Coolant leak?!? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Coolant leak?!?

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 04-28-2014, 04:57 PM   #1
Carange334

Coolant leak?!?

Hey guys, 2012 GC Larado here with a very watery orange liquid dripping out from under my truck in front. Pretty sure its coolant. The reserve tank is looking way low. This past weekend I left my truck in a parking lot so I don't know if someone tried to screw with it or not. I got an appointment at the dealer tomorrow. I drove it all morning and didn't even notice. Didn't get any check engine lights or notice the temp go up to high... I don't want to have to pay a tow bill. Can I throw some water in just to get it about 25 minute away to the dealer? Right now I am just below the add coolant line.Thoughts?

Carange334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2014, 05:50 PM   #2
JGCUGADAWG
2012 WK 

I had the exact same issue with our '12 WK2. Water pump seal failed and left orange/red puddles on the garage floor. By the time I made it in the reserve tank was nearly empty and never had a CEL or overheating issue. You should be good.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/...-leak-1563595/
JGCUGADAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2014, 06:56 PM   #3
14summithemi
2014 WK 

My '14 Summit Hemi had a coolant leak from the timing cover gasket at 254 miles. New cover, fine so far at 7k+
14summithemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2014, 07:41 PM   #4
Carange334

Thanks guys! I am going to throw 2-3 quarts of water in the reserve tank tomorrow morning and head over to the dealership.
Unread 04-29-2014, 08:47 AM   #5
Carange334

Just got the call from the dealership. Its the radiator. They said a seam spilt and they are going to replace the whole thing. :/ I hate when dealers start doing work... always had it so once they start its in monthly for the next thing.... O well at least its covered.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.