Cupping Tires on 2013 WK2 - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Cupping Tires on 2013 WK2

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 10-16-2013, 12:42 PM   #31
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

???

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilljeepin View Post
Thanks for the feedback on camber but what about caster?
As for "needing" AT's...not really but I do like the look of AT and I do go offroading a few times a year. Nothing crazy though.
I have considered the Toyo's and Bridgestone duelers but got a better price on the coopers. Should I be wary of the coopers? The price difference isn't a ton but I don't want to shell out more $$ than I need to
Cooper was sold to a tire company from India. I would buy Toyo, Michelin, Yokohama or Bridgestone tire over a Cooper or Goodyear any day. How far off is your caster?

You are missing the point the tire contact patch you are riding on is so small the last thing you really want to do is to try to save a few bucks. It isnt worth it. Never buy tires for looks and you dont go offroading enough for A/Ts. I am on farm roads and offroad at least once a week.

Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #32
stilljeepin
1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2002ti View Post

Cooper was sold to a tire company from India. I would buy Toyo, Michelin, Yokohama or Bridgestone tire over a Cooper or Goodyear any day. How far off is your caster?

You are missing the point the tire contact patch you are riding on is so small the last thing you really want to do is to try to save a few bucks. It isnt worth it. Never buy tires for looks and you dont go offroading enough for A/Ts. I am on farm roads and offroad at least once a week.
I didn't think I was sacrificing on quality by going with the coopers so if I could save $$ and still have a good tire...why not?? I know what you were saying about contact patch but again, had thought of coopers as decent quality. I didn't know about them being bought out though.
stilljeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #33
stilljeepin
1978 CJ5 

Quote:

I didn't think I was sacrificing on quality by going with the coopers so if I could save $$ and still have a good tire...why not?? I know what you were saying about contact patch but again, had thought of coopers as decent quality. I didn't know about them being bought out though.
Oh...and my caster is 4.9 on the driver side and 4.6 on the passenger. Not sure what it should be but its "red" on the print out from my last alignment.
Unread 10-16-2013, 08:07 PM   #34
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Oh...and my caster is 4.9 on the driver side and 4.6 on the passenger. Not sure what it should be but its "red" on the print out from my last alignment.
Caster is a non-tire wearing angle,as long as your cross caster is in spec you will not get a pull.More caster the heavier the steering feels at low speed but less twitchy at highway speeds,less caster gives better low speed turing but very twitchy at high speeds.
Unread 10-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #35
stilljeepin
1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post

Caster is a non-tire wearing angle,as long as your cross caster is in spec you will not get a pull.More caster the heavier the steering feels at low speed but less twitchy at highway speeds,less caster gives better low speed turing but very twitchy at high speeds.
Good explanation. Thanks!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.