D'Amore Engineering's SEMA show WK2 33s on 20s - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > D'Amore Engineering's SEMA show WK2 33s on 20s

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 06-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #16
Jackal01

2012 WK 

I guess I just do not understand show cars then. I thought it would be to showcase products for a practical use? Maybe not.

Items for sale. See my thread for pictures. PM for details.

K&N 77 series cold air intake

Cobra 75 CB radio
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #17
turbospartan
2012 WK 

I'm pretty sure they built this with big *** mud tires on it so that it grabs attention while driving around.

They are an Audio Engineering company based in Arizona, I believe.

I doubt they are going to do much mudding, let alone even take this wk2 off pavement. Again, the point is to BE SEEN so as to PROMOTE their company.
turbospartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #18
gdash722
2013 WK 

Show vehicles are for exactly as their name states... SHOW. They are not designed for convention, they are made to show off the capabilities of the company and SHOW what they can do. In this case, the company did exterior modifications to grab the attention of people walking by and draw them to look at more of the vehicle... the interior audio section. I think they did a great job, and personally because of the exterior modifications, I would stop and take a closer look at what all had been done to the vehicle.
gdash722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #19
NoDistortion
2013 WK 

The wheels (with the wrangler offset) were chosen so the tires would fit. RRO recommends running 1.5 inch - 2 inch spacer if tires larger than 32" are used. These wheels effectively gave us 1.5" spacers. I'd rather have the wheel do the spacing than run spacers. The wheels are also 1.0" wider than the stock 18s so we effectively got 1" more clearance on the inside and they are pushed out 2" toward the outside (which these wk2s need imo to not look so mini-van-ish). Haven't had any rubbing issues front or rear in any situation yet. The pinch weld in the front wheel wells was easily bent backwards with a large cresent wrench. This, trimming some of the felt, and removing the "reverse mud flaps" that come from the factory on the front was all that was needed to get some man tires on this Jeep.
NoDistortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #20
SLAYER1805
1993 XJ Cherokee 

The owner of this is a car audio legend, he's invented tools that's are changing the car audio world as we speak and not to mention he's worked for a very well known car audio company years ago *cough Rockford Fosgate cough*
SLAYER1805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #21
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAYER1805 View Post
The owner of this is a car audio legend, he's invented tools that's are changing the car audio world as we speak and not to mention he's worked for a very well known car audio company years ago *cough Rockford Fosgate cough*
And? It has nothing to do with Jeeps or 4x4 outfitting/modifications.

We all have our opinions, obviously, and I think it looks funny with large wheels and mud tires. But I don't go to car shows so it really doesn't matter how a show-car looks to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDistortion View Post
The wheels (with the wrangler offset) were chosen so the tires would fit. RRO recommends running 1.5 inch - 2 inch spacer if tires larger than 32" are used. These wheels effectively gave us 1.5" spacers. I'd rather have the wheel do the spacing than run spacers. The wheels are also 1.0" wider than the stock 18s so we effectively got 1" more clearance on the inside and they are pushed out 2" toward the outside (which these wk2s need imo to not look so mini-van-ish). Haven't had any rubbing issues front or rear in any situation yet. The pinch weld in the front wheel wells was easily bent backwards with a large cresent wrench. This, trimming some of the felt, and removing the "reverse mud flaps" that come from the factory on the front was all that was needed to get some man tires on this Jeep.
I am with you on the choosing the wheel to do the spacing. Nice call on that. Glad the pinch weld was easy enough. I haven't done it but plan on when I upgrade from these tires since I will go up in size. Can't wait to see the inside, however.

Cobra 75 CB radio
Unread 06-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #22
chevyaddict
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Before that he was a ASE certified mechanic, It's a show vehicle with the intention of grabbing peoples attention even if its the attention of people asking why he did it. When he gets done with the inside, people wont really even notice the outside.
chevyaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #23
boyvan
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyaddict View Post
It's a show vehicle with the intention of grabbing peoples attention even if its the attention of people asking why he did it.
We have 22 posts already on this so I would say it did grab our attention
Unread 06-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #24
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Built probably for the same reason this was built!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/...or-kk-1083077/

Can't turn the wheels or have any flex but it LOOKS SWEET. It draws attention and IMO that is what a show car is for. None of them are practical
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #25
GUNSUP31
2012 WK 

maybe I missed it, but what is the brand of those wheels? Im liking how the set up looks. and I dont know why everyones hating on this sexy beast of a jeep. This is one of the nicest jeeps on this forum.
GUNSUP31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 03:46 PM   #26
webspoke

This looks great, and the big news is that a 12.5" tire package seems to fit. Just needs some bushwacker flares to finish the look I think (even if those draw lots of bad vibes too)
Unread 06-25-2013, 03:55 PM   #27
Ungerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01
OK...why 20s? Why?
It's ok jackal01 you can take them off and put what wheels you like on it
Ungerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 04:05 PM   #28
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

Legend in Car Audio

Still havent heard any car audio system in any vehicle that cant be beat by $3k 2 channel home system. Thump, thumpa thump just doesnt impress me. And no car audio sub woofers can go as low or sound as good as a good subwoofer from Rel. Oh and I am not talking their top of line subs either. Image and midrange also suck.

BTW you also need to look at the photos of their GC in the parking lot. Come on if your game is car audio stop being poseurs with 20" wheels and MTs from a third rate tire company and playing off road games in a parking lot. If you want to play those games go do it with a Pathfinder or Explorer
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 05:13 PM   #29
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungerer View Post
It's ok jackal01 you can take them off and put what wheels you like on it
haha. I think my questions have been answered enough. It appears I am the only one that doesn't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by webspoke View Post
This looks great, and the big news is that a 12.5" tire package seems to fit. Just needs some bushwacker flares to finish the look I think (even if those draw lots of bad vibes too)
Yea the 12.5" is somewhat good news. Haven't see that. The Bushwackers would possibly make it better but still be even more pointless. The flares look good on the right vehicle but the price is just

Cobra 75 CB radio
Unread 06-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #30
NoDistortion
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2002ti View Post
Still havent heard any car audio system in any vehicle that cant be beat by $3k 2 channel home system. Thump, thumpa thump just doesnt impress me. And no car audio sub woofers can go as low or sound as good as a good subwoofer from Rel. Oh and I am not talking their top of line subs either. Image and midrange also suck.

BTW you also need to look at the photos of their GC in the parking lot. Come on if your game is car audio stop being poseurs with 20" wheels and MTs from a third rate tire company and playing off road games in a parking lot. If you want to play those games go do it with a Pathfinder or Explorer
You can't even buy one of our amplifiers for $3k. haha just wait for it
NoDistortion is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.