Daytime running lights keep burning out - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Daytime running lights keep burning out

Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-02-2014, 08:42 AM   #1
tednbauer

Daytime running lights keep burning out

My 2011 GC overland Hemi keeps burning through daytime running lights. I've had to bring it in 5 times now. Currently I just burned out my 3rd left one and have replaced 2 on the right. The entire thing burns out not just the bulb they tell me. Warranty has covered it each time but now I have 40k miles. Anyone else getting this. Is there a fix.

tednbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2014, 09:14 AM   #2
bocajrs
2012 WK 

No problems with the DRL's on my 12 GC Limited.
bocajrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2014, 02:58 PM   #3
drsvelte

We've had at least two (maybe three) burnouts on our 2011 Overland.
drsvelte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2014, 09:24 AM   #4
nubby105
2011 WK 

At least the bulbs are cheap.
nubby105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2014, 03:11 PM   #5
2kg4u
2014 WK 

Any time I experienced bulbs burning out at a higher than normal frequency it was the result of corroded sockets. Sometimes corrected by scraping them clean with whatever will fit in there, other times just replaced the sockets. Sockets that had to be replaced looked everheated, likely caused by the poor contact causing arcing.

Clean the contacts on the socket where the bulb is inserted, and put some dielectric grease in the socket to keep moisture out.
2kg4u is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.