Coolant leak?!? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Coolant leak?!?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-28-2014, 04:57 PM   #1
Carange334

Coolant leak?!?

Hey guys, 2012 GC Larado here with a very watery orange liquid dripping out from under my truck in front. Pretty sure its coolant. The reserve tank is looking way low. This past weekend I left my truck in a parking lot so I don't know if someone tried to screw with it or not. I got an appointment at the dealer tomorrow. I drove it all morning and didn't even notice. Didn't get any check engine lights or notice the temp go up to high... I don't want to have to pay a tow bill. Can I throw some water in just to get it about 25 minute away to the dealer? Right now I am just below the add coolant line.Thoughts?

Carange334 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2014, 05:50 PM   #2
JGCUGADAWG
2012 WK 

I had the exact same issue with our '12 WK2. Water pump seal failed and left orange/red puddles on the garage floor. By the time I made it in the reserve tank was nearly empty and never had a CEL or overheating issue. You should be good.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/...-leak-1563595/
JGCUGADAWG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2014, 06:56 PM   #3
14summithemi
2014 WK 

My '14 Summit Hemi had a coolant leak from the timing cover gasket at 254 miles. New cover, fine so far at 7k+
14summithemi is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2014, 07:41 PM   #4
Carange334

Thanks guys! I am going to throw 2-3 quarts of water in the reserve tank tomorrow morning and head over to the dealership.
Unread 04-29-2014, 08:47 AM   #5
Carange334

Just got the call from the dealership. Its the radiator. They said a seam spilt and they are going to replace the whole thing. :/ I hate when dealers start doing work... always had it so once they start its in monthly for the next thing.... O well at least its covered.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.