D'Amore Engineering's SEMA show WK2 33s on 20s - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > D'Amore Engineering's SEMA show WK2 33s on 20s

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 06-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #31
Alaska-HWY JK

A vehicle that can't keep 4 tires down any better that that shouldn't leave the pavement. Doesn't matter what crappy tires are on it or the size of the rims. Each to their own but car audio is the last thing I'd spend money on, it's also the first thing that gets shut off when I'm using my Jeeps for what their intended for. Offroading. You need to hear what's going on. Pretty and shiny, good luck with your display. Not what I'd be looking for in a Jeep, I'm sure others will love it.

Alaska-HWY JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 06:17 PM   #32
viperman96
2005 WK 

I think it looks good. I bet they get tons of traffic at their booth.
2005 WK Limited Hemi-Rough Country 2" BB,Spidertrax 1.5" spacers,Moabs w/ BFG Mud terrains 255/75/17,Mopar cai,Diablosport Predator tune,Taylor shortie wires,Monroe LL shocks,Monroe Reflex struts,Flowmaster Super 44 muffler w/ rolled tip(no res.)
viperman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #33
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

Really

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDistortion View Post
You can't even buy one of our amplifiers for $3k. haha just wait for it
I can put together one hell of a used 2 channel home audio system for $3k that will make anything you sell for vehicles sound like an old mono GM mid 60's radio.

$3k+ for car audio amp sorry its a car. Best car audio ever a 57 Ferrari 250TR.

Sorry because of the nature of a vehicles interior no matter how hard you try and how much money you spend it cant compare with a decent run of the mill 2 channel home audio system. Plus home audio has one advantage a vehicle will never be able to overcome analog and a good turntable.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 07:13 PM   #34
NoDistortion
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2002ti View Post
I can put together one hell of a used 2 channel home audio system for $3k that will make anything you sell for vehicles sound like an old mono GM mid 60's radio.

$3k+ for car audio amp sorry its a car. Best car audio ever a 57 Ferrari 250TR.

Sorry because of the nature of a vehicles interior no matter how hard you try and how much money you spend it cant compare with a decent run of the mill 2 channel home audio system. Plus home audio has one advantage a vehicle will never be able to overcome analog and a good turntable.
Couldn't agree with you more on the analog stuff Dave. That is what we are about. We are trying to change the game of car audio. When I was a junior engineer I worked under some of the best in the business @ Hafler. Between my partner and myself, we are bringing 20+ years of that knowledge and experience to mobile audio. We use a rack of Class A and Class A/B analog goodness, turntable and all to do a/b listening tests of our mobile products that we are going to be introducing. There has been nothing like them in the 12V world. I also agree that a vehicle is a horrible environment for a good listening experience, but a great way to enjoy your commute
NoDistortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 09:24 PM   #35
Butterjeep
2012 JK Wrangler 

I love the copper badge, nice touch. Haters gonna hate, lovers gonna love. In this case, I love the ride, not practical off road but is a killer good looking WK. Nice job!
Unread 06-26-2013, 04:43 AM   #36
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

I love show cars as the builder tries sometimes outrageous stuff that I could never attempt. Once in awhile I find something I would love to do and incorporate into my ride. Everyone does 18 inch tires, been there done that, nothing innovative there (IMHO). It is nice to see a different approach. Much innovation stems from folks just going out and trying outrageous things... that sometimes just works, sometimes just don't.

That WK2 is the type that may look a lot better in person than in photos, and should draw a crowd. Opinions about that WK2 are subjective, but there is no question we admire the effort.

Keep the reports of how its working on the street and off road coming.
Unread 06-26-2013, 04:51 AM   #37
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Everyone complaining about the wheels and tire selection and no one has said anything about the junk lift they installed to be able to use the wheels
Of course it just a mall crawler but still you'd think they would at least make it somewhat driveable
Unread 06-26-2013, 05:36 AM   #38
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

That's because there are only a couple options for the WK2 unfortunately. But for what it is the consensus seems to be that it is good.

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 09:01 AM   #39
NoDistortion
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
Everyone complaining about the wheels and tire selection and no one has said anything about the junk lift they installed to be able to use the wheels
Of course it just a mall crawler but still you'd think they would at least make it somewhat driveable
I really have no idea what you guys are talking about with this. This is my daily driver, I drive it a minimum of 30 miles everyday, and I'm not easy on it. I haven't had any issues, tires don't rub no matter what i've tried to do with it thus far.
Unread 06-27-2013, 09:15 AM   #40
gabbagabba
2014 WK 

I think some people here are either feeling negative or jealous. It looks great OP. Rock on
gabbagabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 09:26 AM   #41
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDistortion View Post
I haven't had any issues, tires don't rub no matter what i've tried to do with it thus far.
Nice!

Do you have the exact tire size specs? I am curious.

Unread 06-27-2013, 11:35 AM   #42
NoDistortion
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post
Nice!

Do you have the exact tire size specs? I am curious.
According to their website 32.8 x 12.3 x 20 (315/50ish/20)

It still has plenty of sidewall imo, same amount of sidewall a 30" tire on a 17" wheel has.
Unread 06-27-2013, 03:45 PM   #43
GUNSUP31
2012 WK 

what type of rim is it?
GUNSUP31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 09:38 PM   #44
someschoolkid

Looks good!!

To everyone whining about it: it's a show car. Something designed to attract attention while parked on a carpet. Not worth outfitting it for rock crawling when it's going to sit there and advertise lol
someschoolkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 11:43 AM   #45
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by someschoolkid View Post
To everyone whining about it: it's a show car. Something designed to attract attention while parked on a carpet. Not worth outfitting it for rock crawling when it's going to sit there and advertise lol
Little late to the party. The argument is over, kemo sabe.

Sent from my underground lair.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.