Corsa Setup on Summit? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Corsa Setup on Summit?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-01-2014, 06:58 PM   #1
mbdtex

Corsa Setup on Summit?

Hello all,
I am looking at purchasing either a 2014 Overland V8 2wd or 2013 Summit V8 2wd tomorrow and leaning more toward the '13 Summit. But I want to change out the exhaust on it and it seems like the general consensus is to go with Corsa (part #14457). But upon finding them on Cora's site there's a small asterisk underneath the compatible model (Fits: 2011-2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7L V8) that says "*Excludes Summit Edition". Is there a difference in the setup between the 2013 Overland V8 and then 2013 Overland V8 Summit? I want to purchase these but don't want to go through the hassle to purchase them only to find out that they are in fact not compatible. I'd really appreciate any input.

Thanks Again

mbdtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2014, 07:04 PM   #2
ColdCase

2011 WK 

I think the rear bumper facia and exhaust outlets are unique to the Summit.
Unread 04-01-2014, 07:09 PM   #3
mbdtex

Hmm so probably better to not try it out and end up regretting the purchase?

'13 - JGC - Overland Summit - 5.7 Hemi, 2wd
Unread 04-01-2014, 07:12 PM   #4
mbdtex

Or actually I'll probably just take it to a nearby "Offroad" vehicles shop and see what they have to say about it before I make the purchase online. Amazon has the entire setup for $200 cheaper than anywhere else with free shipping.

Unread 04-01-2014, 07:50 PM   #5
Deep18
2004 WJ 

Check this out.

http://www.**********.org/f108/2014-...ust-70344.html
Unread 04-01-2014, 09:09 PM   #6
14summithemi
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep18 View Post
That's my thread. Same info on this forum here:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/...l#post19371545

However, for your question it doesn't apply. '13 Overland Summit and '14 Overland are same Corsa (both have same round bumper cutouts). The asterisk is meant to note that it doesn't fit the '14 Summit (officially called an Overland Summit) since it has the trapezoid bumper cutouts which is why I am arranging the special Corsa run for '14 Summit/Overland Summits only NOT '14 Overlands.

Congrats on the purchase and you will love the sound of your Corsa on the hemi.
14summithemi is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2014, 09:11 PM   #7
mbdtex

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14summithemi View Post
That's my thread. Same info on this forum here:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/...l#post19371545

However, for your question it doesn't apply. '13 Overland Summit and '14 Overland are same Corsa (both have same round bumper cutouts). The asterisk is meant to note that it doesn't fit the '14 Summit (officially called an Overland Summit) since it has the trapezoid bumper cutouts which is why I am arranging the special Corsa run for '14 Summit/Overland Summits only NOT '14 Overlands.

Congrats on the purchase and you will love the sound of your Corsa on the hemi.
Ohhh I see. Well thank you very much for the clarification!!

Unread 04-02-2014, 08:24 AM   #8
Deep18
2004 WJ 

I need to go to the Derek Zoolander school for kids who don't read good. Totally missed the "'13" part of the original post.
Unread 04-02-2014, 08:52 AM   #9
mbdtex

Quote:
I need to go to the Derek Zoolander school for kids who don't read good. Totally missed the "'13" part of the original post.
**School for ants. Haha

Unread 04-02-2014, 11:26 AM   #10
mbdtex

Do ya'll know if installing the Corsa exhaust on the Jeep will void it's remaining manufacturers warranty on it? I was going to have this muffler shop near my place install it since I don't have the tools to do it myself.

Unread 04-02-2014, 11:34 AM   #11
14summithemi
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbdtex View Post
Do ya'll know if installing the Corsa exhaust on the Jeep will void it's remaining manufacturers warranty on it? I was going to have this muffler shop near my place install it since I don't have the tools to do it myself.
You have zero warranty on your brand new stock exhaust. It's a consumable like brake pads. So, actually, you would be replacing an exhaust with zero warranty with one that has a Limited Lifetime warranty. No brainer if you ask me.

If there had been a warranty then, yes, that would be lost due to modification. Legally, they can only void warranties part for part or system for system. Be careful though as there is wiggle room in that if your mod can be proven to have caused an issue with a related part/system under warranty then you might have a problem getting a warranty repair.
Unread 04-02-2014, 11:36 AM   #12
2014RedHemiGC
2014 WK 

Usually intakes, exhausts, and other "bolt-ons" don't void the warranty unless a problem occurs as a direct result of that particular added item.
2014RedHemiGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2014, 12:24 PM   #13
mbdtex

Yeah that's what I'm a little hesitant on that if something just so happends to go wrong with the vehicle then the dealer might try to pull something out their a** and blame it on me having replaced the stock exhaust with the after-market.

Unread 04-02-2014, 12:27 PM   #14
14summithemi
2014 WK 

Quote:
Yeah that's what I'm a little hesitant on that if something just so happends to go wrong with the vehicle then the dealer might try to pull something out their a** and blame it on me having replaced the stock exhaust with the after-market.
They can't even blame O2 sensor failures on non-stock exhaust as those are upstream. Only if you replaced cats and the down pipe but pretty sure you have no aftermarket options for those.

Now, throwing in a "tune" to the ECM to pep up your Hemi? You bet, that's a prickly one. Myself, I'm gonna do it and just revert to stock tune every time in for service, it's super easy.

It all depends on your tolerance for "discussions". If you have concerns or an uneasy feeling, don't do it. Go with your gut in the end.
Unread 04-02-2014, 01:33 PM   #15
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Quote:
How can we be expected to teach children to learn how to read... if they can't even fit inside the building?

Quote:
**School for ants. Haha
To be correct, "What is this...a center for ants"? Sorry...A slight irritation of mine when people quote movies incorrectly.

Like when EVERYONE says "Luke, I am your father". HE DOESN'T SAY IT THAT WAY, PEOPLE!!
"No...I am your father" is the correct line!

Sorry...back on topic.

'12 Laredo V6 ORA1|Terra Grappler 265-70-17|MB TKO 17x8.5|Silverstar Ultra low beams|Mopar Front and Rear WK2 slush mats|RRO 2.5" lift
BWoody extended sway bar links|K&N 77 Series Intake|Gibson Exhaust | Viair OBA | RRO Combo Winch mount| Q9000S winch
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.