Couple fo random questions for a 2015 GC - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Couple fo random questions for a 2015 GC

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineCHASSIS SAVERô Labor Day 2 for 1 Sale!!!JKS Flex Connect in Actions!

Unread 08-15-2015, 10:44 AM   #1
Billscarnage

Couple fo random questions for a 2015 GC

In a couple of areas using 4L, there would be some grinding coming from the drivers side front tire. I'm wondering if the clutch isn't fully engaged? I try to give myself 2-3 car lengths to make sure everything is engaged, but it just seems to be coming from the front drivers tire. The first time I went off-road I left the traction control on, but not anymore. Anyone else have this or know what it is?

Is there a way to disable the OD display? I've dug around, but can't find anything. I'm not a fan of watching the miles tick by since it's always on.

For anyone who has gone with a bigger tire, do you update or get the computer updated for the new size? The dealer wants $90 to do it or $140ish to buy the program and do it myself. Any thoughts on pros/cons to this?

TIA

Unread 08-15-2015, 11:33 AM   #2
jim_in_PA
2012 WK 

'Can't help you with the 4Lo question...I don't use it.

AFAIK, you cannot completely disable the ODO display, but I could be wrong about that.

If the dealer is saying they can re-calibrate the speedo and odo for a JGC for larger tires, they are blowing smoke and trying to take your money. It's not possible...the computer only has a setting for the OEM 30.6" diameter. This is a known "deficiency". Rumor has it that Diablo is poking around to try and find a way around that, but currently, there's no solution available.
Unread 08-15-2015, 11:37 AM   #3
Billscarnage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_in_PA View Post
If the dealer is saying they can re-calibrate the speedo and odo for a JGC for larger tires, they are blowing smoke and trying to take your money. It's not possible...the computer only has a setting for the OEM 30.6" diameter. This is a known "deficiency". Rumor has it that Diablo is poking around to try and find a way around that, but currently, there's no solution available.
So if I move up to a 32" diameter tire, that OEM setting can't be updated to the new size? That's good to know; thx for the info.
Unread 08-15-2015, 11:47 AM   #4
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billscarnage View Post
So if I move up to a 32" diameter tire, that OEM setting can't be updated to the new size? That's good to know; thx for the info.
Thats right. The ~$500 diablo tuner can change tire factors but you will also get a ABS fault.They've been working on a fix for that for a couple years now

Its not like other Chrysler vehicles where several OEM tire sizes are offered and the dealer can select from them... Many service advisors are not aware that the WK2 has only one OEM diameter and Chrysler doesn't provide the dealer with a way to change.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.