Daytime Running Lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Daytime Running Lights

The Boss is away but Erin is here to STAY with a F.Y.S. SaThe Cure for your Tie Rod Roll!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-26-2015, 02:28 PM   #1
matthewh

Daytime Running Lights

On a 2015 overland can the daytime LED running lights be disabled through setup?

matthewh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2015, 02:37 PM   #2
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Did you bother going through the Nav to see what the options were?

Yes.
Unread 05-26-2015, 04:40 PM   #3
matthewh

I do not own one yet to look at. Still shopping and over hour drive from any dealers with Overlands in stock.
matthewh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2015, 04:54 PM   #4
46er
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh View Post
I do not own one yet to look at. Still shopping and over hour drive from any dealers with Overlands in stock.
Ownership is not a pre-req; you can peruse the manuals here;

http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/manuals/

Have fun
Unread 05-26-2015, 07:48 PM   #5
mandms7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorn View Post
Did you bother going through the Nav to see what the options were?

Yes.
Great way to encourage new users to stick around here. Why bother posting if you're going to be so unhelpful and unfriendly?
mandms7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2015, 05:25 AM   #6
kryogen
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandms7 View Post
Great way to encourage new users to stick around here. Why bother posting if you're going to be so unhelpful and unfriendly?
his point was valid, posting a question before going through the menu or reading the manual is just a bit lazy if you ask me.
Unread 05-27-2015, 06:05 AM   #7
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandms7 View Post
Unhelpful? I answered his question in the first response.

This way he'll learn to do a bit of research before posting a new thread. Or learn to at least provide more information in his original post, like "Hey guys, I don't have a Jeep yet, but would like to know if you can turn off the DRL's."

The forums get cluttered up with a ton of useless or repeat threads because people post a new thread instead of simply using the search function, or just Google, to find the answers they need. I partly blame it on the forums themselves, requiring you to pay for premium membership just to get good answers from the search function.

In conclusion, this thread is perfect for the RTFM emoticon
Unread 05-27-2015, 06:34 AM   #8
divisionbell77

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryogen View Post
his point was valid, posting a question before going through the menu or reading the manual is just a bit lazy if you ask me.
So whats the point of a community/forum? To high five each other for owning a Jeep?

divisionbell77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2015, 06:43 AM   #9
lurtonk
Drive it like u stole it
2015 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorn View Post
Unhelpful? I answered his question in the first response.

This way he'll learn to do a bit of research before posting a new thread. Or learn to at least provide more information in his original post, like "Hey guys, I don't have a Jeep yet, but would like to know if you can turn off the DRL's."

The forums get cluttered up with a ton of useless or repeat threads because people post a new thread instead of simply using the search function, or just Google, to find the answers they need. I partly blame it on the forums themselves, requiring you to pay for premium membership just to get good answers from the search function.

In conclusion, this thread is perfect for the RTFM emoticon
The OP's post didn't bother me at all since I can chose which ones to read and respond.
Your post, OTOH, was totally unnecessary.
Are you a moderator?
Are you charged with keeping this forum cleaned up and running without duplicates?

Next time, just hit the BACK button and move on.
lurtonk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2015, 06:48 AM   #10
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

I see no problem with the OPs question, but it could have been worded a bit differently.

The forum guidelines are:

"As times and members change within this group, some questions may be asked over and over again ...
- - For the oldtimers, please be patient with those who are new.
- - To those who are new, you can search the online databases for answers to your questions. If you feel the answers found do not satisfy you, please don't hesitate to post your question here.
- - Sometimes the answers you are looking for may be in other sections, check there as well, as many questions that are asked about the Compass or Patriot may also apply to other models
- - Don't forget the general sections under "OffRoad Performance" as there is lots of great information in there as well.
- - These forums are here to help in a positive and good natured way, don't be too shy to ask a question or respond with worth while information.

Golden Rule - Respect Yourself & Others
- Respect yourself and respect others, or else you will be banned without warning and the ban will never be released.

Search!
- We cannot stress enough how important it is to SEARCH this forum for answers before starting a new thread. This forum has been around for some time and countless topics have been discussed multiple times. Google is a great tool as well.

Click here for searching Jeep Forum guidance (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...p?p=6875600%94) "
Unread 05-27-2015, 07:23 AM   #11
maznonno
2012 WK 

Social skills, that's all I want people to have, show respect until your not respected then it's ok to be rude back! that's my 2 cents :-)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.