DDM HIDs - Anyone? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > DDM HIDs - Anyone?

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 06-14-2013, 09:18 AM   #1
Carange334

DDM HIDs - Anyone?

Please dont throw me under the bus if i missed it, but I did a search for a while and there was no definative "YES".

Has anyone installed DDM HIDs in their 2011 - 2013 GC? I have a 2012 and I was looking to upgrade to some brighter lights, but I think the GC is CAN-BUS and there might be some problems there? I just dont want to buy the lights for 50-60 bucks and then spend 50-60 bucks trying to get them to not flicker or get the light on the dash to stay off. Auto headlights/day time running lights will not be an issue as I dont leave them on auto. Manually turn them on everytime. Also to cure the dash light problem I can just got with the 55W set to they draw more AMPs I believe. Any input here? Thanks!

Had a set on my old car with ZERO problems and they lasted many many years.

Carange334 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 09:31 AM   #2
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Why not go with Sylvania aftermarkets? I put them in mine and they are brighter than stock. Putting HIDs in the reflector housing (assuming you have a Laredo/Laredo X since your profile is blank) is not designed for HIDs. The other problem with people put in the higher wattage kits and then they are blinding people on the road even if they are adjusted downward. That is not the solution nor is it really considerate of other drivers to put HIDs in a non-projector/HID housing then make it worse by putting in too-bright of a kit.

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #3
koren39

hi, i have bought few kits from them for my truck, they start sellings cheap china kits, i mean you will get even mail package from china man.. in like 10 days.
koren39 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 07:01 PM   #4
koren39

i have. 35w kit,and its very bright hid kit.they saying its lifetime warranty, but i went and bought 2 same kits, just in case they go bad i dont wana stay without lights while i get them back from china
koren39 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #5
loveracing1988

I out them in my wife's 2014 and they work fine, as long as you get the error eliminators and the relay harness. We got the 55 watt 5k for the record, but as you have a 2012 you shouldn't be getting them anyways since as it was said above, you don't have projector housings so you WILL be blinding people.
loveracing1988 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #6
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveracing1988 View Post
Every 2014 has projector housings in them.
Just because you have projector housings does not mean they are made and work with HID bulbs.They do make projector housing for halogen bulbs only.
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:05 AM   #7
goin2drt
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post
Why not go with Sylvania aftermarkets? I put them in mine and they are brighter than stock. Putting HIDs in the reflector housing (assuming you have a Laredo/Laredo X since your profile is blank) is not designed for HIDs. The other problem with people put in the higher wattage kits and then they are blinding people on the road even if they are adjusted downward. That is not the solution nor is it really considerate of other drivers to put HIDs in a non-projector/HID housing then make it worse by putting in too-bright of a kit.
Not to steal the thread but do you care to share the part numbers for those Silvania's. I have a 2013 Trailhawk and the light brightness is pitiful. Coming from HID cars I know it will not be the same but something a little brighter would be nice.

Thanks.
goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #8
bilbo_28
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2drt View Post
Not to steal the thread but do you care to share the part numbers for those Silvania's. I have a 2013 Trailhawk and the light brightness is pitiful. Coming from HID cars I know it will not be the same but something a little brighter would be nice.

Thanks.
Try these:
http://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-Silve...s=sylvania+H11
bilbo_28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #9
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2drt

Thanks.
I sent you a PM.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 07:07 AM   #10
lysol
2013 WK 

I'm running the 55 Watt DDM HID's in 5000k flavor in my motorcycle. I have retrofitted HID projectors from an Infiniti though so I wouldn't be blinding anyone. They have been flawless. Only about a handfull of times did they not fire. With this said, I would not put them behind a projector designed for halogen light nor would I ever put them in a reflective housing that was also designed for halogen light.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.