Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Cost Quotes To Install Pet Barrier (Mopar 82212304)?

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  John_Agudelo 
#1 ·
Hey All,

I ordered the Mopar pet barrier online 82212304 for around $220. I went to install it last week and realized that you literally need to disassemble a lot of the rear inside plastic trim, and even make cuts to install this thing.

Screw that. I was comfortable doing stuff like that on the wrangler, not the WK2.

I got a quote from my dealer for the install alone, since I already have the part. They charge a standard accessory rate of $75 / hour, and quoted 6 hours (which doesn't really surprise me considering most of the inside needs to be disassembled.

Total Estimate: $450

I wanted to double check here on what other people paid or if people have other solutions.

I've tried the telescoping barriers that squeeze between your roof and trunk floor, and would prefer not to use that kind. My dogs would also tear through a "net" solution as well. I have a German Wirehair Pointer, and a German Shorthair Pointer - and they are both CRAZY with their energy levels.

I really don't want their razor sharp nails on the leather - or plastic bits up front. I have may to resort to using their "doggy seatbelts" on the trunk floor anchors because $670 to get this barrier installed seems crazy.

See less See more
#3 ·
Your hourly rate is already better than mine here in Germany. I had a dealership install a hitch receiver I bought. He charged me 3 hours of labor at €95/hour which equals about $108/hour. I paid it because I was not about to try and cut up the bumper of my new GC. If he messed it up he'd be paying for it. I mess it up I pay... Know what I mean? It also included the flash to activate the harness, which by it self was $150. Made sense to me.

#5 ·
I actually can't find a link to that one - do you know who makes it or have a link to it? I just found the image in a google search. I was definitely concerned about rattles. I am also really worried that my Grand's interior is going to rattle like crazy if they break any of the clips holding the trim on and don't correctly re-fit everything.

I bought the mopar one on Amazon.com so theoretically I should be able to return it easily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.