Damaged Overland Steering Wheel Trim/Buttons - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 11-04-2015, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
NorthRiver1

Damaged Overland Steering Wheel Trim/Buttons

Hey guys,

I am hoping that I can draw on your knowledge and expertise. I am a long time driver of Cherokees and a Commander, and I have just purchased a '13 Overland Summit for my wife.

It is is beautiful shape, except for the steering wheel. On the left side of the wheel, the buttons are smudged and there's a nick/crack in the plastic just above the VR button. The Jeep is in such great shape that this blemish really bothers me.

Are these parts available? If so, can it be a DIY project, or best left to the dealer?

I am enclosing the best picture I have for your reference.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attached Thumbnails
steeringwheel13.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-04-2015, 06:07 PM
darkrt
2014 WK 

I believe the button covers are replaceable, if not the buttons. Not sure about the other blemished part. Someone will chime in with definite answer.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-04-2015, 07:28 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

You can buy the bezel (4) at the parts counter or forum sponsor moparonlineparts.com, $85-$125. Also the switches (~$100). Look in the steering wheel and trim section. With your VIN, they should be able to get you the right part.

The bezel is attached to the wheel with four screws, but you have to remove the center airbag/horn button (11) to get at the front screws. There are two screws that hold the airbag/horn button to the wheel and a couple connectors that you need to be careful with. The bezel and back (3) snap together, so you'll need to pry them apart. A few screws attach the switches (8 and 9) to the bezel. DIY or not is subjective and depends how much anxiety you have working around an airbag.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 9.27.05 PM.jpg  

Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.