Considering Purchase of 2012 Limited, Anything to Watch For? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Considering Purchase of 2012 Limited, Anything to Watch For?

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 06-18-2014, 05:21 AM   #1
Ciocc

Considering Purchase of 2012 Limited, Anything to Watch For?

I am looking at a 2012 Grand Cherokee Limited, 3.6, navigation and sunroof. Is there anything in particular that I should be aware of for that year and model? How are navigation map updates done, and what is the cost for those updates? It is an off lease vehicle with a clean Carfax. It looks good, but will need tires soon.

Thanks,
Ciocc

Ciocc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2014, 06:59 AM   #2
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Nothing special about that model year. As any model year V6, make sure it shifts smoothly and as well as you like. There are some that get annoyed with how the eco mode robs driving pleasure. There seems to be large production tolerances. Check for wheel/tire vibrations and rattles that may annoy you, but you may need to get it up to 75 on a test drive. You have less than a 0.1% chance of a head failure, and another 0.1% of an oil leak... but there is no way to tell if the one you are looking at will fail.

There is a TSB list at WK2jeeps.com to check out for other potential problems.

The NAV updates are by DVD and cost more than $100 I think. You insert the DVD, the radio detects its an update disk and does the update. There was some discussion a few months ago about how useful the Map updates are.

I should start a sticky for used WK2 buying advice, as the forum is getting more and more questions. Any volunteers to put the first draft together?
Unread 06-18-2014, 07:42 PM   #3
Ciocc

Thanks for the info. Hadn't found that website. Anyway, for better or worse, it's sitting in my driveway.

Ciocc
Ciocc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2014, 07:53 PM   #4
lawbreaker
2012 WK 

www.navigation.com
lawbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.