On the other hand, QT1 works really well in the snow (paved road) and bad weather. I never tested QT1 in mud, but I wouldn't expect wonders out of it. Sounds like you would be better with QT2.
Dabitz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #25
tdbmd

Thanks. Never having owned a Jeep previously, I didn't really know about the differences in the two systems. I don't need the lift system, as I do not do any rock crawling and we don't have deep sand here in Nebraska, but we do have mud, snow and ice! I have owned 4wd trucks in the past and infrequently needed to use 4 low so didn't know if that was a real need but my wife drives a 2011 Explorer and it has a select tract type system and it does make a positive difference in the snow setting in the winter.
Unread 06-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #26
gabbagabba
2014 WK 

Quote:
Thanks for all the information.

One thing that I have noticed is that many of the Laredo models have QT1 for a 4wd system. Is there much functional difference between the QT1 and QT2 for someone like me, who basically uses 4wd for commuting in bad weather plus hunting, fishing and camping? So, most of my true "off roading" are in the form of muddy or snowy dirt roads and fields to get to campsites or hunting grounds.
You can get QT2 in a laredo with all season/weather or ORA packages
Unread 06-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #27
tdbmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbagabba View Post
You can get QT2 in a laredo with all season/weather or ORA packages
The Laredo that I originally priced is set up this way.
Unread 06-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #28
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
The Laredo that I originally priced is set up this way.
Which one? A Laredo cannot be configured with ORA1 and All Weather both. Unless they have recently changed that.

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #29
loveracing1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post

Which one? A Laredo cannot be configured with ORA1 and All Weather both. Unless they have recently changed that.
They haven't, it is either one or the other.
loveracing1988 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #30
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveracing1988 View Post
They haven't, it is either one or the other.
I was asking him which one he priced originally.

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.